Forging Bonds

The Luck of Encounters

“Well, this is slightly awkward,” Yoochun chuckles. Rolling over, he sits up and helps me up as well.

“Just a little,” I say, managing a small giggle despite my quickened heart rate.

“Sorry about that,” he says, still smiling. “I kind of get carried away sometimes.”

“It’s all right.”

“So,...who was Junsu really talking to?”

“Huh?”

“I know Junsu and I know you. You’re both horrible liars.”

I sigh. “Fine, but you have to swear not to let on that you know. Arrasso?”

“Pinky promise,” he smiles, offering his fingers. “I’ll cross my heart too if you want.”

“This should do it,” I say, linking our pinkies and pressing our thumbs together to seal the deal. “He was talking to Ye Jin.”

“Ye Jin? Then why’d he act weird?”

“He likes her but he’s afraid to tell her. He’s probably afraid you all would more.”

“I knew it!” Yoochun crows. “I knew it!”

“You knew what?” Changmin asks, coming into the room.

“Shut the door,” I tell him.

He gives me a strange look, but does as I say. “What’s going on?”

“Pinky promise this won’t leave the room first.” I hold out my hand.

“Seriously? All right, but you’re scaring me a little.”

“It’s nothing bad,” I say after he promises.

“It’s actually kind of a good thing,” Yoochun says.

Changmin looks at the two of us suspiciously. “And that good thing would be?”

“Junsu likes Ye Jin.”

“So? I knew that.”

“What’d you know? Are you keeping secrets from me?” Yunho jokes, entering the room with Jaejoong.

“I guess I didn’t close it all the way,” Changmin apologizes.

“Apparently it’s not as much a secret as we thought,” Yoochun says.

“What is it then?” Jaejoong asks.

“Junsu likes Ye Jin,” I say.

Yunho looks at us, confused. “Well, they’re friends, isn’t he supposed to like her?”

“Not that way,” Changmin says, rolling his eyes. “She means like as in dating her like.”

“Oh. Really?”

I nod. “He told me.”

“That’s strange. It usually takes him a while to trust new people.”

“_______’s not new; she was already my friend,” Yoochun says.

“What does that have anything to do with it?” I ask.

“He’s really close to me, so I guess since I trust you, he does too.”

“Does Ye Jin know he likes her?” Jaejoong suddenly asks.

“No, at least I don’t think so. He’s not sure if she likes him either. I’m planning on settling that out soon though.”

“How?” Yunho asks.

“Girls talk about this kind of stuff all the time. It’ll be easy to find out,” I answer. Jaejoong nods his head in agreement.

    During the small pause after, I notice a strange look coming over the boy’s faces. They look at each other and smile.

“Are you guys thinking what I’m thinking?” Yunho grins.

“We’re gonna have fun,” Yoochun laughs.

“Am I missing something here?” I ask.

Changmin winks at me. “Shouldn’t we fill her in? She’s already involved and it’ll be good to have a girl’s opinion.”

“Okay, guys, your psychic connection thing is a little scary. What exactly am I involved in?”

“Interfering with Junsu’s love life. Since we care about Junsu, only wanting the best for him, and we don’t know how long it’ll take him to make a move, we’re going to help him along a little bit,” Yoochun says with a smile.

“Uh-huh.”

“We don’t have a plan yet since we literally found this all out five minutes ago,” Jaejoong begins.

“I’ve known for a while,” Changmin interjects.

Jaejoong shakes his head, ignoring Changmin, and continues. “Anyway, we’ll make a plan. Junsu usually isn’t shy about letting girls know he thinks they’re cute, but if he’s thinking about dating her, that means he’s serious about her. He and Ye Jin are really close, so he’ll probably take twice as long.”

“With you helping us, we can find out how Ye Jin feels,” Yunho says. “If she doesn’t like him that way, we’ll try to help him find someone else. If she does, then we’ll help them get together.”

“All right, I’m in. I love Junsu already and Ye Jin seems like a great girl,” I smile.

“Awesome!” Yoochun says. “We should definitely start planning now.”

“First we have to find out about Ye Jin. It’d be a waste of time making plans without knowing how she feels. If we started now, we’d have to come up with two plans instead of one,” Changmin points out.

Yunho nods. “That’s true. ______, how soon can you find out?”

“I’ll have to wait until we get back to Korea. It’d be too weird to just call her out of the blue and ask.”

“Darn it,” Yoochun sighs. “I was hoping we could start now.”

“We can still be thinking about it. Everyone ready to help our Xiah?” Yunho asks, putting his hand out and looking at the rest of us.

