Chapter 10

You

Misun set down the duffle bag full of fabrics and things on a desk in the club room with a huff. She was lost in thought and didn’t hear the footsteps approaching until it was too late.

 

“MISUN-AHHHHHHH” Daehyun practically yelled in the poor girl’s ear as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

 

Misun let out a yelp which turned into a laugh as she realized that she wasn’t actually in any danger. “Good afternoon Daehyun-ssi.”

 

“I’m here, too!” Youngjae exclaimed, joining in the hug and earning another shy chuckle from Misun.

 

“Good afternoon to you, too, Youngjae-ssi.” She told him as they let go and took a step back so that Misun could breathe. As she looked around, she noticed many of the other students staring at them.

 

“What will you be doing during club today?” Daehyun asked, bringing her attention back to him.

 

Misun smiled shyly and took out her new sketchbook, flipping it open to the first page. She turned it and showed the drawings of the costumes to the boys. “Today I get to start sewing.”

 

“Waaah~” Youngjae practically grabbed the book out of her hands. “These are good! Where’s Daehyunnie’s?”

 

“On the next page. Beast and Belle both have two outfits, so they get their own pages.” Misun explained, sounding all business-like.

 

Youngjae flipped the page and saw the designs for Daehyun’s costume, showing it to his friend. “Dude, you’re going to look so cool.” Daehyun nodded and looked up from the book to Misun with a smile.

 

“Which reminds me,” Misun said as she took the book back from Youngjae. “Daehyun-ssi, I still need to get your measurements so I know what size to make your costume.”

 

“Oh, right! When should we do that..?” Daehyun asked.

 

“Are you free right now?” Misun asked in return. Daehyun nodded so she reached into her bag and grabbed her measuring tape. “Let’s go out into the hall where there’s less people.” The clubroom had become full while the three of them talked so now there wasn’t much room.

 

“Lead the way.” Daehyun said with a bow, making Misun smile a little bit. She was feeling more comfortable around both him and Youngjae. It was becoming easier to be herself, which made her worried. What if they didn’t like the real her?

 

Out in the hallway, Youngjae offered to write down the numbers while Misun measured Daehyun. The girl was all business as she wrapped the tape around Daehyun’s body like a pro. He couldn’t help but admire her while she did this. She was so close that he could see the light freckles on her face.

 

Sooyeon and her friend were walking up to them as the two arrived to the club late. Daehyun saw her first and made direct eye contact with her. He raised an eyebrow, challenging her to try something right now. Youngjae noticed the girls as well and mimicked Daehyun’s glare. With a huff, Sooyeon turned and walked into the clubroom without saying a single word.

 

“Hmm? Daehyun-ssi, are you okay?” Misun looked up from her tape around his waist with concern. “Are you feeling ill?”

 

His heart fluttered at hearing how concerned she was, even though there was nothing to worry about. “Ah, no, um… I’m fine!” Daehyun said a little unconvincingly, making Youngjae laugh at his best friend. When Misun still looked worried, he put a hand on her shoulder. “Really, I’m fine, Misun-ah. Did you get all of the measurements you needed?”

 

“Uh yeah, I think so!” She took the paper from Youngjae and looked down the list. “Yep, this is everything, now I can really get started. Thank you.” She gave them both a genuine smile, which they returned enthusiastically.

 

The three went back inside and stood next to the fabric bag while the club president began handing out scripts. When Daehyun received his, Youngjae looked over his shoulder while he read it.

 

“Do you want to see, too, Misun?” Daehyun offered, tilting the script so that she could see too.

 

“Is it okay?” She wondered as she peered at the book in his hand.

 

“He wouldn’t offer if it wasn’t okay.” Youngjae said with a roll of his eyes. “You gotta stop asking for permission with Daehyun. Just do what you want with him. That’s what I do.”

 

“Yah! You punk…” Daehyun looked up from the script and shoved Youngjae with his shoulder as the younger boy laughed.

