Warm Welcome

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

"So they found you at the N Seoul Tower?" Jungwoo asked Somin. He sat next to her on the couch, his body facing hers, a look of genuine concern painting his features. His entire body was turned towards Somin, and she had the feeling he was the type to give someone his full attention when speaking to them, which was only another testament to his sweet nature. Jungwoo was showered, and in clean clothes provided to him by Jaehyun, who was roughly the same size as the new wolf. Jungwoo only looked more attractive, hair looking so soft Somin caught herself nearly reaching out to touch it.

"Yeah," she said with a sigh, tilting her head onto the back of the couch. "I can't tell if it was a coincidence or not. I hope it was. But they would have definitely found us, so we split up, and here we are."

Now the male was frowning. "Are you upset?"

Somin hummed, then shook her head. "No. I already left home once. But now I have everyone here, so for me...I'm fine so long as I have them. Besides, if we hadn't come here, I don't think Taeyong would have found you, and I'm glad he did."

That made Jungwoo a little shy, who laughed and covered his mouth with his hand, shaking his head. "Thank you. I'm glad he found me, too."

"Hey, hey, hey, why are you being so sweet towards the new guy, huh?" Johnny asked as he sat on Somin's other side, trying to pull her towards him. "Don't do that. Talk to me, maybe we'll Bond faster!"

While Somin tried to shake the male off of her, Jungwoo looked at him curiously. "You all seem to want to Bond to her. Why?"

Johnny stopped trying to catch Somin in a stranglehold, and blinked. "Isn't the reason obvious? We want a mate. Doesn't every wolf want a mate? No--every person wants love, don't they? A mate is an assurance. But also, just look at her! Somin's gorgeous. She's also kind, sassy, and always thinks of others before herself. She's wonderful; why wouldn't I want her to be my mate?"

Johnny's description made Somin a bit shy herself, cheeks turning light pink while she looked anywhere but at Johnny or Jungwoo.

The new wolf hummed, mulling it over, then nodded. "I understand it. But a Bond is like...marriage, but extreme. What if things fall apart when you're older, and the Bond keeps you tied to her?"

"That's not how Bonding works," Yuta sighed as he walked into the living room, handing a bottle of water and peeled orange set on a plate to Somin. "Things won't fall apart. Marriage is held together by emotion, or maybe a moral sense of duty. Bonding is different. Somin and I...we're held together by something far tighter than that. It's like our souls are tied together. I adore her on all levels. My world revolves around her. It's possible that Somin could get sick of me, though, or any of the others. She's from a wolf family, but since females can't be born as wolves...it's hard to say how it works from her end." Yuta kissed the top of Somin's head, sitting on the other side of Jungwoo.

Somin thought it over, then shook her head. "I don't think I could get sick of any of you. Even the ones I'm not Bonded to--well, except maybe Johnny," she teased, the male in question putting a hand over his heart as if deeply wounded. "I'm brought comfort by my mates. Without at least one of them around, I feel...like something's missing. But when I'm close to them, I feel a peace I've never experienced in my life."

This made Jungwoo think, while it sent Johnny on a rant about why Somin should Bond to him this instant. Then Jungwoo spoke up. "I think I'd like to Bond," he decided, earning a sharp look from the other two wolves in the room. "I don't mean to Somin specifically," he quickly clarified. "I mean in general. I want to know what it feels like, okay?"

"Well, odds are you'll Bond to Somin anyway, if you do at all," Yuta said as he shook his head, popping a piece of the orange he had in his hand in his mouth. "Since it looks like the whole pack is d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter