Chapter 20

You

 

Misun slowly woke up from the best night of sleep she had ever had. As she became more aware, she realized something was different. Her pillow seemed harder than usual and there was a comfortable weight on her waist. Misun opened her eyes and practically forgot how to breathe. Daehyun was lying right next to her. In her bed. She was lying her head on one of his arms while his other arm held her close in a loose, but comforting way.

 

Sensing the stirs next to him, Daehyun sighed and stretched slowly with his eyes closed. As he opened his eyes, he grinned at seeing Misun’s shocked expression. He closed his eyes again and cuddled closer to her, still feeling a little sleepy. “Good morning.” He said quietly, still smiling to himself.

 

“Uh.. Um… Good- good morning…” She was blushing heavily and could not form a sentence to save her life. “Uh, Daehyun oppa…?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What.. What are you doing in my bed?” Misun was so confused. She only remembered watching the movie last night. She didn’t remember even finishing the movie.

 

Daehyun sighed again as he pulled away and stretched, finally deciding he should wake up. “You fell asleep on me last night.”

 

“I did not...” Misun looked at him in shock.

 

He smiled and nodded. “You wouldn’t wake up, so I carried you in here. Then you just wouldn’t let go.” He paused and looked her in the eyes. “You begged me to stay with you. So after that, I couldn’t just leave.”

 

Misun covered her face with both hands in embarrassment. “Oh no. Oppa, I am so sorry.”

 

Daehyun laughed and pulled at her wrists. “Wae? I actually kinda liked it. Waking up right next to you.” He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Misun tried to avoid looking at him, but he gently turned her face toward him. “But if it’s making you uncomfortable, I can go.”

 

He sat up and Misun panicked. “No, wait!” She grabbed his arm and held onto him. “I’m not uncomfortable. I just.. I’ve never…” She tried to articulate what she was thinking.

 

Daehyun looked at Misun curiously until understanding hit him and he smiled at her gently. “I know you’ve probably never slept next to anyone in your life, Misun-ah. You’ve probably never done a lot of things. It’s okay.” He laid back down and pulled her closer so that her head was resting comfortably on his chest. He her hair as she slowly brought her arms around to hold him tightly.

 

“Why are you so patient with me?” She asked, not looking up at him. “You could have a girlfriend like Sooyeon, someone that knows more about relationships than I do.”

 

Daehyun thought about her questions seriously for a moment before sighing. “Okay, first of all, I don’t like Sooyeon. Secondly, I like you. Thirdly, I don’t need someone with experience, I need you. I don’t think you’ve realized how important you are to me yet, Misun.” He hugged her tighter as she considered what he had said.

 

“I guess I don’t..?” She picked her head up to meet his eyes.

 

He looked away, a light blush on his face. “Well… Um..” It was his turn to be at a loss for words and this made Misun smile. “I can’t really explain it very well. But I’m drawn to you. Like, a day without you is not something that I can get through easily.”

 

“So that’s why you text me every day?” She teased, poking his cheek lightly. He looked at her and stuck his tongue out.

 

“Yes, that’s why.” He leaned his head up and she moved in, kissing his lips with a smile on her face.

 

As they pulled away, Misun became alert. “Oh no, what time is it?!”

 

Daehyun’s eyes grew wide and they both sat up, looking around for their phones or a clock. He found his phone first. “It’s 8:30. When’s your first class?”

 

Misun jumped out of the bed. “In thirty minutes, apparently.”

 

“You get changed, I’ll go make breakfast.” Daehyun got untangled from the covers and left the room, closing the door behind him. He went down to the kitchen and began setting up some toast in the toaster as he looked through the fridge for something else to have with it.

 

By the time Misun came into the kitchen, Daehyun had put some scrambled eggs onto the toast, making a sandwich for her to eat. She took it from him with a smile. “Thank you~”

 

Daehyun smiled back at her and leaned in, kissing her on the forehead. “Of course~ I don’t have a class until 10, so I’m going to head back to my apartment to get changed and stuff. I’ll see you at club, though?” They talked as they made their way to the door, picking up their book bags and slipping on their shoes.

 

“I’ll be there!” She munched on her sandwich as he opened the door for her.

