The Return

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is short and I'm sorry but the segway into the next part didn't feel natural being in the same chapter so here we are

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

The idea of returning to Seoul was brought up after a month. Somin spoke up about her fears that the Im pack had found their house and broken in, and from there learned what school Mark and Somin went to, as well as the universities the wolves attended.

Taeyong was able to comfort her by showing her a live feed of all the entrances of their house. He had security cameras, and his phone alerted him whenever there was movement by any entrance. It had partially been for intruders, but was also used for times someone may have forgotten keys; Taeil or Taeyong's phone would alert them to the movement at an entrance, and they could choose to open the door, ignore it, or call the authorities if they needed to. Even if the Im pack had gotten around one camera, or somehow hacked them, they wouldn't have realized that there were two different systems in place, and none of the cameras had detected anything more than animals, bugs, and someone delivering a package.

This calmed her down, but she was still nervous. What if they found her? What if they found her wolves? Why couldn't they just let her go? Because of a dumb bloodline? It was ridiculous, but it was the outdated nature of packs who were too stubborn in the old ways to ever let them go.

In the end, Taeyong decided that it would, in fact, be safe to return home. Emergency supplies were packed back up, and put away, with Somin and Jungwoo now also having clothes here to have, just in case they needed to come back. Taeyong told Somin that there was a secondary safe house, but he didn't tell her where, saying they'd only go there as a last resort, if they truly needed to disappear. He spoke like it was in another country, and as if going there would mean changing names and starting completely new. A true extreme measure.

But, it wasn't needed yet, so everyone packed what little they needed to, and half the wolves got into the van Doyoung drove down, while the rest said they'd take the train, since it would likely be a bit faster than the car.

Somin opted for the car since it would be more comfortable for her to sleep in, sitting in between Yuta and Ten. In front of her were Winwin and Doyoung. Taeil drove, and Jungwoo was in the passenger seat. It left Taeyong, Jaehyun, Mark, and Johnny to take the train, none of them really minding public transportation, except Somin's mates were a little whiny that they had to leave Somin for a couple of hours, but they would deal with it.

Since Yuta had kissed Somin though, he'd been a lot more brazen about his affection. He'd sneak kisses in when no one was looking, or before bed when she was sleeping with him. The bunk beds arrived before they left, so Somin could have her own bed, but her mates had gotten so accustomed to her sleeping in their arms that they would insist she sleep with one of them instead of by herself, and she complied; they felt safe, and her nightmares were rare in the arms of a mate.

Being in the car made just about everyone sleepy, with nothing much to occupy them besides sleeping, or playing on their phones, or singing to music. So after the first hour or so, Ten had fallen asleep, with his head leaning against the window. Winwin was asleep too, his head bent backwards onto his pillow, his arms wrapped tight around a Kakao Ryan plushie he'd picked up from the store while they were at the safe house since he had a hard time sleeping without something to hug. Somin couldn't see Jungwoo too clearly, so she wasn't sure if he was asleep, or if Doyoung was.

Yuta definitely wasn't asleep, his hands occupied with tracing unfamiliar kanji onto Somin's palm that he refused to translate. Once he saw that Ten was asleep, he leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to Somin's lips. It wasn't a peck, but not too long of a kiss, either. She smacked his thigh and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter