Chapter 3

You

The doorbell rang and Misun tensed up. In the past forty five minutes since Himchan had finished his call, Misun had gotten changed into dry clothes, dried her hair, and cleaned up what little there was to clean in her apartment.  She felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up at Himchan. He was relaxed as he smiled at her.

 

“It’ll be fine. If you need to, you can take breaks in your room or the kitchen, okay?” He suggested. Misun nodded and sighed, trying her best to relax. “There you go.” He patted her shoulder before going to answer the door.

 

Misun hid in the kitchen while he left to go answer the door. She wasn’t scared of any of the boys; she had met some of them multiple times. But she was still uneasy. Had he invited all five of them? Would there suddenly be six boys in her house? Thoughts raced through Misun’s mind as a sudden clamor was  heard from the doorway. The boys seemed to be greeting each other cheerfully, which made Misun smile just a bit.

 

Himchan led the small parade of food and men into the kitchen. They set the food and drinks down on any empty counter space that they could find. It seemed like they had brought enough to feed twenty people. Misun recognized the black-haired Yongguk, blondish Daehyun, and brown-haired Youngjae, but there were two others she hadn’t met before. One with a lost expression on his face and hair that was light brown and the other was a tall boy with an adorable face. Noticing her confusion, Himchan came around behind the two of them and put a hand on each of their shoulders.

 

“Misunnie, these are our maknaes.” He said with a grin. “Jongup is older, even though he’s shorter. And this skyscraper here is Junhong.” He ruffled each of their hair and walked away quickly before they could protest.

 

“Yah, it’s Zelo, not Junhong!” The tall boy said, glaring at Himchan’s back as he smoothed out his dark brown hair. He turned back to look Misun and his lips turned into a giant smile. “Hi! It’s nice to finally meet you noona~” He and the Jongup waved and Misun waved back shyly. Himchan had told her about these two, of course, but she was still glad to finally meet them in person.

 

She glanced around while trying to figure out what to do next when she suddenly made eye contact with Daehyun. He seemed to be staring at her with concern, but when their eyes met, he looked away again. Before Misun had a chance to really think about it, Himchan interrupted her thoughts.

 

“Okay, let’s eat, I’m starving!” He said, handing out plates to everyone. Once they got a plate, it was every man for himself. Yongguk and Misun waited out the chaos together, laughing at the barbarians fighting over the pizzas.

 

“So, Himchannie oppa told me you have a girlfriend now..” Misun started, curious about how Yongguk would react to her knowing this information.

 

His face transformed at the mention of her. A wide but shy smile appeared and he looked down at the ground. “Yeah, I do.”

 

“Congratulations~” She shoulder bumped the older boy, making him laugh quietly. “Now do us all a favor and get oppa a girlfriend, too.” Misun whispered.

 

Yongguk was so surprised at what she said that he just couldn’t keep his next  laugh quiet. “I don’t know if that would be a favor or not..” He said, catching his breath.

 

“Eh, you’re probably right.. So, when do we get to meet her?” Misun asked, choosing her words carefully.

 

He looked at her with a mildly surprised look. “Oh.. uh….”

 

“I promise not to embarrass you in front of her. Pleaseeeee?” Misun begged, using her aegyo against him. Yongguk had to quickly look away before he lost his cool.

 

“Alright, I’ll think about it.” He told her, a small smile still playing around the corners of his mouth. Misun was satisfied with that answer for now and nodded happily.

 

“Misun, I saved these for you!” Daehyun walked over with two plates of pizza in his hands. He extended one to her with a small smile. “Hyung said these were your favorites so I fought everyone for them.”

 

Misun’s eyes widened as she took the plate from Daehyun. She was confused as to why he would go through all of the trouble just for some pizza, but she was still grateful at the same time. “O-oh.. Thank you Daehyun-ssi.” She said as she took the plate from him with a small bow. He smiled and nodded before picking up his own piece and beginning his eating marathon.

 

“NOONA YOU HAVE A PS4 AND AN XBOX ONE?!?! OMOOOOO” Zelo and Jongup had rushed back into the kitchen, pizza in one hand. They looked so excited that Misun couldn’t help but melt a little at their cuteness.

 

“Yeah, I do. And I have a ton of controllers as well. Would you guys like to play..?” She offered, unsure of if these boys played video games or not. Maybe they were the outdoor sporty types or something.

 

“Can we?!” Jongup asked, his eyes going wide.

 

“Sure, I’ll go set it up.” She told him with a smile. She carried her food with her and munched along the way as everyone followed her to the living room. Misun set her plate on the coffee table and went about setting the systems up as the boys rifled through her game collection. They eventually decided on a racing game since it would be easiest for multiple people to play. Once it was good to go, Misun let the boys at it as she sat on the armrest of her couch next to Himchan.

 

He leaned over and spoke low enough for only her to hear. “You’re doing a great job.”

 

“They’ve been here less than an hour oppa. We’ll see how it goes.” Misun replied just as quietly. She didn’t want to get her hopes up, but it seemed like tonight may be enjoyable after all. Especially as she watched Zelo do a victory dance when he beat Jongup and Yongguk in the first race.

 

As the night progressed, Misun did her best to relax and forget about other things. She eventually joined in the video games as well, beating everyone but Youngjae at the racing game.

 

“I want a rematch!” Daehyun said, standing up once a controller was free.

 

“Dae, you’ve had like five rematches already, calm down and accept your losses.” Youngjae said sassily with a smirk. Misun covered her smile with one hand, not wanting to make Daehyun feel bad.

 

“Also, it’s past one in the morning, guys. We should go and let Misun get some rest.” Himchan said, standing up and stretching. At his words, Misun felt a little sad. But at the same time, she was tired and could use a good night’s sleep, even though she probably wouldn’t get it.

 

Misun followed everyone as they went to the door and put on their shoes. She struggled with her words for a moment before figuring out what to say. “Um.. Thank you for coming over tonight.” She said quietly, a small smile on her face. Everyone looked up at her, a similar smile on their faces.

 

“Thank you for letting us come over.” Yongguk said as he spoke for the group.

 

“Noona~ This was so much fun!! Can we do this again next Thursday? Are you free every Thursday?” Zelo asked, bouncing on his feet.

 

At this, Misun’s smile slowly slid off of her face. “Well..” She looked down as she thought. Quickly, she came to a decision. “Yeah, I’m free.”

 

“YES! I wanna meet up every week!” Zelo came over and hugged Misun, surprising her greatly. She awkwardly brought one hand up and patted Zelo on the back before he finally let go.

 

“You’re more than welcome to come anytime. All of you are.” She said, making eye contact with each of them individually. As she looked at Daehyun, she noticed the same stare that he was giving her before.

 

“Alright, this is great, but I’m tired. Let’s go and let Misun get some sleep.” Himchan repeated, urging the boys to get moving. Everyone filed out and Daehyun was the last one out the door.

 

Before Misun closed the door, Daehyun looked back at her. “Are you going to be okay?” He asked in a low voice, a little unsure of what to do. He really didn’t think she should be left alone for the night.

 

Misun blinked at him for a few minutes before nodding. “I’ll be fine. I always am. But thank you for your concern, Daehyun-ssi.” She gave him the best smile she could conjure up at the moment and nodded with a small bow.

 

“Alright, if you say so...” He said a little solemnly. However, he quickly brightened up and gave her a toothy smile and waved. “Have a good night, Misun.” He turned and walked away while Misun closed the door. She leaned against it with a sigh. After a few moments she gathered herself up enough to make her way to her room, preparing herself for another long night.