 

Misun watched the two boys with a smile on her face. She enjoyed seeing them joke and play around with each other. She decided to take a brave step. “Alright, if Youngjae-ssi says it’s okay..” She linked her left arm with Daehyun’s right and pulled him closer so that she could see the script more clearly.

 

Daehyun’s heart nearly stopped as Misun pulled him closer. His expression caused Youngjae to have to double over from his giggle fit. Misun’s cheeks were red from embarrassment, but she still held on as she flipped the pages with her other hand.

 

“Oh, this is where you’re going to have a costume change.” She said, pointing out a part in the storyline. At this, she completely forgot her nervousness and continued scanning the script. “This is where Belle is going to have to change. And we should probably have some extra effects when you change from the Beast into the prince...”

 

“Alright, everyone. You have your scripts so you need to start practicing.” The club president looked around as he addressed the group. “It’ll benefit you to practice with the people you have to interact with on stage. Our performance is in two months, so we need to really get moving on this.”

 

The students mumbled to each other as they began to find partners to practice with. Sooyeon came over to where Daehyun was standing and smiled. “Oppa, let’s work hard together!”

 

“Uh, yeah. Let’s do our best.” He said, obviously uncomfortable. Misun and Youngjae both patted him on the arm in consolation. It was going to be a long two months for the poor boy. Sooyeon grabbed Daehyun by the arm and practically dragged him off to a corner of the room to start rehearsing.

 

“I’m going to get started on these.” Misun picked up her bag, looking forward to starting this project.

 

“Misun-ssi, I have someone here to help you.” The club president came over, escorting a short girl with green eyes surrounded by square glasses and black hair that had pink tips. She had on a giant hoodie and seemed like she was drowning in it. However, she waved enthusiastically.

 

“Hello, my name is Fae. It’s a pleasure to meet you and I hope I can be of some help.” She said, bowing deeply. As she straightened up she pushed her glasses back up and smiled.

 

Misun regarded the other girl for a moment. “Do you know how to sew?” She nodded and Misun nodded in reply. “Alright then, let’s go.”

 

“Can I come? I’m bored.” Youngjae asked as he already began following Misun and Fae to the sewing machines at the back of the room.

 

“You don’t have anything to do for a few weeks, right?” Misun questioned. She set the bag down and began pulling out her sketches and her papers with everyone’s measurements. “Why did you come today?”

 

“Because you and Daehyunnie were going to be here.” Youngjae answered simply. He turned a chair around and sat in it backwards, watching the two girls as they began to get to work. Misun looked at him in surprise, but decided not to reply to him yet. A decent reply would take some time.

 

“Fae-ssi,” Misun called out for the girl.

 

“Yes?!” She dropped all of the papers she was holding as she looked up from the sketches. Everything fell to the floor and she looked horrified. “I’m sorry! I’ll pick them up right away!”

 

Misun looked at her weirdly. “They’re just paper, it’s okay…” She helped Fae pick up the twenty or so papers from the floor and began what she was going to say earlier. “I’m going to be in charge of Belle’s, Gaston’s, and Beast’s outfits. I want you to do the minor characters. Is that alright with you?”

 

“Sure. I can do it.” She gave Misun a thumbs up and smiled.

 

Misun nodded and handed over all of the fabric that Fae would need. She then got to work, laying out the blue material and starting on Beast’s jacket. In her mind, she was still replaying Youngjae’s comment. Why was he looking forward to both Daehyun and her being in club? She wanted to believe it was because he wanted to be her friend. But what if she’s wrong? Questions and doubts circled around with no answer in sight.

★☆★☆★☆
 
A/N: Minna-san, konnichiwa~
How was the chapter? DaeJae hugging on Misun was cute, right?
Also,
AJDKSAFLD;A HAVE YOU SEEN THE TEASERS FOR 'BLUE'?!?!?!?! I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW OMG

ESPECIALLY THIS KID. FREAKING BIAS RUINER, I SWEAR...