“I’m in,” Jaejoong says, laying his hand on Yunho’s. Changmin, Yoochun, and I follow suit.

“All right. Let’s do this! One, two, three, fighting!”

“What are you guys doing?” Junsu asks, finally coming into the room. “You always leave me out of these things.”

“We’re just getting psyched for our stay in Japan,” Yoochun explains smoothly. “We didn’t know where you were.”

“We can do it again, if you’d like,” I offer.

Junsu thinks it over before smiling and walking over to lay his hand on mine. “Okay. I want to count off this time.”

“But I’m the leader. That’s my job,” Yunho protests.

“What about me? I’m the oldest,” Jaejoong points out.

I put on my cutest face. “Can’t he say it this one time guys? Please?”

“Fine. We just like giving him a hard time,” Yunho chuckles.

“It’s true,” Junsu shrugs. “Ready, everybody? We’re going to have an awesome time while we’re here and make all our Cassies happy. One, two three, fighting!”

We all whoop loudly as we throw our hands in the air.

“All right, people. We have the rest of the day off, but we have a really busy schedule tomorrow,” Yunho says, clapping his hands. “If anyone would like to join me, I’ll be going for a swim soon.”

“I want to! I’ll go get changed,” Junsu shouts, happily running out of the room.

“Sounds good to me too.” Jaejoong follows Junsu.

Changmin considers the invitation.“I’m going to catch up on some reading, but I may come later.”

Yunho turns to Yoochun and I, “What about you two?”

“I’d love to too. Give me an hour to nap and I’ll be there,” I answer.

“Same here,” Yoochun says.

“But you slept most of the way here.”

“One thing you’ll find out quickly about Yoochun is he’s always ready to sleep,” Yunho chuckles. Heading out the door with Changmin, he calls back, “Don’t feel bad about waking him up when you want to go. He’s use to it.”

“All that excitement wore me out,” Yoochun yawns, falling back on my bed.

“Hey, what did I say earlier? My bed.”

“But _____-ah...”

“Do you want to get tickled again?”

“No.”

“Then go to your own bed.”

“Please, _______,” he says, opening his eyes wide and pouting.

“Fine. I’ll sleep on the floor,” I grumble, taking a pillow and putting my feet on the floor.

He sits up, grabs the pillow and tosses it back to the top of the bed, saying “No, you’re not. You’re sleeping up here.”

“But, you’re going to be here.”

“So? The bed’s a good size. I’m not letting you sleep on the floor. We’re friends. I’m not going to do anything.”

“But...isn’t that kind of...not allowed?”

“Who cares?” he shrugs. “Little kids do this all the time. We're not going to do anything but sleep. It’s not like the guys are going to make a big deal of it.”

“You’re not giving up, are you?”

“Nope.”

“Fine.” I crawl over to the unoccupied half of the bed, plop my head on the pillow, and close my eyes.

“Was that so hard?” Yoochun chuckles.

Suddenly I feel an arm rest across my waist. My eyes snap open. “Yoochun, what do you think you’re doing?”

“Trying to take a nap.”

“Then why is your arm on me?”

“Because it’s comfortable that way?”

“Aren’t you only supposed to do this kind of thing with your girlfriend?”

“You are my girlfriend.”

“What?” I shout, jerking up.

Yoochun sighs and pushes me back down again. “It was a joke, _____. You know, like you are my girl friend because you’re my friend who happens to be a girl.”

“Oh...Your arm is still there.”

“I can’t help it, I stretch out when I sleep. Just go to sleep.”

“All right. Sorry about making a fuss.”

“It’s all right,” he says, wriggling to get comfortable. “I understand you’re worried about your job, but when you’re with me, can it just be like it was when we first met? Please?”

“Okay. Thanks for understanding...Yoochun?” I ask when he doesn’t respond.

    I laugh silently when I see he’s already asleep. Setting my phone alarm for an hour, I close my eyes. Yoochun’s presence is oddly soothing, his breath creating a steady rhythm that soon sends me into sleep’s darkness.

++++++++++++++

Annyeong lovely readers! I'm really sorry for the slow updates. Ever had a great story line and ideas for future chapters but the how to get there part was a little...rough? That's where I am. I promise the story will get better and the updates faster as we progress. Thanks for hanging in there with me. ^^

Caribbeanpop17: ke ke, well Yoochun is known for his luck with the ladies.

PurpleangelSJ: there will be more Jusnu-Ye Jin cuteness to come ;)

ChinkyKayla: ke ke, yes they are