Chapter 16

You

After ditching her coat and shoes at the door, Misun plopped down on the couch in Daehyun and Youngjae’s shared apartment with a sigh.

 

“You worked hard today.” Daehyun said with a grin as he looked down at the girl.

 

She smiled back. “Anything for you, Daehyunnie oppa. I hope she likes it.” Misun closed her eyes. She couldn't help but feel a pang in her chest as they talked about Daehyun’s crush. She used to think it was her, but now she knew that wasn't the case.

 

“Oh, I think she will.” Daehyun said. There was a light rustling noise behind her and suddenly something was being placed around her neck. She looked down as she felt the cold metal against her skin. Daehyun finished closing the clasp and his hands went to Misun’s shoulders. “Well? Do you like it?”

 

For a few moments Misun was speechless. Her eyes began to sting and for the first time in years a tear fell from her eye. “Really… Are you.. are you sure?”

 

Daehyun came around to sit on the couch beside her. He was alarmed by the tears trickling down her cheeks. He brushed us thumbs across her cheeks and smiled. “Absolutely sure.” Daehyun pulled her all of the way onto his lap and hugged Misun tightly.

 

For a few moments Misun wasn't able to respond. She didn't want to cry in front of Daehyun, but the tears wouldn't stop.

 

“It's okay. Go ahead and cry if you need to, Misunnie.” Daehyun murmured quietly against her hair and that was all she needed to let go. Misun moved her arms to wrap around Daehyun’s neck as she buried her face into him. Despite Misun’s long sobs, Daehyun stayed calm and rocked from side to side, whispering encouraging words.

 

Once Misun finally calmed down, Daehyun pulled away a little to make sure she was okay. She sniffed and wiped her eyes with a tissue. “Are you really, really sure? I mean, you can always change your mind-”

 

“Oh for goodness’ sake.” He rolled his eyes with a grin and leaned in, pressing his lips against hers. He pulled away, a smile still on his face. “Yes, I’m sure. If you’ll accept my heart, I promise you that I will stay with you forever. I really, really like you Misun. From the moment I saw you when you first joined the theater club, I liked you. But I never had a good enough excuse to come talk to you.” He caressed her cheek, staring deep into her eyes. “I promise I won’t change my mind.”

 

She looked at him with a mix of hope and skepticism. “ ‘Promise’ is a big word, oppa.”

 

“You’ll just have to trust me, Misun-ah. You do trust me, right?” He tilted his head to the side.

 

She regarded him for a moment as she thought about how badly she wanted to follow Sera’s advice. She did want to be healed. But that required trust. Finally she nodded. “I do trust you Daehyun oppa. And I do accept you; all that you are has become very precious to me.”

 

Relief flooded Daehyun’s mind and he laughed as his anxiety was lifted. “Thank goodness. I was so scared.” He laughed again and this time Misun joined in. As the laughter died down, Daehyun glanced at Misun’s lips briefly and she smiled. Leaning in, she kissed Daehyun on his full lips, her arms around his neck. His arms went around her back, pulling her closer as their lips moved against each other. Things became serious as Daehyun her bottom lip, asking for entrance into . After a second of contemplation, Misun parted her lips and her tongue met with Daehyun’s. They continued to kiss until they both ran out of breath, panting as they stared at each other.

 

“So, how about lunch?” Daehyun asked, a cheeky smile appearing on his lips. Misun laughed and nodded, getting off of his lap to stand up.

 

As he stood up and made his way to the kitchen, something came to Misun and she stopped following him. “Wait. Was today a date?”

 

He looked back at her and winked. “Maybe~”

 

She stared after him in surprise. “Yah! Jung Daehyun, that was my first date! And my first kiss!”

 

“And it was good, right?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively with a smirk on his face.

 

“It.. I .. You… Yeah..?” She was at a loss for words as she finished following him into the kitchen, her lips still tingling from the interaction.

★☆★☆★☆

 

Heyyy again

This story has 20 subscribers now! ;~;/ Thank you all so much.. <3

 

So what did you guys think? Daebutt did a good job, huh? I think he's very proud of himself... >>"