Project Affection Pt. 2

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

"Get closer to Mark, get closer to Mark," Somin repeated to herself under her breath as she entered the school a few steps behind Mark.

The wolf turned when he saw his mate was no longer beside him, lifting a brow. "Somin?" he called, making her snap her head up. "You okay? What are you mumbling about?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just...going over equations for the chemistry test."

Mark bought it instantly, smiling as he moved towards her and ruffled her hair, messing it up. "You'll do fine. You had all of the problems right on the review we did last night. Don't stress, it's just a test." He pinched her cheek affectionately, and Somin smiled meekly.

She was often in awe at how damn sweet her mate was. Of course, that made her feel even worse at how she'd been treating him. Despite her Project Affection, she still wasn't as close to Mark as she wanted to be. It had taken a lot of thought as to why that was, and she still hadn't figured it out. Something about Mark made her...nervous. She didn't know why that was, either.

They proceeded to the classroom, Somin still mulling over why she was hesitant over Mark, when Jihoon stepped in front of her. He said something to her, but she was too lost in her thoughts to hear him. Lifting a brow, Jihoon repeated what he said, making Somin snap out of it. "What?"

Jihoon grinned, tilting his head to one side. "A penny for your thoughts? What were you so lost in thought about?"

"Uh...chemistry. Equations. "

Unlike Mark, Jihoon wasn't convinced. "I see. You're sure it's equations you're thinking about?"

Somin stiffened, putting her bag down and pulling out her workbooks. "Why would I lie?"

"Hmm. Maybe because..." Jihoon moved closer, leaning in so his face was right in front of hers, too close for comfort. "You're thinking about me?" He flashed one of his dazzling smiles, but Somin wasn't too affected. She saw Mark glaring from the corner of her eye and pushed Jihoon away. He followed her gaze, snickering. "Oops, I forgot. Guess he's jealous, huh? That I'm the one in your thoughts."

Now the female rolled her eyes. "Right. Jihoon, has anyone ever told you that your ego needs to be taken down a notch?"

The male's eyes narrowed as he peered at her. "Your cheeks aren't even red. My flirting isn't working then? I'll have to change tactics." Jihoon winked at her, sliding away before she could say something, or slap him.

Mark was still staring at her, giving her a look as if to say, "I told you he was flirting with you." Somin made a face at him, shaking her head with a heavy sigh. Graduation needed to come sooner.

The day progressed, and even after the chemistry test, Somin still found herself lost in thought, making Mark suspicious. "Somin?" he called as they walked out of the school. "The test is over. What are you thinking about now?"

"Nothing," she said with a shake of her head, but she was still very distracted.

Looking around, Mark made sure there wasn't anyone near. Then he pulled her off into an alley, making Somin yelp in surprise. Mark backed her up against the wall, one arm pressed to the building beside her, caging her in. It made her immediately sober up from her thoughts. He was incredibly close to her, close enough that Somin could feel the warmth of his body heat, close enough that she could smell his cologne. His deep brown eyes were trained on her, making her swallow, getting tight. She could feel her stomach in knots, but she didn't have time to think about it.

"You've been like this all day," he said seriously. "I'm worried because I can feel your worry in the back of my head. I thought it really might have been the test, but now I think I was dumb for believing you. What's wrong? Is it Jihoon? Your family?"

Somin could only stare at him for a few moments longer before she could find her voice. "No, no. It's not that. I..." Now she hesitated, her eyes moving downwards to avoid the intensity of his gaze.

Mark put a hand under her chin and jerked it up so she was looking at him again. "Tell me. Please. I'm begging you. Tell me what's wrong so I can fix it. I don't want you to worry about anything. Not alone. Let me help, let me reassur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter