Chapter 2

You

By the time the two of them stepped into Misun’s apartment, Himchan and Misun were both cold, wet, and hungry. Himchan set his umbrella by the door and took off his shoes and jacket while Misun did the same.

 

“Wait here, I’ll go get some towels.” Misun told him. She quickly went to the bathroom and grabbed two fresh towels from the closet. As she walked back, she noticed Himchan was looking at her with an odd expression. “What?” She asked as she threw the towel over his head, covering his face.

 

Himchan laughed before reaching up to roughly towel dry his hair. “I was just thinking about something.”  He moved on to dry the rest of his skin quickly.

 

She tilted her head to the side as she dried her arms. “About what?”

 

“This situation. It’s really similar to how we met about two years ago.” He told her as he came closer and took the towel from her hands. He moved it to start drying Misun’s hair as she looked at his shoulder.

 

“... You’re right.. I had just left my parent’s house after they screamed at me for the last time.” She replied slowly, still not making eye contact with him. “There was practically a hurricane outside, but I didn’t care. I had to get out of there. I was walking toward the school when you drove by and saw me. I still can’t believe you actually got out of your car and, without saying a word, picked me up and put me in your car. I thought you were kidnapping me!” She finally looked up and met his eyes with a light glare on her face.

 

Himchan smiled in return before nodding in agreement. “It probably seemed like that. But I was just so mad that a girl like you was out in that storm without a coat or umbrella or anything. I didn’t know what to say, so I just didn’t say anything. You didn’t say much either, though.” He chuckled, remembering that time well. Misun had been shivering in his arms when he picked her up that night. She didn’t even try to fight him. “So instead I just took you back to my and Yongguk’s apartment and took care of you. You were so quiet and jumpy. Unlike now when you’re so loud and obnoxious.”

 

“Yah! You’re the obnoxious one. Aishhh…” Misun hit him with the towel, a small grin on her face again.  “Are you dry enough? I can go turn on the heater.”

 

“I can get it.” Himchan laughed, pretending to run away from Misun. She smiled and shook her head at his antics. Himchan had a special power to make her laugh at any time, no matter the situation.

 

After checking the time on her phone, Misun went into the kitchen. It was nearly five, so it was still early. Himchan walked into the kitchen in a pair of clean, dry clothes and hopped up to sit on the counter. He kept spare clothes in the extra bedroom that Misun had in her apartment.

 

“Um, oppa.. Do you want to stay for a bit?” Misun asked while playing with the hem of her shirt. “I understand if you can’t. It is a Thursday after all and I don’t know if you are busy tomorrow or something..”

 

“Ah, you’re right, it is Thursday..” Himchan nodded, feeling a bit sad. He knew how she used to spend her Thursday nights. “I think I can stay for a bit. Yongguk can figure out something for dinner without me. Or maybe his girlfriend will make him something.” He wrinkled his nose.

 

“Are you jealous of her?” Misun asked, a grin on her face as she friend.

 

“No!” He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“But she’s getting so much attention from Yongguk-sshi..”

 

“Shut up. Let’s just order a pizza or something.” Himchan grumbled, hopping off of the counter. Misun giggled at his avoidant behavior before walking over to give him a hug.

 

“It’ll be okay, oppa. You still have me!” She smiled cutely up at him and Himchan felt his gruff facade crumble.

 

“Well at least there’s that.” He admitted, hugging her back with a smile.

 

The two of them stayed like that in comfortable silence until both of their stomachs growled loudly at the same time. Laughing, they pulled away from each other.

 

“Alright, so pizza?” Misun asked, picking up Himchan’s phone. They were comfortable enough with each other that they often used the other’s phone without asking. Suddenly the phone began ringing. “Oppa, you have a call..” Misun extended the phone to Himchan, but he was busy looking through pizza takeout brochures.

 

“Eh, just decline it.” He said, not even looking up. He was too hungry to care about what anyone else wanted. Misun looked at the caller ID and sighed.

 

“It’s Daehyun-sshi. He’s your friend, that’s not nice.” She said, frowning as she looked at him.

 

“Fine, then you answer it.” Himchan finally looked up with a challenging smirk, waiting to see what she would do.

 

“Fine, I will!” She pressed the green button with a huff and held the phone up to her ear.

 

“HYUUUUNNNNG!!!!!!!” The loud voice on the other end of the call practically screamed into the receiver, causing Misun to abruptly pull the phone away.

 

Himchan laughed loudly at her reaction. “See, this is why I don’t answer his calls.” He said, trying to catch his breath.

 

Misun sighed and held the phone a bit closer to her ear. “Hyung, where are you? We looked for you after we ate, but couldn’t find you.” Daehyun whined.

 

“U-um, this is Misun.” She said, quietly announcing her presence. “Himchan oppa walked me home, so that’s probably why you couldn’t find him.”

 

The other end was quiet for a moment. When Daehyun spoke again, it was considerably quieter. “I’m sorry for being so loud. My hyungs and Jae always tell me to calm down on the phone, but it’s harrrdd.. Can I talk to Himchan hyung really quick?

 

Misun felt more relaxed at Daehyun’s softer tone and smiled a little bit in relief. “Sure. One second.” She walked over to Himchan and pushed the phone into his hand. “Say words, you can do it.” Misun said, patting him on his head as he pouted at her. She gathered up the brochures Himchan was looking at and looked through them as he talked.

 

“I’m at Misun’s, what do you want, Dae?” He asked in an annoyed tone. He was getting so hungry, he felt like he was about to die. It was quiet for a few minutes as Daehyun spoke to Himchan. However, Himchan slowly perked up, excited by whatever the other boy was saying.  “Yeah, I think that would be great. I’ll send you the address. Yeah, her place is big enough for everyone.”

 

Misun stopped her browsing abruptly and her head snapped up to look at Himchan.  He finished his conversation and hung up before looking over to see Misun’s confused expression.

 

“Before you freak out, listen to what I have to say, okay?” Himchan said, holding his hands up. When Misun didn’t move or react at all, he continued. “The guys are going to bring the pizza and some drinks and stuff. I think you would benefit from a big distraction like that. We can play video games and talk, do each other’s hair and nails, whatever you want to do.” He finished with a small smile, hoping this would help her relax.

 

Misun sighed and shook her head. “Well it’s a little late to say no now, isn’t it?” She frowned at being put in this situation. Himchan knew very well that she was not a social person. Heck, sometimes she wasn’t even a whole person. But she trusted him. Maybe just this once he could be right…