Chapter 25 (Final)

You

It was New Year's Eve and Misun was hanging out with Youngjae and Daehyun in their apartment, watching them play video games. The university was on winter break for the next few weeks and the play had ended spectacularly, so the group of friends had much more free time than they were used to. The whole group was going to meet up in this apartment to welcome the new year that evening, but Misun had come over early to spend some quality time with the boys. She was curled up on the couch next to Daehyun and enjoying hearing him yell at Youngjae every few seconds.

 

She involuntarily shivered despite her many layers on and huddled closer to Daehyun. "Are you cold? You can go into my room and grab a sweater if you want." He offered as they waited for the game to load the next chapter.

 

"Okay, thanks." Misun smiled and kissed his cheek before getting up and walking down the hall to Daehyun's room. It was a mess; clothes thrown around, textbooks and snacks sitting on his desk. Misun shook her head and chuckled at the chaos while she shuffled through the debris to his closet. She quickly found her favorite grey hoodie and pulled it out.

 

Just as she pulled it over her head, something caught her eye. She finished putting the hoodie on before making her way over to Daehyun's bookcase. There was a black spiral-bound notebook that looked oddly familiar sitting on one of the shelves. Slowly she picked it up and looked at the water-damaged cover. Sure enough, her name was written in her handwriting on the top right corner. She opened the book and flipped through the stiff pages, recognizing her initial drawings for the play's costumes and her own sketches. This was the book that she had been showing him that day that Sooyeon had knocked it into the mud.

 

"Misunnie, did you find something warm? Sorry my room is such a mess…" Daehyun apologized as he came in, walking through the clutter to get to her. Her back was to him so he wrapped his arms around her waist and looked over her shoulder before freezing. "O-oh… so you found that, huh?"

 

Misun turned around and Daehyun let go a little reluctantly. "Why do you have this?" She asked, not looking up at him, but still at the crinkly muddy pages in her hands.

 

He shrugged, a light blush covering his cheeks. "I picked it up that day and thought that one day you might want it back. But you never asked about it, so I just held onto it. Also… It was my only way to learn more about you at that time. Himchan hyung isn't one to talk about other people freely, so I couldn't really ask him about you. I had wanted to be close to you for so long that I just took whatever I could get." He admitted, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. Now that he looked back on it, it was probably kind of a weird thing to do.

 

Misun finally looked up at him and he was surprised by the amount of pure emotion in her eyes. "Really..?"

 

Daehyun gave her a soft smile and nodded, taking the book from her hands and setting it back on the shelf before pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist and clung to the back of his shirt tightly. She couldn't believe that he had cared that much about her even back then. They were barely even acquaintances, but he still kept something so personal. She sniffed, trying not to cry as she was overwhelmed by all of the feelings going through her heart. Daehyun stayed oddly quiet, swaying gently from side to side until Misun had composed herself once again.

 

She pulled away from him and looked up at her boyfriend's adorable face. "Thank you." She told him while biting her lip to keep herself in check.

 

Daehyun chuckled and wiped the few tears that had escaped from her eyes off of her cheeks with his thumbs. "No, thank you. Thank you for accepting my heart and loving me for who I am. Even if it did take forever for you to finally realize that I liked you." He teased, lightening the mood considerably.

 

She chuckled and hit his chest lightly. "It did not take forever… Just.. probably longer than it should have."

 

"Probably." He agreed with a grin. Then the smile slid off of his face and he was serious again. "I love you."

 

Misun met his gaze and she felt herself tearing up again. She blinked quickly and smiled at him. "I love you, too." She stood up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his. Daehyun kissed her back passionately, surprising her a little. But she reciprocated with equal force before they heard Youngjae's loud voice interrupting them.

 

"Daehyun!!! Are you coming back or what?!" His voice carried easily down the hall from his place in the living room.

 

The two pulled away and laughed. "Come on, let's get you back to killing monsters or whatever those are." Misun said, taking Daehyun's hand in her's.

 

"They're magical monsters, thank you very much." He retorted with a grin. He held her hand tightly, knowing he was never going to let go of it.

 

******

 

The apartment was loud. And chaotic. All of the boys, plus Sera, Fae, and Misun were there, having to sit on each other in order for everyone to have space. Yongguk and Sera were off in one corner talking to each other while she sat on his lap. Fae and Misun were sitting with Himchan and Daehyun respectively, watching Zelo and Jongup have the dance battle of the century.

 

Misun had never laughed so much in her life. Himchan often glanced over to see her clapping like a seal with Daehyun whenever Zelo did something funny or when Jongup made his weird, out-of-nowhere remarks, or when Youngjae had something witty to say like the sassmaster he is.

 

After calming down for a moment, Misun looked at Daehyun. "I'm going to go get a drink, do you want anything?"

 

"Just you." He said with a cheesy grin, making Misun blush and push him away as she stood up

 

"I'll come with you." Himchan said, following Misun to the kitchen. It was significantly quieter there. The two long-time friends looked at each other and smiled.

 

"You and Fae unnie seem to be doing well together." Misun remarked as she raided Daehyun's fridge.

 

"Same for you and Dae." Himchan's smile could not leave his face as he watched the blush return to his friend's cheeks. "I can tell he really loves you a lot."

 

She nodded and opened a bottle of water. "I love him a lot, too. I'm glad he found me."

 

Himchan walked to her and pulled her into a hug, which Misun easily returned. He had gotten busy with work and she had missed seeing him. "Hey, I found you first." He teased.

 

"That's true." Misun admitted with a laugh.

 

"Earlier, I was thinking about how far you've come from when I first found you." Himchan remarked as he let go to hold her by her shoulders. "You went from being scared and not talking to anyone to finally finding all of us who love you so much. I'm so proud of you Misunnie."

 

"Oppa…" She looked up at him, surprised by this sudden statement.

 

"Hey, are you trying to make my girlfriend cry?" Daehyun asked loudly as he entered the kitchen.

 

Himchan looked up and let his hands drop from Misun's shoulders. "Maybe I am, what are you gonna do about it?" He taunted with a smirk.

 

Daehyun walked over and wrapped his arms around Misun protectively, holding her close against his chest. "I will fight you."

 

"There's no need for that, oppa~" Misun laughed, leaning in to kiss Daehyun on his cheek. "We were just talking about the past."

 

"Oh, okay." He smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. "Anyway, it's almost midnight, are you ready to start counting down to the new year?" She nodded and held his hand as he led Himchan and Misun back into the living room.

 

Everyone was sitting together and Youngjae had a countdown set up on his phone. Misun sat on Daehyun's lap, feeling butterflies in her stomach.

 

"Alright, here we go guys!" Youngjae said, showing everyone the timer.

 

Everyone counted loudly together. "5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" Misun smiled and immediately turned to look at Daehyun. He captured her lips with his, kissing her until they both ran out of breath. There was cheering and noise makers going off all around them, but nothing mattered at that moment. It was just Daehyun and her.

 

Misun pulled away first, her lips as Daehyun smiled at her. "Happy new year. I love you Daehyun." She said, blushing heavily.

 

"I love you, too, baby. Here's to a whole year together. And many more." He leaned in and kissed her again, both of them smiling at the prospect of being together, loving each other, for the rest of their lives.

 

★☆★☆★☆~The End~★☆★☆★☆

 

I'm feeling so many things right now, you guys....

Like I'm excited to complete the story.... It was a lot of work and stuff..

 

Hopefully you weren't too disappointed with the ending??

 

Thank you for reading! The next chapter is my notes. I suggest you check it out, but you don't have to. ;)