A New Player

The Luck of Encounters

“Rematch next time, okay? Maybe you’ll win,sis,” Daniel teasingly yells while leaning out the window, waving to _____ and the guys as they enter their hotel.

Sitting back, he looks at his older brother. “So what’d you think of him?”

Tyler glances at as he pulls out onto the street. “Yoochun?”

He rolls his eyes. “Who else? Don’t get me wrong, I really like the others. They’re really nice and down to earth.”

“A little surprising, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. Come on, what’d you think?”

“What do you think?” Tyler asks, flipping the question on him.

Daniel doesn’t let him get away with it. “No way. I asked first.”

He hesitates, focusing on the road for a few minutes before answering. “I like him. I think he’s a good person; a little too touchy with ______ for my taste, but good.”

This elicits a snort from the younger. “Like you stop hugging your female friends when you have a girlfriend.”

“Of course I don’t, but still. I don’t want her to get hurt.”

“It’s not like he knows she likes him.”

Now it’s Tyler’s turn to snort. “Love is probably a better word. Did you see the way she watches him when she thinks no one’s watching?”

“You mean the one that’s really similar to my face when I see steak?”

Tyler jabs Daniel with his elbow, not bothering to look over at him. “Danny.”

“I was kidding.”

“This is our sister we’re talking about. How can we even be sure Yoochun doesn’t know when we only have her saying he doesn’t?” he sighs.

“Oh, he doesn’t.”

“And how do you know that, all-powerful one?”

“Changmin and I had a little chat while you all were getting dinner ready.”

“I thought you forgot all the Korean _____ taught you,” Tyler says, giving Daniel a puzzled look that quickly turns into a wry smile when he sees the smug smile on Daniel’s face. “You little rat.”

Danny just shrugs. “I thank the wonders of the Internet. What ______ doesn’t know won’t hurt her. Changmin’s English is pretty good too. Anyway, he confirmed most everything ____’s told us plus a few extras. According to him, Yoochun’s been too wrapped up in his girlfriend to notice ______, but now that they’re here for awhile....let’s just say I think we shall accomplish great things together.”

“Do I want to know?”

“It’s nothing too big; it’s only been a day after all. You, dearest brother, will of course have a small part.” As he talks, Daniel begins using his hands to demonstrate. “The gist of it all is put the two of them together as much as possible. Just them. Alone.”

“I don’t believe you,” Tyler says with a deadpan face.

“You don’t believe me?” comes the semi-indignant squawk.

“No,” Tyler laughs. “I-what’s he doing back?”


Daniel looks out the window to see a black pickup truck already sitting in the driveway of the house. “Who’s that?”

His question is answered a few seconds later by the appearance of a lean man in a wife-beater and jeans comes out to greet them, happily waving and calling, “Hey, Ty.”

“Julian, what’re you doing here, man?” Ty asks as he steps out the van to hug his friend.

“Pops called me up the other day saying his producer for your project had a family emergency and the others at the studio are already involved in other shoots so he asked if I could come back to fill in. I left the Brazil shoot with my partner. You’re gonna be working with me now,” Julian explains with a chuckle, smiling as Daniel joins them. “Don’t worry though. Y’all can still stay here. What’s up, Danny?”

“Nothing much. Just tagging along,” he answers, smiling back.

Julian’s glance strays back to the van. “Where’s _____?”

“Dude, you’re not still crushing on my sister, are you?” Tyler laughs, clapping his friend on the back as he turns him around to walk back inside.

    Daniel’s eyebrows shoot up in interest even as Julian laughs it off. Claiming to want to another shower, he hurries up to the guest room he and Tyler are sharing and pulls out his phone.

“Hyung, it’s Danny,” he says, trying to keep his voice low. “You’re not going to believe this.”

++++++++++++++++++++++

“Just a second,” I yell, spitting out my mouthful of toothpaste and wiping at my mouth with the back of my hand when I hear someone knock on my door.

“Hi,” Yoochun says when I open it. Hugging a pillow, he stands there barefoot in the hall.

Suddenly remembering I still have a towel wrapped around my head, I quickly tear it off. “Hi. You guys done with filming?”

“Yeah. Um, _____? Would it be all right if I slept in your room tonight?” he asks, biting his lip. Quickly, he adds, “I promise I’ll slip back into our room before hyung comes to wake us up.”

“Why?” I ask in return, opening the door the rest of the way to let him anyway

“Thanks,” Yoochun smiles, tugging gently on a lock of my hair as he comes in. “I ended up with the couch, but then Junsu spilled an entire thing of water on it. There’s no way three of us would fit in either of the beds and the floor’s really hard, so Changmin suggested I see if I could sleep in here.”

“Of course he did,” I mutter under my breath, shaking my head at the magnae’s scheming. Double checking no one else is in the hall, I quickly shut the door.

“I think we’ve got a problem, _____.” Yoochun yanks on the handle to unfold the couch a few more times. “It’s stuck.”

I give it an experimental tug as well before shrugging. “Well, neither of us can fit on it like this, so we’ve got to share the bed.”

“You sure? I can probably scrunch enough to fit on here,” he replies, eyeing the couch.

“And then you’d be hunched over all of tomorrow because of your back would be sore.” Trying to act nonchalant despite the thought of sleeping beside him again, I add with a smile, “Plus, it’s not like you’re going to do anything when I’ve got my protector around.”

“Protector? You mean it’s not me?” Yoochun teases back.

I shake my head and pull out Wangja from my suitcase. My smile turning embarrassed, I explain, “I accidentally packed him too.”

Yoochun laughs as he sits on the other side of the bed and looks at me. “How did you ‘accidentally’ pack him?”

“No idea.” I stick my tongue out at him. “Don’t judge.”

“Oh, there’s judging going on.”

“All right then. Panda attack!” I shout, tossing the bear at Yoochun.

With a laugh, Yoochun falls against the bed, pretending to struggle with Wangja. “_____! Save me!”

“Why? You were making fun of me.”

“Because you love me!”


“Fine,” I sigh, taking the panda away and setting him back in my suitcase. Yawning, I wiggle myself under the blankets. “All that soccer wore me out. So tired. Sleep well, oppa.”

“Sweet dreams, angel,” Yoochun chuckles, slipping underneath the covers as well.

I smile at the sound of his steady breath and quickly fall asleep.

    
    The sudden cold wakes me up. With a small whimper, I blindly reach out for the warmth and cuddle it to me again.

Yoochun’s deep chuckle sounds as the warmth slips from my arms again.“_____, I’ve gotta go.”

“Cold,” I murmur.

“I’ll turn the AC down, okay? Go back to sleep.”

    I feel his lips press briefly to my forehead before the blankets are pulled closer to me. Opening my eyes when the door closes, I consider sleeping but force myself out of bed seeing as I’ll have to be up soon anyway.

“Good morning, _____,”Jaejoong greets me with a smile a while later when I find my way down to the breakfast.

Changmin just waves, his mouth too full of food to say anything.

“Morning,” I smile, sitting down beside them. “Where’re the others?”

“Junsu was getting dressed and Yoochun had nabbed the shower before Yunho so there’d be hot water left,” he answers, glancing behind me and chuckling. “Guess he got kicked out.”

I turn around to see Junsu and a still wet haired Yoochun entering the room.

Quickly getting their food, Yoochun groans and shakes his head as he sits beside me while Junsu takes Changmin’s free side. “You’d think being the leader would mean he’d be more generous with us.Instead, he wants the shower all to himself.”

I push him away with one hand, giggling as I wipe at my face. “Watch it. You’re getting water on me!”

“Really?” He shakes his head again like a wet dog and making me squeal as the cold water hits my face again.

“Already causing trouble this early, are you, Yoochun?” Mr.Choi asks as he comes up, laughing as I lightly smack Yoochun’s arm in retribution.

“Just the usual,” he answers with his trademark grin.

“Well, don’t forget to eat. We need to be out of here before 7:00, arasso? The location’s nearby, but they want to get some shots with the early light.”

“No problem,” Changmin replies, giving him a thumbs-up. “I should be able to get through my third plate by then.”


“We’re really shooting up there?” Junsu exclaims as he and the others pile out of the van ahead of mine, craning his neck to look up at the skyscraper.

“For a little while at least,” I answer, looking up too. “It’ll probably get really hot soon.”

“Which means we better get everyone inside so they can get ready. ____, after we get them set up, I’ll need you to come with me so we can find the producer,”

Mr. Choi says, already ushering everyone towards the doors.”

“All right.”

    Upon entering the floor the studio had claimed for the shoot, we find it’s already a hub of activity. Consulting one of the assistants, I bring them to a small room that’s been designated for make-up and wardrobe. Once the boys are settled and start getting ready, I’m about to head back out with Mr.Choi to find the producer, his phone rings.

“I’ll be right back,” he promises, walking out.

With a shrug, I grab a convenient box, pull it a little closer to Yoochun, and sit down. “Did you sleep well last night?”

“I lot better than I would’ve on the couch, that’s for sure,” he answers, chuckling. “Your feet were really cold though.”

“Sorry about that,” I say with a sheepish smile. “I kinda tend to gravitate towards anything warm when I sleep.”

“Other than your feet, you felt pretty warm to me, but hey, any time you need a human teddy bear, I’m your man.”

