Danger Imminent

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

"I don't understand it. I don't understand any of it," Ten mourned as he laid down on top of his textbooks. Everyone was either in the living room or the kitchen studying. Finals were coming up, but that meant break was, too.

The wolves were all smart, but it didn't mean they were all very good at studying. The foreign wolves in particular struggled with Korean terms, so it was harder for them to learn. Ten was currently incredibly frustrated with his Korean history class, getting kings from Joseon and Goryeo mixed up.

"I don't get it either," Winwin added, tossing his pre-calc workbook onto the coffee table, ruffling his hair up with a sigh.

Somin glanced over, then sighed. She got off the floor and sunk onto the ground next to Winwin, looking at his book. She was familiar with some of the concepts of pre-calc, since it was one step above algebra, and as she glanced at it, she realized she understood what was on the page. "You have to find the x-coordinate of the vertex of the parabola, that's all." Winwin only stared at her, so Somin began explaining in depth how to do the problem, writing it out for him, and writing notes next to each step.

By the time she was finished, Winwin had a huge grin on his face, and immediately he hugged Somin to him and kissed her cheek. "I understand! It's an actual miracle! I understood everything you said!" He kissed her cheek again, but pulled away since he had a feeling Somin wouldn't like a third.

She smiled at him, happy that she could help. "The next one is the same type of problem. Try to do it on your own."

"Somin~" Ten cooed as he inched closer, his hand falling over hers where it rested on the table. He had a sickly sweet smile on his face, his head cocked to the side in an attempt to look as appealing as he possibly could. " You're so smart. How could a high school student be so good at a university math class? Are you good at history too?"

Somin's eyes narrowed. "You know I have to study, too."

"Please?" Ten batted his eyelashes and even pouted.

"If I help you, will you stop bothering me?"

The wolf perked up. "Of course I will! I promise." He held out his pinky, which Somin hooked with her own.

Just like that, she did her best to help Ten sort out the kings of Goryeo, then Joseon, telling him that he'd just have to memorize it in the end; it wasn't like math or science where you understood it, or you didn't. History was memorization.

"Mmm~ Thank you. Such a smart girl." Ten also gave her a kiss as a thank you, but his was on her forehead, his hands petting her hair. "Aigoo, so pretty."

Somin rolled her eyes at the treatment, then turned back to her own textbook so she could study for English. Ten upheld his promise not to bother her, though, so she was quite content.

"Look at my future mate studying--oh, you're studying English? I can help!" Johnny. Of course he'd interrupt her.

"Why would she need your help? I'm in her class, and I speak English too!" Mark butted in, pushing past Johnny.

Just like that, the two of them argued over who would get to help her, Ten even piping up, stating that he was just as good at English. Both Mark and Johnny protested, the two stating that they were far more suited since they grew up in Canada and America respectively. Somin idly wondered when they came to Korea, and how they ended up in this pack, but that was a question for another time.

And another time turned out to be later that night, after dinner.

"Hey, Mark? Can I ask you something personal?"

The youngest wolf's eyebrows lifted, but he nodded. "Yeah, of course. Why, what's wrong?"

Somin looked around. Jaehyun and Doyoung were washing dishes, and the rest of the wolves were in the living room, being loud and rowdy as they played one another in Mario Kart. "Come on," she said as she took his hand, pulling him into her room for some privacy. Well--the wolves could hear if they tried, but they wouldn't. They had respect, after all, and Mario Kart required just about all of their concentration, anyway.

Mark sat on the bed and leaned back on his arms, head tilted as he regarded his mate curiously. "Ask away."

"Um...how did you join the pack? You're from Canada, so how did you end up here? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Somin sat next to him, folding up her knees to her chest and putting her head atop them.

The wolf nodded, as if he'd expected this type of question at some point. "I can answer, I don't mind. I'm not sensitive about it. Not anymore, anyway." He sighed, eyes drifting to the floor. "Well, of course I was with my family in Canada. My dad had to travel for work, so my mom got a job there, too. But wolves can't stay from their packs for very long; it's not in our nature. My parents felt guilty towards me, too, for not having a pack. My dad said he was fine with my mom, since he was actually Bonded to her, even though no one else from his pack Bonded to her. So they sent me here, to live with my aunt and uncle. But, well. That didn't go well."

Somin reached for one of Mark's hands, and the wolf gladly took it, lacing their f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter