Light and Sound

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

The weirdest thing about being out of her home was that she no longer blended in with the wallpaper. Somin was more than used to being surrounded by boys, so at least in that area she wasn't a disgusting blushing mess. Just the thought of herself acting like that was enough to make Somin want to gag.

No, these boys were kind. They said good morning to her, passed her food at the table, and had conversation with her. Something Somin hadn't experienced in years, even if some of the boys could get a bit...flirty.

"Babe, I've heard that sometimes you can make a Bond happen faster by kissing," Johnny cooed to Somin as he sidled up against her. His broad frame blocked her vision, one of Johnny's large hands reaching out to cup her jaw as he grinned at her. "What about it? Should we try? If we Bond, we'd get to do all sorts of things, you know."

Staring at him with slightly agape, Somin merely pushed him, sending him tumbling off the couch. On the floor, Johnny made an over exaggerated noise of pain. "You've made me break my arm, Somin! Look what you've done to me! What's happening to us? We were so good together!"

"What's his problem?" Mark asked as he came in, sitting down comfortably next to Somin. Reaching out, he nudged Johnny with his foot. The elder of the two wolves lifted his head and shot Mark an annoyed look. Standing up, Johnny blew a kiss at Somin. "Later, then."

"Johnny's not at all genuine with his flirting, is he?" Somin asked.

Mark shook his head. "Not at all. Oh, but hey, I was wondering if you'd want to transfer schools and just...go to school with me? There's only one week of summer break left, anyway. I mean, it's the middle of the year, but at least transferring after a break isn't as hard."

Somin paused as she cocked her head to one side. "I probably should, huh? If my family's even looking for me, my school would be an easy place to start. Especially since one of the pack members goes to school with me."

"Right. And if your parents do figure out you're at this school, somehow, I'll be there to protect you." There was a smile on Mark's face, and it made Somin smile back. Mark had an odd sort of charm about him. They were the same age, and while Mark was actually quite mature for how old he was, it was his looks that threw Somin off more than anything. He was quite tall, and still growing, but his facial features hadn't quite caught up yet. So for him to go from cute to an older sort of attractiveness happened quite often, and this was one of them. Talking about protecting Somin with such an open, innocent expression.

It was sweet that he wanted to protect her.

Suddenly though, Somin felt a sudden tug in her mind. She could sense worry, but it didn't belong to her. No...it belonged to Yuta. Frowning, Somin stood up, ignoring Mark's concerned voice asking her what was wrong.

Taeil had told Somin about this. Wolves had a deeper sense of a Bond than their mate. When a wolf Bonded to a human, it was possible for the human to have no feelings for the wolf whatsoever. But since Somin came from a family of wolv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter