Chapter 19

You

Daehyun watched as Misun helped set up the stage. It was Wednesday and they had one week left before the play began, but even so, they wanted to put everything in it's place as soon as they could. He really admired this hard working side of her’s. But as she began lifting a ladder all by herself, he decided it was time to step in.

 

“That's a little dangerous, don't you think?” He smiled down at her while taking the ladder from her hands; it was quite heavy and he was surprised that she could lift it. Misun jumped and turned around to find Daehyun standing there. She didn't even know he was around.

 

“Oh, um… I guess so..? But I'm tough, I can carry it myself.” She frowned a little, not wanting to seem like a wimp.

 

“Boyfriends are supposed to carry heavy things for their girlfriends. It's our main purpose in life.” He said with a straight face. At her bewildered look, he broke out into a smile and laughed. “Anyway, where do you want this?”

 

Misun smiled and shook her head before leading him to the spot that needed the ladder. As they were walking back to the front of the stage, Youngjae approached them.

 

“Hey, have either of you seen Sooyeon?” He asked, looking around. “I want to practice the light schedule with the guys so that they know when to turn things on and off.”

 

Misun looked up at Daehyun before shaking her head. “I haven't seen her since Monday…” Daehyun nodded in agreement and Youngjae sighed.

 

“You could practice with just me and Misun.” Daehyun suggested, causing the girl to look up at him like he was crazy. “What? It’s just practice. Besides, you've been helping me with my lines, remember? You know practically the entire second half of the play.”

 

Youngjae looked at Misun with puppy dog eyes that would sway even the most strict of character. “Ahhhhh alright, fine.” She gave in, looking up at Daehyun with a slight scowl. “You got me into this. Just know I'm not an actress, okay? It's probably not going to go very well.”

 

Daehyun grinned and pulled her into a hug. “You'll do great~ Just give it a try.”

 

So Youngjae left to go set up the system while the other two waited for him. At his signal, they started rehearsing from the intermission. Misun was anxious at first and made a few mistakes, but Daehyun’s stage presence was so strong and calming that she eventually just fell into a relaxed feeling. They went through the whole thing twice before Youngjae finally said that he was done.

 

He came down from the lighting headquarters to meet them with a satisfied smile. “Good job, Misun! I think the other light technicians will be all set now."

 

"What about me??” Daehyun whined, staring at his best friend.

 

Youngjae shrugged. “Eeehhhhh….”

 

"Why you little--” Daehyun made a threatening gesture and Misun had to hide her grin.

 

The younger boy scoffed but smiled good naturedly. “Anyway, I'm going to stay here and work a bit longer, but you guys should go home and get some rest, okay?”

 

“Okay!” Daehyun grabbed Misun’s hand and led her toward the exit before she could even wave goodbye.

 

“Aahhhhh I'm so hungry. I think I'm gonna die..” He whined as they walked through the halls after collecting their backpacks from the clubroom.

 

Misun looked up at him with a sympathetic smile. “Do you want to come eat a late dinner at my house? It's the closest place that has food, and I don't particularly want you to die. I've gotten used to having you around.”

 

Daehyun laughed but nodded. “Well I'm glad you've gotten more accustomed to me.” They teased each other back and forth all the way to Misun’s apartment. She opened the door and let them in. Daehyun went straight to the kitchen and she followed him.

 

“I think you like food more than you like me.” She said, crossing her arms as she watched him raid her fridge. She didn't mind him eating her food; there was no way she was going to eat it all by herself anyway.

 

Daehyun looked up at her with a piece of pizza his mouth and a container of gyoza and vegetables in his hands. “Nuh-uh!” He made more disagreeing noises through the food in his mouth until Misun burst out laughing.

 

“Okay, okay, I was just teasing.” She said, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and stealing some of the food.

 

He pushed the container forward so that she could reach more easily. “I like you at least equally as much as I like food.”

 

“I'm honored.” She replied with a roll of her eyes.

 

“Anyway, new topic. Let's go watch a movie.” He picked up the container and grabbed Misun’s hand, this time dragging her to the living room.

 

Misun walked over to her rack of movies. “What do you want to watch?”

 

“Anything is fine.” He replied, leaning on one side of the couch as he continued to eat.

 

“Is ‘Tunnel’ okay?” She asked, picking it out and turning to look for his approval.

 

He nodded. “That's a good one, but it's kind of long. Will you be able to stay up and watch the whole thing?” He grinned and she blushed lightly. He set his now-empty container on the coffee table and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“I'll be fine, just you wait and see.” She set up the movie and turned around. Daehyun held his arms out to her and waited. She looked at him for a moment before eventually walking over to give him the hug he apparently wanted. As Daehyun’s arms closed around her, he fell backward, taking Misun with him until they both landed on the couch cushions with a huff. She looked up at him in alarm, only to find him smiling at her. “What are you doing, oppa?”

 

“I don't know about you, but I’m getting ready to watch a movie. In case you didn't know, this is the best way to watch one.” He settled in, holding Misun close to him.

 

“I'm heavy, let me up.” She tried pushing up to get away from him, but he wasn't having any of that.

 

He rolled his eyes and kissed her on the cheek. “You are not. Now calm down and watch. The movie is starting.”

 

Misun huffed at him before finally giving in with a heavy blush on her cheeks. She rested her head against his chest, her arms comfortably at his sides. She unconsciously tensed and grabbed his shirt as the tunnel collapsed. She had seen the movie many times, but that part always startled her. Daehyun kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back comfortingly.

 

About halfway through the movie, Misun was still holding onto his shirt, but she went limp against him. “Misunnie..?” Daehyun tilted his head to see the girl's face, and sure enough she had fallen asleep. He smiled and went back to watching for a little while. He eventually became tired as well and decided he should probably head home for the night. He shook her shoulder gently as he sat up. “Hey, it's time to go to bed. Wake up.”

 

Misun stirred slightly but didn't wake up. She was a heavy sleeper and not many things could wake her. Daehyun smiled at her and sighed. He picked her up like a little kid and quietly carried her to her room. He set her down in her bed and tried to pull away, but she still had a hold on his shirt. “Misun-ah, let go. I have to leave now.” He said quietly as he tried to pull her hands from him.

 

“No, don't leave me… Please…” She wasn't awake, but her tone was so sad that it practically broke Daehyun’s heart. “You promised..”

 

At this he sighed and shook her more forcefully. “Misun, I'll see you tomorrow at club, okay? But I have to go now.”

 

She half opened her eyes and Daehyun was surprised to find tears in them. “Don't leave me. Please, oppa…” Misun’s eyes immediately closed again and he knew that that was just part of her dream. However, it seemed like he didn't really have much choice.

 

“Alright, alright….” He begrudgingly got into the bed next to her. He had never felt more awkward in his life. Misun turned and grabbed onto him, holding him close to her. Daehyun wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back again until he fell asleep, as well.

★☆★☆★☆

Soooooooooo~ hi, how's it going?

Can you feel your teeth falling out from all of the sweet fluff? Ugh, why is he so adorable? It should be against the law to be this damn good looking all the time.


Yeah, stand up for us, Jongup-ah! <3

Anyway, thanks for keeping up with me so far! Things are coming together nicely for the next chapter and it should be out soon.