 

“You better be.” He winked and kissed her quickly on the lips before running out the door. “I love you!” Daehyun practically yelled for the entire apartment complex to hear.

 

“Yah! Don’t yell so loud!” She blushed heavily as she watched him leave, a smile sneaking up onto her lips.

******

 

Sera walked through the halls quickly, on her way to find Misun. She needed to hurry up, talk to the girl, and get on with her plans for the day. As she rounded the last corner to on her way to the theater clubroom she ran directly into Sooyeon.

 

“Ah, um, sorry…” Sooyeon looked odd and avoided any eye contact as she bowed and walked around Sera. The red-haired girl looked back in confusion before shrugging; that wasn't really any of her business.

 

“Misun-ah~” Sera called out as she stepped inside the room.

 

Misun looked up from the design table in surprise. “Oh, unnie!” She waved the girl over.

 

However, Sera stopped in her tracks when the other girl at the table turned around. Fae jumped up, knocking her chair over.

 

“YOU?!” Both girls practically yelled as they pointed at each other.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Sera asked, eyes wide.

 

“ME? WHAT ABOUT YOU?!” Fae looked at the other girl in exasperation. Misun looked between the two girls with wide eyes.

 

“WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!” Daehyun came over with Youngjae to investigate what was going on.

 

But the two older girls ignored him. “I thought you were still in Busan! Why didn't you tell me you had moved here?!” Fae was no longer shouting, but there was a certain level of distress in her voice.

 

“I'm sorry…” Sera said, running her hand through her hair. “I had moved here, but then I left for a bit, and now I'm back for a little while. It's kind of hard to explain.”

 

“I was supposed to be your best friend. You think I wouldn't understand?!” Fae had her hands clenched in fists at her sides. “I was so damn worried about you, and here you are strolling around without a care in the world.”

 

That made Sera upset and she lashed out. “Listen, you don't know what's going on with me right now. I'm far from not having a care in the world. All I can say is that I'm sorry and I know I should have done a better job of contacting you.”

 

The two girls stood there, facing each other, as they caught their breath. Sera sighed and looked around awkwardly before walking forward to hug the girl in front of her.

 

“I'm still mad at you,” Fae grumbled against the girl’s shoulder as she brought her arms up to hug her back.

 

Sera smiled and pulled away. “I understand. Let's catch up later, okay?” Fae nodded and let go, sitting back down with a sigh. Sera then turned her attention to the other three that had been watching the whole fiasco. Youngjae, Daehyun, and Misun were just staring at her in surprise.

 

“What was that all about?” Youngjae asked, glancing between Fae and Sera.

 

“I'm sorry, but I don't really have much time to explain.” Sera gave them an apologetic smile before looking at Misun. “Anyway, I was looking for you to tell you that Yongguk oppa and I won't be able to come over tonight.”

 

Misun blinked before nodding. “Okay, but why?”

 

“Um, too much homework. I have to do some research for my senior project..” The elder girl looked away. “But anyway, we'll see you next week, okay?”

 

“Alright, good luck with the research and stuff!” Misun smiled up at her and got a smile back.

 

“Thanks! See you all later!” Sera exchanged one final look with everyone before turning and walking away.

 

It was quiet for a few moments before Daehyun spoke up. “Well, that was weird.” Misun nodded with a frown, feeling a little concerned about her friend.

 

“Don't worry, she'll be fine~” Fae reassured them as she tied off the thread of a backdrop they had made.

 

As Misun was about to ask further questions, Sooyeon came back wearing Belle’s first dress. When she had arrived at the club, Misun was surprised to see the girl looking paler than normal with dark circles under her eyes.

 

“How does it look?” Sooyeon asked, not looking up to meet Misun's eyes.

 

The younger girl frowned as she walked around the actress. “Did you lose weight? It's not fitting like it used to.” She tugged at the sides and the collar, trying to readjust the material.

 

Sooyeon just shrugged and continued to avoid eye contact. Youngjae looked at her with concern, tilting his head to the side. “When was the last time you slept? You look so tired.”

 

“I'm not tired, I'm fine.” Sooyeon said in a monotonous voice.

