A Forced Hand

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

When Somin came to, she had absolutely no way of telling how long she'd been in this hole. It coul have been minutes, could have been hours, she wasn't sure. She'd not eaten before getting caught listening in, so her hunger proved to be no useful indicator, either.

Gingerly, she ran her hands over her arms and legs, findng she had at least one scrape from being tossed down the stairs. At least no broken neck, though.

Feeling around with her hands, Somin made her way up the stairs, pushing at the cellar door. She knew she'd never be able to break the lock, but she could at least get a peek at sunlight, darkness, anything.

However, her weak arms did nothing, and her attempts were futile.

Well. All she could do now was wait. Wait until one of her parents decided she'd been in there long enough and a staff member was sent to get her out, or until she'd been in the cellar so long her parents forgot they put her there, and a staff member could come get her. If they even remembered, anyway.

Sighing, Somin idly wondered if she'd die down here. She knew she was being dramatic, but when you were in a situation like this, it was hard not to go to the worse case scenario.

So the runt of the Im family made her way back down all the stairs and crawled around until she found a corner, huddling up in it. Closing her eyes, she decided her best bet was to try and sleep. Then the time might pass by quicker.

But turns out, she didn't have to sleep as long as she thought. Within half an hour of her sitting with her eyes closed, she heard rattling at the cellar door.

Someone had come to let her out already? That was odd, unless one of the staff members had been able to convince her father to cool down, which she doubted. He'd punished her in front of the entire pack, so he'd have to go through with it, or risk his authority being questioned.

But the cellar doors were open, and Somin was already rushing towards the early morning light she saw from the entrance. And when she was out, she was gobsmacked at who her savior was.

The man who was dusting his hands off and helping her out of the cellar was none other than the mysterious wolf. Now, instead of his hair being messy, it looked soft, and shiny, and was laying down. His clothes too, were clean, and free of any major damage. He noticed her staring though, and lifted a brow. "What?"

"Why--when--who--how?" Somin stuttered out in a mess, still staring at him with large, pensive eyes.

The stranger sighed, bending down to lock the cellar doors again. "Be quiet, or you might wake someone up. It's not long after sunrise. I got back last night and couldn't hear you from inside, so I searched, and..." His eyes rested on the cellar. "Here you were." Then he looked back at Somin. "Do they do that to you a lot?"

"Um..." Somin's eyes landed on the ground, darting back and forth as she searched her brain for answers, far too confused right now to be completely coherent. "They used to. Hasn't happened in a while."

That made the male frown. "How long would they usually leave you there for?"

"I don't know...I've been in here anywhere from an hour to three days before."

"Three days." His voice was icy now, and when Somin glanced at him, his jaw was locked, posture tense.

There was a long moment of silence that followed, Somin wraping her arms around herself. "What am I supposed to do now? I can't go back inside. It's not been long enough for them to give the okay to let me out."

The stranger snapped back to reality. "Yeah, I know. You're coming with me instead. They won't notice you're gone until they come to get you out, so you have plenty of time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter