Pretend Vacation

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Probably should have put this with the last chapter tbh but oh well. I'm glad you're all enjoying the updates ♥

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

Taeyong was very skeptic when the suggestion that they treat this hide away as a vacation came up. To him, the safe house meant they lay low; try to stay invisible, wait out the danger. But most of the wolves had grown tired of that attitude after two weeks had passed. They were incredibly lucky this had happened during break, when they were supposed to relax and maybe take a vacation.

You deal with the cards you're dealt, though, which lead the more restless wolves--Johnny, Ten, Mark, and Winwin--to suggest they just treat the house like a vacation spot. The wolves wished to have a barbecue and just sit and talk without the TV on. Due to the neighborhood and lack of a large backyard, they couldn't make a bonfire, but sitting in the living room together seemed just as nice. Plus it could be Jungwoo's official welcome party. That got Taeyong to buckle, and now there was excitement over meat.

Somin was let out of the house to go shopping for food with Taeil, Yuta, Jungwoo, and Doyoung, and together they gathered what they needed. The amount of meat Taeil put into the cart made Somin's eyes widen, but she knew how much these boys could eat. Taeil asked Jungwoo which he'd like more, soybean stew, or kimchi stew, and it was decided that they'd have soybean.

Along the way, Yuta snuck in a few things they definitely didn't need for the barbecue--like rice cakes. Doyoung slipped in a box of chocopies, and then a bag of chips after he saw Jungwoo eyeing them with a grin.

"We should get fruit for dessert too..." Taeil mumbled as he put in a bag of oranges before noticing all the snacks. "Yah!" He was about to remove it, but Somin's hand on his wrist stopped him.

"I put them in," she said, kissing his cheek. "Can we get them, please?"

That was more than enough to soften Taeil, whose expression visibly relaxed as his lips curled into a smile. "I guess," he sighed, reaching to touch her cheek before continuing to look for some apples.

"He's whipped," Yuta observed.

"Like you're not," Doyoung snorted.

Jungwoo was smiling, covering a laugh with his hand. "Thanks, Somin," he said. "I didn't need the chips, though."

"It's fine," she said with a shake of her head. "Getting a few extra things won't kill him, don't worry about it. If you want anything else, just tell me and I'll grab it. Taeil's a bit of a grump, but if it's me asking, he won't say no."

"I don't think he's capable of saying no to you," Doyoung mused. "None of your mates are."

Jungwoo looked over. "Can you say no to her?"

There was a pause, and Doyoung looked at Somin, thinking. "Probably not. In fact, I don't think anyone in the pack could say no to her. I think it applies to you too, Jungwoo."

The wolf turned a bit pink, shaking his head. "I'm sure it depends on what she asks for--"

"Stop teasing him, Doyoung," Yuta said with an exaggerated sigh as he grabbed Somin's hand to lace their fingers together. "It's not like it's hard to, that means it's not any fun."

Then they all had to catch up to Taeil, who'd moved ahead of the others on his grocery quest, and the subject was dropped.

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

The two grills were set up in the backyard, with Taeil at one, and Doyoung at the other. However, Mark insisted he help, so Doyoung went inside to help Taeyong make the stew. Somin washed the vegetables after putting the rice in the cooker, while Jaehyun cut them up, leaving them on a plate for Taeyong to add to the pot when he was ready.h

The remaining wolves were in the living room arguing over which rented movie they should watch while the food was being made, and Somin felt happy. An atmosphere like this was all they needed to take away the stress of the past couple of weeks, and it was helping Jungwoo get closer to everyone, actively arguing over why they shouldn't watch Train to Busan, and should instead watch La La Land.

"We're done here," Taeyong finally said after he covered the pot. "Go rest with the others. I'll go see how the grilling is going." Doyoung joined him, and the two were out the back door.

Somin and Johnny joined the rest of the wolves in the living room, where Somin sat on the floor, ignoring the protests from some of the wolves and offers to sit on the floor instead. She didn't mind, her back on the couch with her body between Ten's legs, the male reaching out to play with her hair in calming .

The wolves had apparently decided on an action movie, one Somin didn't know the name of. She rested her hands on her propped up knees, and eventually her head fell to the side to rest on Jungwoo's shoulder. He tensed for a moment, then relaxed and just let her sit like that. None of the wolves had made any fuss about it, and Jungwoo smiled to himself, deciding it was okay.

Dinner was ready about half an hour later, and the meat became a source of amusement. It was obviously clear who had grilled what. All the pork belly grilled by Taeil was cooked fine, but some of it was burned. And by the pink tinge of Mark's cheeks, those were the ones he'd grilled. There were sausages too, and some brisket, and they were all fine, so either Taeil or one of the other wolves had stopped him before he burned anything else.

Somin reached for a burned piece, but Mark grabbed her hand. "Yah, don't eat that. Here." He put a piece of not burned brisket on her bowl of rice, but Somin rolled her eyes and put the meat in . "I like meat that's a little bitter," she said with a smile, and Mark nearly melted.

"I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter