Shadows and Silence

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ A/N: And welcome to the first chapter ♥ Enjoy! Also if someone wanted to help me out and make me a poster, I'd be forever grateful ♥ }

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

Im Somin was the kind of girl that peoples' eyes just slide over. Maybe if she hadn't been born into the circumstances she was, it would be a different story. But a lifetime of people pretending you were invisible made you act like you really were.

Somin's family were a renowned, powerful family of alphas, leaders. With her parents desperately hoping for a baby boy to continue the bloodline, and the Im wolf line, they were disappointed to be met with a baby girl instead. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so disappointing if her mother was able to have children after that, but she couldn't, and now they were left with a girl who wasn't born a wolf. Girls usually weren't.

So, the disappointed family just cast her aside for the house staff to raise her. Yes, she could have her own children and pass the bloodline down, but their name would be lost, and that was really what her father treasured the most. He came from a long, long line of single-born males, without any uncles or brothers to keep their name. It had relied completely on their firstborn, but here Somin was.

It wasn't so bad, though. It was quieter this way. She didn't have to worry about all the pack politics this way. Soon, she'd leave and work until she had enough money for school. That is, if she were allowed.

Yes, even though Im Somin was as good as wallpaper, her parents still kept her on a tight leash, forbidding her from going out into the city--or anywhere, really.

She figured they didn't want people to see their failure, even though the odds of her running into a wolf who would recognize her as a part of the Im clan were slim to none. Which was why she learned how to sneak out, naturally.

Today was one of those days where Somin already knew she'd be wanting to leave the house; her father's pack was here today, and with them, all of their families. She might have been invisible to her parents, but to the sons of the pack members, she was as good as a squeaky toy.

"Im. So. Min~"

Speak of the devil.

A scowl already placed itself on Somin's features as she turned her body away from the source of the sound, but it was no use. The male grabbed onto her long,  brown hair, and yanked her head back with a vicious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter