Chapter 22

You

“Alright, everyone gather around!!” The club president called everyone over. It was about five in the afternoon on Friday, the first day of the play. The play would start in two hours. However, now that everyone had finally arrived, the president wanted to make a little speech. “Okay, so I don’t have to tell you guys how important tonight is. I need you guys to perform the best that you can. If you have any problems with your costumes or makeup, see either Misun-ssi or Fae-ssi.” He waved a hand toward the two who were standing with the lighting and stage crew, apart from the actors. They waved at everyone before the president continued. “I’m not trying to pressure you guys, but please, this is probably the last play I’ll be in charge of since I am graduating next year. So I need this to go well. Anyway, I’ll call for everyone’s attention again soon. Dismissed.”

 

The group in front of the president broke up as the members moved to different areas of the club room. Daehyun walked over to Misun, a nervous smile on his face. He was being unusually quiet, making the girl look at him questioningly.

 

“Daehyunnie oppa, it’ll be okay. You’ll do great, you know your lines forward and backward. You can totally do this.” She smiled up at him and Daehyun could immediately feel himself relax.

 

As he opened his mouth to reply, someone else called for Misun’s attention. “I want you to start getting these outfits on people, Misun-ssi, Fae-ssi!” The club president called out from the other side of the room.

 

Misun looked at her friend and they both took a deep breath. Time to get to work. “I’ll see you later, oppa.” She leaned in and kissed his lips quickly before grabbing a makeup box and some clothes and walking over to a group of actors.

 

For about an hour, Daehyun watched her scurry around the room. But when Jaebum approached her to get his costume, Daehyun decided he had had enough. He walked up behind Misun after she handed off the clothes to that boy without a word of acknowledgement. “Misun, I-”
 

“Misun, can you come help me with this, please?” Fae asked, holding some fabric on a confused looking freshman. Without hearing him, Misun went to go help. Youngjae laughed out loud at his friend’s distress, oddly enjoying the annoyed look on his face. Daehyun turned and glared at the younger boy before trying again.

 

This time he touched Misun on the shoulder. She turned and looked up at him as she was also tying a bow on a dress. “Misun, I want to-”

 

“Dae, I’m sorry, I have to finish this. Can you please put on your first outfit for me so that I can get your make up started soon?” She nodded to the pile of clothes on the desk with his name on it and Daehyun just stood there in shock. He couldn’t even register that she had called him such a cute nickname.

 

With a groan, he grabbed his first outfit and left, going to the closest bathroom to change. When he came back, she was doing Jaebum’s make up and the air between them was definitely awkward. However, Misun was doing her best to remain professional. The second she was done with Jaebum, Daehyun came over, grabbed her by the arm, and pulled her out into the hall.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing?! We don’t have time for this kind of-” Daehyun cut Misun’s tirade off with a kiss. She hesitated for a moment before kissing him back. When he finally pulled away, they were both panting in an effort to catch their breath.

 

Daehyun smiled at her, proud of himself for finally capturing her undivided attention. “Finally got you alone.”

 

She rolled her eyes at him. “Daehyun oppa, we need to focus right now.”

 

“But I miss youuuuuu” He whined, putting on his most adorable face in an attempt to change her mind.

 

Misun smiled at her boyfriend being adorable and reached up to squish his cheeks. “We have less than an hour until the play starts. We can be together as much as you want after that. I might even let you sleep over if you perform really well.” Daehyun’s face lit up at this. He hadn’t spent the night with Misun since last Thursday and he just didn’t sleep as well without her in his arms.

 

He leaned in and pecked her on the lips again. “Deal.”

 

“Misun-ah, excuse me, but I need to discuss something with you.” Fae was standing close to them with Youngjae and Sooyeon behind her.

 

Misun turned around and tilted her head. “Go ahead, what’s up?” As she looked over Sooyeon and she became concerned. She seemed even more pale than she had last week. It also looked like she had lost more weight, like she could pass out at any moment, and like she wasn’t sleeping very well. But the most noticeable thing to Misun was the dress.

 

Fae sighed. “Sooyeon-ssi’s dress doesn’t fit right anymore.”

 

“I can see that.” The younger girl walked over and held her ex-friend by the shoulders. “What the hell is going on with you?”

 

Youngjae grabbed one of Misun’s hands. “Hey, chill, maybe she has a good reason.”

 

To Misun’s horror, tears began to spill out of Sooyeon’s eyes. “I.. I just… I’m just not okay lately. I don’t.. Don’t know why..” Her shoulders shook and she buried her face in her hands as the other four people looked on, unsure of what to do.

 

Youngjae felt so bad for her that without thinking, he reached out and awkwardly put one arm around the crying girl’s shoulders. She turned into him and grabbed him around the waist, sobbing into his shoulder. Youngjae looked up at the others in shock. Daehyun watched in amusement as his friend floundered for what to say. The younger boy eventually just put his arms around her and hugged her back.

 

Misun took a deep breath and made up her mind about something. “Sooyeon.” At first the girl didn’t seem to hear her, so she said it a little louder. “Sooyeon, listen to me!” Sooyeon jumped but looked at the younger girl for her to continue. “I forgive you. It’s really hard for me to say. And part of me wonders if I’m just saying it so that you’ll stop crying. But honestly, I’m over what happened between us. How about sometime before the next play tomorrow you and I get together and talk it all out?”

 

Everyone just stared at Misun in amazement and she began to feel really self conscious about what she had just said. Daehyun stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He was beyond proud of her for being so strong.

 

“R-really..?” Sooyeon couldn’t believe her ears. She never in a million years thought that Misun would forgive her.

 

Misun nodded. “But for now, I need you to pull yourself together so we can get your makeup done and get on with this play. Can you do that?”

 

Sooyeon pulled away from Youngjae and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “I’m fine. Let’s do it.” She turned and walked back into the clubroom. Fae followed her but not before giving Misun an ‘are you sure’ look.

 

“Come on, guys, we’ve been distracted long enough.” Misun grabbed both Youngjae’s and Daehyun’s hands and pulled them along behind her so that they could all finally finish getting ready.

 

*****

 

“MISUN-SSI!! FAE-SSI!!” Suddenly there was screaming as people started coming into the room right next to the auditorium. Fae and Misun had set up their dressing room there with all of the supplies they would need throughout the play. Everything had been going smoothly and the two were just waiting for everyone to come back during the intermission. Until now.

 

The club president was the first to stop next to the two startled girls. As he caught his breath, the two looked back at the door just in time to see Daehyun walk in with Sooyeon unconscious in his arms.
★☆★☆★☆

heyyyyyyyyyyy~ :D

Are you all like 

or

 

Well, whatever you feel, I hope you liked the chapter. I have the next one almost done, so I should have it up before the end of the week! <3

 

 

Also... this Makestar photoshoot literally killed me.