Chapter 8

You

Misun packed up her notes and textbook and quickly left her last class of the day. She had plans to meet Himchan for dinner and she could not wait to relax. The day had been stressful enough after the previous night. Her thoughts travelled back to Daehyun’s words as she walked down the hallway. Was it really okay to think that way? Was she a worthwhile person? For a long time, she had used a majority of her past as good evidence to prove otherwise. That she wasn’t needed. That she should be trying harder. But what if she was wrong? Himchan had told her all of the things that Daehyun had said last night; he’d told her multiple times. But having someone else say it confused her. What if Daehyun was right?

 

Suddenly Misun fell forward as her feet got caught on something on the ground. She landed hard on her stomach and the air quickly left her lungs.

 

“Oops, sorry. My bad.” Immediately Misun recognized Sooyeon’s voice. “Did you have a good trip with Daehyun?”

 

Gasping for breath, Misun rolled over onto her back. She looked up to see Sooyeon and another girl from the drama club. Sooyeon had her arms crossed over her chest and an irritated expression, while the other girl just looked uncomfortable.

 

“We saw you leaving together with Youngjae and Daehyun yesterday.” Sooyeon elaborated in answer to Misun’s confused look.

 

“Oh, that.” She said as she finally caught her breath and rolled her eyes. She tried to sit up, however Sooyeon pushed her back down with her foot. “They were just helping me get fabric, geez.”

 

“Nahyun, I think we should teach her to stay away from those boys. Otherwise she could get hurt.” Sooyeon said to the girl beside her.

 

“How about I teach you a lesson in minding your own business?” A voice asked from behind Misun. She turned around and saw the girl from yesterday walking toward them. Her long red hair was pulled up into a ponytail, allowing the anger on her face to clearly be displayed. When she stopped next to Misun, she reached down and helped the girl up. Once Misun was on her feet again, the tall redhead looked down at the surprised Sooyeon and Nahyun.

 

“Maybe you should mind your own business. Who the heck are you, anyway?” Sooyeon asked, trying her hardest not to be intimidated.

 

“I’m her friend.” The redhead stated, crossing her arms and taking a step into Sooyeon’s personal space.

 

“Sooyeon, let’s go. I told you this was a bad idea.” Nahyun mumbled, bowing in apology to the mystery girl and pulling her friend along. Sooyeon let out a huff and once again walked away as fast as her stilettos would carry her.

 

And thus, the two were left alone in the empty hallway. The redhead turned to Misun and a smile slowly appeared on her face. “Hey, Bloody Knuckles. How’s it going? Making friends?”

 

“More like trying not to be noticed by old friends.” Misun replied as she adjusted the straps on her backpack. “No matter what I do, she always finds me and harasses me. I’m just doing my job as the seamstress! It’s not like I purposefully asked Daehyun and Youngjae to come with me!” Before she knew it, Misun was spilling her feelings out to this person that she had only met one other time.

 

The girl sighed and pulled Misun into a gentle hug. Misun stiffened; she wasn’t prepared for such a move. “Hey, it’ll be okay. I’ve got your back.”

 

“But I.. I barely know you though. I’m sorry but... can’t trust you yet.” Misun didn’t know what to do as she said her thoughts aloud, so she just stood there awkwardly.

 

“And you shouldn’t trust me. Yet.” The girl’s response surprised Misun further. “However, I think that in order to move on from past hardships, you have to be brave. You have to trust other people enough to let them heal you.”

 

Misun let this reply sink in. As she did, she slowly brought her arms up and hugged the other girl back. She still was scared. This could be a mistake. She had just found out personally from Sooyeon that friends can pretend, lie, or say whatever they want. This could all be an elaborate trick to mess her up again.

 

After a few more moments, the other girl pulled away first. “Let’s get going. It’s getting dark outside.” She said with a small smile. Misun nodded and followed the girl out to the front gates.

 

“Misun?” Knowing the voice, Misun perked up and looked around. She quickly spotted Himchan leaning against a streetlamp, waiting for her. “I was wondering what was taking you so long..”

 

“Sorry, oppa. I was held up.” Misun walked over and stood next to him, showing her most apologetic look.

 

“It’s oka- Wait…. Sera?” Himchan stood up straight and looked behind Misun at the red haired girl.

 

“Oh, Himchan! Good evening~” The girl replied with a smile.

 

When Himchan didn’t reply back right away, Misun looked between the two of them worriedly. “Oppa, do you know her??” She asked carefully.

 

Himchan sighed. “Yeah, I do… Misun, meet Sera. She’s Yongguk’s girlfriend.”

★☆★☆★☆

Surprise!
I hope the chapter was okay ^^/

Himchan is very handsome and I don't think he gets enough love.
Please love this little fluffball.