Safe House

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

The drive to the safe house was farther than Somin thought. She fell asleep after two hours, her head resting on Mark's shoulder, and her hand tightly laced through Ten's while Doyoung drove, Winwin in the passenger seat. When she woke back up, they were already at the house, which was an older house in a discrete suburb. 

Mark was about to put his arms under her to carry her, but her eyes opened, and she shook her head. "I can walk," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes, but still holding onto Mark's hand tightly as they walked in.

"Did anyone call?" she asked in a groggy voice.

"Johnny called," Doyoung confirmed as he fished out keys to the house, opening the gate first before they actually got to the door. "They'll be here in a couple of hours. They went to the house first in case they were being followed, then snuck out and got another car before hopping on a bus. They rode around in circles for a while before starting on their way here."

Somin looked around, but it was dark, so she couldn't see anything. "Where...is here?"

"Daegu," Doyoung answered simply as he let everyone inside. "We drove around in a few circles too, before getting here. Winwin, go get the blankets out from the closet upstairs."

The wolves moved around the house, pulling things from drawers and cupboards; emergency supplies. There were clothes packed away, toiletries, blankets, pillows, everything the wolves would need.

"Mark, can you order food? We'll have to go shopping tomorrow," Doyoung sighed as he looked through the cabinets, finding only canned, non-perishable foods.

Chicken was ordered, and Ten lead Somin to the living room, pulling a sheet off the couch that had kept it from getting dusty. "Come here," he murmured, pulling her into his arms. He felt warm, and safe, so Somin nearly melted into him, clutching onto him while he turned the TV on, putting on a variety show to fill the empty house with some noise, and light.

Somin heard her phone rang, and she immediately picked it up, nearly bolting upright before Ten held her tighter, preventing her from moving away from her. So she relaxed again, answering. "Hello?"

"Somin, are you okay?" It was Yuta, who sounded absolutely distraught.

"Me? Of course I'm okay. I'm more worried about you guys." Somin frowned. "Are you all okay? You didn't get hurt? What about the Im pack? Were you followed out?"

A soft sigh, and she could tell Yuta was relieved, telling the other wolves that she was okay. "We're fine. They tried to push past us to get to you, but we didn't let them. Johnny might end up with a black eye tomorrow, but the wolf healing should take care of it before it shows. Taeyong got a busted lip, but that will also heal pretty soon. Nothing major. We're fine. Security pulled us apart, and we bolted while they were trying to fight the security off. Anyway, we should be there in an hour and a half, since there's not a lot of traffic."

Somin nodded, her eyes closing in relief. A few cuts and bruises were better than the broken bones and god knew what else that would have happened if they'd all been in wolf form where they had brute strength. "Good. Good, I'm glad. Be safe."

"Of course." A pause while someone's voice sounded on the other end, then Yuta spoke again. "Taeyong wants to talk to you. He's been worried, too."

Somin spoke to every wolf afterwards so they could all hear her voice and confirm yes, she was okay, and that the others were too. Yuta's phone was close to dying, so Taeil reluctantly hung up, promising they'd get to the house as soon as possible since they'd taken a bus instead of a car since it was more discrete, and the scent was harder to follow, even when they'd hopped onto different buses for a bit in hopes that it might confuse the Im pack, should they have followed.

"See?" Ten's voice was soft, contradicting his usual loud self. "It's okay, Somin. We told you that we'd never let anything happen to you." He smiled at her, and that was comforting enough for her to relax.

Somin was able to let the TV numb her for a while, Ten's lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter