Mooning

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N; So this chapter is kind of all over the place. But it's needed to space things out and not rush things, and also for some more fluff.

I was also asked about why I won't add certain members in. I'll likely add in Kun around when I add in Jungwoo and Lucas, I was just iffy since he hadn't officially debuted yet, but he's still a member ♥ Also please know that I won't add any 00 liners in. I know Renjun is now technically an adult, and now is the same age as Mark, but I'm just not comfortable with it. Partially because I'm a 97 liner so writing past the 90s is a bit odd, and also because he's still a baby to me.

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

When the full moon approached, even Somin could feel it. She couldn't quite explain how she knew the full moon was tonight, she just felt it. It was a creeping anticipation under her skin that made her want to go outside and stare at the night sky when it came. Maybe it was heightened by her mates' awareness of it, or maybe when she was back at her home, she was too occupied with staying out of the way of her father, and his pack, to actually relax and notice small things her mind, and body, were telling her.

Mark was definitely tense though; all during the school day, he seemed to have loads of pent up energy. During gym, he outran everyone when he usually held himself back at least a little bit.

"Mark, you okay? You're more on edge than usual," Somin murmured to him as she rubbed his back, having him pulled aside during class.

The wolf looked at her with his brows raised. "Huh? I'm fine. I just haven't gotten to run in a while, I think. I'm fine."

"You better be. You're making me anxious." She smacked his arm gently, a frown painting her features. "You should have stayed home to go on a run."

The male flashed her a boyish grin. "I just ran here, didn't I?"

"You know what I meant, smartass." Somin sighed, slipping her hand into his without thinking too much about it.

"Oh?" Jihoon. Of course. "You're holding hands. Could you two possibly be..." Jihoon stepped in front of the pair and got uncomfortably close, his wide eyes narrowed as they shifted between Somin and Mark. "Dating?" Ah, what a dramatic finish for a dramatic boy.

Mark jerked in surprise, and was ready to pull his hand away since he was well aware Somin didn't like it, but to his surprise, she held on. She flashed her mate a look of assurance, then answered. "Yeah, we're dating."

"Interesting." Jihoon's lips pursed as he looked at the pair's intertwined hands, then nodded pensively. "Guess that's why Mark had so much energy, huh? I usually beat him in the hundred meter."

The wolf rolled his eyes, but Somin elbowed him. "Yeah, maybe."

A whistle was blown, and the gym teacher called out a warning to the apparent new couple that PDA was not allowed, and that the girls' were to line up for the four hundred meter relay.

Somin separated from Mark, who was beaming at her like the sun itself. The sudden decision was now more than worth it to Somin; she wanted her mates to smile, and be happy, just as much as they wanted the same for her.

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

"Welcome home g--" Johnny was cut off as he welcomed the two high school students home as he noticed Mark. The youngest wolf looked very out of it, a big smile on his face, with his eyes out of focus. Johnny narrowed his eyes, Mark walking past him into the kitchen without so much as acknowledging his existence. "What's up with him?"

"Oh. He's happy because I told people at school we were dating," Somin said dismissively as she slipped her shoes off.

Johnny looked like he was in pain, clutching his chest. "Dating? We've not even Bonded, and you're dating?!"

"Oh hush, she probably just did it to make Mark more comfortable. They're mates, it makes sense. It's just for other people. Not like you can explain the dynamics of a Bond, let alone the existence of werewolves, to a bunch of high schoolers," Taeyong interjected as he approached Somin to kiss her cheek and take her backpack from her. "Besides, like you said: you're not even Bonded to her, so why does it matter what she and one of her mates does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter