Chapter 18

You

Misun went into the clubroom with Daehyun and Youngjae after the emotional scene in the hallway. She settled into her seat across from Fae and looked around. The boys took up chairs and sat down next to them.

 

“Yah, what are you doing? We have practicing to do!” A tall, dark-haired boy said, walking to where they were to stand over Daehyun menacingly. As the actor for Gaston, he took his role relatively seriously and wanted to practice at every chance he had.

 

“Hello, Jaebum-sunbaenim.” Misun greeted the older boy politely. He had been nice to her ever since she had joined in the club’s activities.

 

“Hey, Misun-ah.” He smiled at her gently. “Are you still working too hard?”

 

She blushed and nodded. “We have to get these done in time.”

 

Daehyun glanced between the older boy and Misun in confusion. How close were they? They seemed friendly enough, so they had to have some kind of history, right?

 

“Well don't overwork yourself like you did when we put on the ‘Peter Pan’ play. We need you around.” He winked at her and she just nodded. Daehyun felt a tightness in his chest as jealousy sunk in. He remembered her working hard during that time, but she never showed it. How come this guy knew about that? “Come on. We're going to work on the battle scene.” He grabbed Daehyun by his bicep and dragged him along.

 

“No.. Misun! Save me!” He reached out to her, but she just waved.

 

“Practice hard, oppa!”

 

Youngjae and Fae laughed at the boy's pouty expression until he was out of sight. “Ah, I should go practice the light schedule. Catch you two later!” Youngjae got up and left the girls, as well.

 

Two and a half hours later, most of the other club members had left. However, Misun and Fae were still hard at work.

 

“Fae unnie, how many more outfits do you have to finish?” Misun asked the girl across the table. They were both surrounded by fabric up to their ears. The play was two weeks away and they were feeling the time crunch.

 

“I have everything done except for Chip’s shirt!” She said with a satisfied smile. “How about you?”

 

“I just finished the last of the details on Beast’s jacket. Belle’s outfits are done and so is Gaston’s.” Misun stretched and sighed.

 

“Didn't you say you weren't sure if that white shirt would fit Daehyun-ssi the way you wanted it to?” Her friend reminded the girl.

 

At this her eyes grew wide. “You're right!” She looked around, grabbed the shirt and jacket and looked around again. “Wait, where is Daehyun oppa? I haven't seen him in so long.”

 

“He may still be practicing with Jaebum-ssi down the hall.” Fae offered. Misun nodded and set off to find the boy with the clothing in hand.

 

“I won't let you have her!” She heard Daehyun’s voice and stopped outside the classroom door. She waited, wanting to see how well he was doing. As she peeked in, she saw him shaking with rage. He must really be getting into this..? But the air around the two boys was way more tense than necessary.

 

“Misun is not yours!” Jaebum replied, his eyebrows knit together as he argued with the boy. Misun's eyes widened in shock as she looked between the two boys.

 

“Actually, she is. So I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking about her like that.”

 

Jaebum walked forward and got in his face. “Make me.” He swung his fist and hit Daehyun right across his cheek. Daehyun stumbled backward. He quickly retaliated, throwing his own fist into the fight. It connected with the other boy's face just before Misun pushed the two of them apart.

 

“What the heck is going on with you two?!” She looked between the two of them in surprise.

 

“Misun…” Daehyun was surprised to be interrupted by the very person they were arguing about.

 

“Misun-ah.. This idiot thinks you're his girlfriend.” Jaebum motioned to the boy in front of him in exasperation.

 

“I am.” Misun said, stepping in front of Daehyun.

 

Jaebum stared at her for a moment. “You've got to be kidding me.” He ran a hand through his hair. “I liked you first. I was nice to you when no one else would talk to you. I-”

 

“You weren't fast enough, sunbaenim.” She interrupted. “Don't think I didn't see how you would look at me. I knew you liked me. But Daehyun… He's been there for me a lot these past few months. And.. I love him.”

 

Daehyun thought his heart would stop as he heard her words. He walked forward and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He leveled his gaze at the dumbfounded boy in front of him. “You heard the lady. Now please leave.”

 

“This is so messed up.” Jaebum scoffed and turned, walking out and slamming the door behind him.

 

Misun sighed and turned around, “Oppa, you're bleeding!”

 

“What..?” He stared at her in confusion as she brought her hand up to his face.

 

“You have blood on your lip.” She traced his lower lip, concern clear in her eyes.

 

Daehyun blinked as things came together. “I must have bit my tongue when he punched me.” He brought his hand up, massaging the side of his face.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed in worry. “Ooh.. Poor oppa…” She leaned in and lightly kissed the cheek that was quickly turning red.

 

“Wow, it doesn't hurt anymore!” He smiled cheekily as she wiped the blood away with a tissue.

 

Misun rolled her eyes and smiled reluctantly. “Paboya.. What are you doing? Getting in fights like that-” Daehyun leaned in and kissed Misun on the lips to get her to stop talking.

 

“You came in just in time to keep me from beating him up too badly.” He grinned again. “Speaking of which, why did you come in?”

 

Misun blinked up at him as she thought. “Oh, right.” She looked down at the ground where she dropped the jacket and shirt when she rushed in. She walked over and picked up the discarded clothing, dusting it off as she walked back to Daehyun.

 

“Haven’t I already tried these on?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. He remembered being excited about the jacket like a month ago.

 

“Yes, but you’ve put on muscle recently and I’m concerned it may not fit anymore.” Misun told him as she stared at the cloth in her hands. Daehyun gave a satisfied smirk. So she had noticed, huh? Daehyun and Yongguk had been going to the gym together for a while now and it was finally paying off. “So if you want to go try these on and com- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

Daehyun had stripped his shirt off over his head and set it on the desk next to him. He looked at Misun in surprise. “I’m trying on the clothes..? Hand them over.” He held his hand out and tried not to laugh at the red hue her face had taken on.

 

She tried handing the shirt to him first, trying not to look at him directly. “H-here you go.”

 

Daehyun finally couldn’t hold it in anymore. He laughed and Misun finally looked at him. “It’s okay, Misun. I’m a guy, I’m allowed to do things like this.”

 

“But but you’re in public! Someone could come in at any time…” She finally held the shirt out, but he grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. “AHHH, OPPA NOW WHAT?!”

 

“Misun, calm down.” He held her close, rubbing her back gently. “No one’s going to come in. And even if they did, so what? I don’t have anything to hide from them. And I don’t have anything to hide from you.”

 

As she thought about this, Misun sighed and brought her arms up to hug him back. Just seeing his bare skin made her feel flustered. But as she relaxed against him she decided she liked the feeling of his warm skin against her’s.

 

“There you go.” Daehyun smiled and pulled away, winking at her when she looked up at him. He finally took the shirt and put it on, sliding his arms through the sleeves.

 

“You’re going to be the death of me, Jung Daehyun.” Misun sighed again, pushing her hair back with one hand. He laughed as he buttoned up the shirt. He then extended his hand for the jacket, which she dutifully handed over to him.

 

As he settled into the jacket, he looked at her expectantly. “Well? Is it okay?”

 

Misun put on her business face and walked around him, tugging at the hems and running her hands along his back to smooth out some creases. Even through the two layers of fabric, she could feel his muscles and she tried not to blush. “I think it’ll be okay. Just don’t add any more muscle, okay?” She told him as she came around to the front of him again and gave him a pouty face. “I don’t want to have to remake the whole jacket.”

 

“Aw, okay..” He grinned at her, knowing how his new changes were affecting her. He then shrugged out of the jacket and began ing the shirt. Misun looked away after he gave her back both items of clothing, making the boy laugh again. “Aish, you’re so shy~”

 

“Well what do you expect?” She looked up, a little annoyed that he kept making fun of her. “I’ve never had a boyfriend before. I don’t know how to handle these kinds of things!”

 

Daehyun pulled his shirt over his head and regarded her for a moment before nodding. “You’re right, I’m sorry, Misunnie. Will you forgive me for teasing you?” He showed his best puppy dog eyes and she couldn’t refuse him.

 

“I guess…”

 

“Yaaay~” He pulled her into a hug, which she returned with a reluctant smile. “Now how about we head home? It’s been a long day.”

 

She nodded in complete agreement. “I just have to put these back in the clubroom, then we can go.”

 

They walked back to the room hand in hand, but stopped right in the doorway. They were surprised by the sight before them. Himchan was sitting next to Fae. Just as he was leaning in to kiss her, he noticed the other two. “Daehyun! Misun! Hey! H-how’s it going?” He tried to play it cool, but they could tell by how red Fae’s face was that they had interrupted something very important.

 

“Hey oppa. What are you doing here?” Misun asked almost rhetorically as she walked over to the closet to hang Daehyun’s outfit.

 

“I was just looking for you guys.” He lied as Fae began to clean up the last of her scraps of fabric. She glanced at Himchan and he smiled at her. “Ah, wait,” He said in a low voice to her. He reached out and pulled some thread off that had somehow gotten into her hair. She stared at him and completely forgot the other two in the room. They had a silent conversation with their eyes as Himchan leaned in again. He pressed his lips against Fae’s and she froze. He slowly pulled away and smiled at her again.

 

Misun and Daehyun just stood together, watching the scene unfold. They knew Himchan liked Fae, but they didn’t think he was that serious about it.

 

“I don’t want to go on without you anymore. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?” He asked, acting confident while his stomach was a bundle of nervousness.

 

“Eh? Um...” Fae blinked and her cheeks turned bright pink. But she nodded and Himchan broke out into a bright smile.

 

“AAAHHHH HYUNG!!!!!” Daehyun was suddenly screaming next to Misun as he jumped up and down.

 

“Oppa! Unnie!!” Misun was beside herself, her hands covering in surprise.

 

The two looked around, embarrassed at having such a scene in public. “What are you two still doing here?” Himchan asked as he tried not to smile at them.

 

Misun ran over and hugged him. “I’m so proud of you oppa~” She said, looking up with a smile at the older boy. He hugged her back with one arm before pushing her a little bit.

 

“Yes, yes, thank you. Now please get out before I die of embarrassment.” He said, looking away. Fae had both of her hands covering her face as she replayed his confession in her mind.

 

“Come on, Misun, let’s give them some alone time.” Daehyun extended his hand to her as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at his hyung. Himchan glared at the boy but didn’t say anything.

 

“Okay, okay.” She walked over, picked up her backpack, and followed him to the door. “Bye you two~ See you later.” She waved and they waved in return before turning back to talk to each other.

 

As Daehyun and Misun walked out into the cold air, they held hands and continued to chuckle about their friends’ cute actions. “Aish, that guy… Fae-ssi will have her work cut out for her.” Daehyun said with a chuckle.

 

Misun nodded in agreement before a thought came to her. “Speaking of crushes,” She looked up at Daehyun with narrowed eyes. “Are you going to fight Jaebum-ssi again?”

 

He glanced down at her with frown. “No, I’m going to do my best not to. But if he keeps talking about you like he was, I may have to knock some sense into him.”

 

She tilted her head to the side. “Like what?”

 

Daehyun blinked in surprise. “Oh, uh, it’s.. something I’d rather not say out loud.” Misun’s eyebrows furrowed at this and she continued to look up at him. Finally, he sighed. “He basically said stuff like how good you would look in his bed and how seductive you were.” Daehyun answered as vaguely as he could.

 

“What?!” She was shocked. She didn’t think that her sunbae thought of her like that. “I thought he just had a crush on me…”

 

“Oh, he does.” Daehyun assured her as they turned down her street. “But he doesn’t particularly want to stop at just the crush level.” He scowled at the pavement in front of him.

 

They remained quiet as they both got lost in their thoughts. Before they knew it, they were in front of Misun’s door. She looked up at him, seeing his concern clearly on his face. “Thank you for defending me, oppa.” She smiled and stood on her tiptoes to give him a kiss.

 

Before she could go back to being flat on her feet, Daehyun wrapped his arms around her waist. He held her close against his body and kissed her back. She wrapped her own arms around his neck, feeling safe right where she was. They eventually pulled away from each other and smiled. “Anything for you, Misunnie.” His eyes glanced down and he spotted his necklace hanging around her neck and he felt pride surge through him. “That necklace looks good on you, by the way.” He winked and she rolled her eyes.

 

“Thanks, my boyfriend got it for me.” She told him as she let go and returned her heels to the ground.

 

“Well he has excellent taste.” Daehyun smirked as he brought both hands up to hold Misun’s face. “I’ll text you later, okay?”

 

“Okay! But make sure to do your homework and stuff, too.” Misun reminded him. He made a face and she laughed. “It’s cold, you better get back home and warm up, okay?” She hugged him one more time before pulling away.

 

Daehyun pouted. “I don’t wanna go.”

 

She laughed and patted his cheek. “Go before I have to walk you home.” He smiled at this.

 

“Fine.” He leaned in and kissed her. Then Daehyun hugged her tightly. “I love you.” He whispered into her ear.

 

At this, Misun held Daehyun tighter. “I… I love you, too.” She admitted, blushing as he squeezed her even tighter. “Ah, oppa.. Can’t breathe..”

 

Daehyun laughed and pulled away. He smiled and kissed her on her forehead. “I’ll see you soon~” He finally stepped back and Misun nodded. They waved goodbye and went their separate ways for the night, but both actually just wanted to be in the other’s arms again.

★☆★☆★☆

Shirtless Dae is a rare creature.

Thank you, Youngjae for giving us this precious sight.

I hope you liked the chapter ><"

Next few chapters you're gonna be all like:
 hopefully. >>'