I bite my lip, almost reminding him Jaehwa probably wouldn’t like that, but I don’t want to spoil his good mood so I just smile.

“______, what’s with the blushing? Afraid Wangja would get jealous?” Yoochun teases.

“Excuse me,” a voice says from the door, shifting my attention. “I heard DBSK-____?”

“Julian?” I feel my eyes widen, but I smile and cross over to him. “What’re you doing here? I thought you were in Brazil.”

“A change of plans. I’m the last minute producer,” Julian explains with that roguish smile I remember. “Seriously, _____? You don’t see me for over a year and I don’t even get a hug?”

“Trying to be professional here since we’re both ‘working,’” I remind him, laughing and wrapping my arms around him.

He hugs back, unexpectedly lifting me up and swinging me around a few times. When he sets me down, Julian pokes me in the sides, making me squeak. “You have no idea how much I missed doing that,” he laughs.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t,” I reply, trying to sound scolding, but failing not to smile. “So producer? You seem to be doing well for yourself. Your house is gorgeous, by the way.”

“Thanks. You’re looking pretty gorgeous too.”

“You haven’t changed a bit,” I laugh, patting his cheek. “C’mon. I’ll introduce you to everyone. They’re the ones you came to see after all.”

Hooking my arm in his, I lead him over to where the five guys are trying to pretend they weren’t watching the whole thing.

“So he’s our producer?” Yoochun asks, turning in his chair and examining Julian. “But you know him already?”

I frown a little at Yoochun using Korean instead of English, but answer in kind. “He’s Ty’s best friend from college. He basically lived at our house. Guys, this is Julian, the producer for the shoots and an old friend.”

They smile and greet him politely before engaging in some general small talk. As I interpret back and forth, I can’t help looking at Yoochun. Why is he so quiet all of a sudden?

==============

*Repeatedly bows* A big MIANHAE, my lovely readers for no updates last week!  With classes kind of winding down, there's a lot of papers to write and studying to do with little time for writing. Do you all forgive me? Please? I promise I'll try to update again this week with another chapter to make up for it. Also, I'd also like to apologize for the plot; I know it's slow and boring. It's a bit of writer's block and being unsure how to get to a certain point. I promise I'll sit down and work it all out soon to prevent this mess from continuing. In the mean time, please continue to support and read this story. Thank you, my lovelies. Saranghae.

hazel_marie13: Aw, thank you for subscribing! Yeah, unfortunately Yoochun's being stubborn and not admitting/seeing anything. I think it was a bit of fever and a bit of truth. Some girls see their boyfriends as things. Stupid, right? To her, she's family so they hate seeing her sad. Brothers have their great moments and I think the sad is over for a least a little while with her brothers and DBSK there (and no Jaehwa). ^^

Champions27: Agreed. nar12345: I think she will and hopefully Yoochun's head clears a bit. Were you referring to her or Yoochun? She can't help it because she's naturally inclined to skinship and has had to restrain herself when Jaehwa's around and Yoochun....he can't help it either since skinship is so natural to him.

turtle_chan: Please don't explode!...especially since we'll have to deal with Jaehwa again eventually =p I'm down for that plan. We wouldn't starve since we're close to two out of the three. ^^

MewNikkiChan: What could go wrong?...Absolutely nothing! XD Yep, Yoochun's getting better. Aw, thanks! Saranghae, dongsaeng!

EhaaKevin: And there's your answer. ^^ Junsu's a beast at soccer so it was kind of unfair. Aw, thanks! Love you too!

Jun_KOI_Min: Possibly. Ty may do it subtly since he's too polite to be blunt, but who knows with Danny. They're brilliant and fun to write. ^^

WhiteAutumn_x: *sigh* You're right and I can explain. The drawn out-ness is partly intentionally and partly not. The intentional part is because with one sided love, development is slow. I didn't intend for it to be this slow though, but that's the effect of multiple writers bloc and unclear planning on my part. Thank you so much for your constructive feedback because it makes me be a better writer and I will try to write better, more interesting, and more fast paced updates in the future. *bows*

yellow14: ^^ Te amo tambien.

chocoenvelope: ^^ Changmin? Danny? Trouble? Where'd you get an idea like that? *evil giggle*

PurpleangelSJ:Well, Danny will at least. Little brothers can't resist meddling. Saranghae! ^^

Mionyu: I'm especially sorry to keep you waiting after your last few comments! Forgive me? *puppy eyes* They're both based off different aspects of my real life brother, so they're fun and easy to write. More good moments to come, promise!

Poison: Missed them a ton. We'll have to see about Chunnie, but oh yeah, it's gonna be fun!

the3wishes_t3w: Aw, thanks for subscribing! You're so cute!