 

This annoyed Daehyun. Here Misun was, trying to make the girl look good, but all she could muster was an apathetic expression?? As he opened his mouth to say something, Misun gave him a look and Youngjae covered the older boy’s mouth. Now was probably not the best time to harp on the girl.

 

Misun sighed and came around to the front of her. “Well, I can take the dress in, but we’ll probably have to alter the other one, too. That'll take some time…”

 

“No, please don't worry about it. I… I need to tell you something..” The girl took a deep breath and brought her gaze up. She briefly caught Misun's surprised eyes before she looked at the girl’s shoulder to talk. “I'm sorry.”

 

Everyone was quiet as they stared at the girl in front of them. “What..?” Daehyun managed to ask before Youngjae covered his mouth again.

 

“Let her talk, idiot.” The younger boy said.

 

“I've realized what an idiot I've been these past few months. My other friends have left me and I'm all by myself once again. So I've had some time to think and I just wanted to apologize.” Sooyeon finally held her gaze evenly with the girl in front of her. “You don't have to forgive me. Just know that I'm sorry.”

 

Misun considered the girl for a moment and then nodded. “Well… um, thank you for saying that. I'll think about it.”

 

Sooyeon nodded and gave a slight half smile. “I'll try the other dress on now if you want me to.”

 

Misun wordlessly handed the girl the dress. Sooyeon took it and left to go change again.

 

“That was weird.” Fae stated, looking up from her seat.

 

Daehyun walked over and hugged Misun. “Are you okay?” He asked, worried about how interacting with that girl would affect her.

 

“Huh? Oh.. Yeah, I'm alright…” Misun nodded and hugged him back. “I'm just a little surprised, I guess.”

 

“I think she meant what she said…” Youngjae mused, looking at the doorway she had gone through.

 

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed. “Just because she apologizes doesn’t mean what she did was okay. She locked Misun in a shed for crying out loud!”

 

“I’m not saying I excuse her actions, Daehyunnie, calm down.” Youngjae stuck his tongue out and casually walked away.

 

“Is that any way to talk to your hyung??” Daehyun called after him, but the sassy younger boy just kept walking. “Aish, that kid…”

 

Misun laughed and hugged Daehyun tightly in consolation. “You know he loves you, oppa.”

 

“He has a weird way of showing it.” Daehyun huffed but had a slight smile on his face. He looked down at the girl in his arms. “By the way, it’s Thursday. What are we doing tonight?”

 

Misun thought carefully. “I think Himchannie oppa said something about coming over to play video games. He also asked about bringing a certain person over…” She looked to the side and Fae’s head snapped up.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oppa asked me if you could come join us at my apartment tonight. Do you want to come? There’ll be dinner and video games and stuff.” Misun offered a little shyly. She wanted the older girl to come, but she wasn’t sure how Fae felt. Maybe she just wanted their relationship to be strictly business.

 

Fae pushed her glasses up as she looked at Misun. “Are.. Are you sure you want me to come?”

 

“Yes!” Daehyun answered for his girlfriend with a big smile. “You definitely have to come.”

 

“Well…” She nervously looked around the room. “Okay, if you guys don’t mind.”

 

“Of course we don’t mind! I’ll text oppa right now and let him know that you’ll be there.” Misun finally lets go of Daehyun to go find her phone. This left the boy a little lost, so he followed her around.

 

“Are you guys done with your work for the day? Can we leave yet?” Daehyun asked, looking at the materials covering their table.

 

“We’re pretty much done, yeah. We just need to see how the other dress fits Sooyeon, then we can go.” Misun told him. “Why, are you hungry?” Right on cue, Daehyun’s stomach rumbled loudly. The girls laughed at him as he ducked his head to hide the redness creeping up onto his cheeks.

 

“Good. I’ll go get Youngjae.” He turned and left quickly, making the girls chuckle again as they began to clean up.

★☆★☆★☆

Hey my dudes~ Sorry, this was a long chapter, huh? But it was necessary, so thank you for putting up with it.
Did you like some of the surprises?

probably not that dramatic, though, huh? xD Lol Youngjae is my favorite drama king 👑