Confessions

The Luck of Encounters

“It feels good to be going home,” Jaejoong sighs, wiggling to get comfortable in his seat as we wait for the plane to take off a week later. With a wink at me, he adds, “And I know exactly where I’m going to put my elephant.”

“It feels like we’ve been gone forever,” Junsu agrees.

“It’s been three weeks,” Changmin says, popping some peanuts into his mouth. “You just want to get back so you can get with Yejin noona sooner.”

“You know it,” Junsu laughs.

“You do still have ten days to wait,” Yoochun points out as he snuggles under my blanket.

“Pssh, ten days. That’s nothing. Noona, when can we start?”

“I’m in charge of this? Oh, boy,” I giggle, tugging on the blanket to make Yoochun share.

Junsu smiles. “Nah, that wouldn’t be fair and I want to do most of it. You’re like...my supervisor. But can we start soon?”

“Most of it will have to wait until that actual day, like the flowers. I suppose you can dig out the lights and put them up whenever you have time.”

“What about dancing? I want to be perfect.”

I mentally run through the work schedule Youngja had sent me for the few weeks I was back. “Um, I think I have next Thursday evening open, but my schedule is flexible.”

Junsu looks at Yunho, who shrugs. “I honestly have no idea about what we’re doing. I’ll ask Choi hyung later and we can let you know.”

“Sounds good to me.”

 

    I spend the rest of the flight talking with the others seeing as Yoochun falls asleep before we’re even off the runway. Ayako meets me at the airport so I don’t have to take a taxi, giving me an enthusiastic hug.

When I pull back, I catch her scanning the crowd behind me. “They’ve already left,” I tell her, rolling my eyes and laughing.

She widens her eyes innocently. “Who?”

“You know exactly who.”

“Okay, you got me.” Ayako sighs before regaining her smile and hooking her arm in mine. “Since I didn’t get to see DBSK, you have to tell me everything about your trip.”

    My story lasts most of the way to my apartment since Ayako can’t help inserting her own comments.

“So when did you figure out you were in love with him?” she asks as we pull onto my street.

Still in the midst of my memories, I answer without thinking. “After we did the skit together and it felt-”

“I knew it!” Ayako crows when I realize what I said and can only gape at her.

“What the hell, Ayako?” I cry. “How’d you do that?”

“You were distracted. I am sneaky master,” she replies, wiggling her eyebrows. “As well as psychic. My psychic powers are also telling me you haven’t told him yet.”

“Do you think I’m crazy? Of course I haven’t told him. I almost did after...”

“After what?”

“After he was sleep-talking and said he fell in love with me,” I mumble.

“That’s his subconscious talking. That means he does like you!” Ayako says happily.

I shake my head. “No, it doesn’t. He forgot he’d said it the next morning. I mean, I guess it could be true. He’s always flirting with me.”

She frowns. “Not out the normal. Yoochun flirts with everyone, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you.”

“And when we’ve slept together-”

“You what?” Ayako exclaims, an incredulous expression on her face.

“Get your mind out of the gutter,” I scold. “Yoochun may be a flirt, but he’s not a ert, unlike you. We took a nap and spent one night in the same bed, but I was under the covers and he was on top of them. There was no physical contact.”

“Okay, okay. I know you’re not like that, and I hope Yoochun’s not like that either, but my brain just kind of stopped on the ‘slept together’,” she says, putting up her hands.

“It’s all right. I know you didn’t mean it that way.”

“On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind if Jaejoong and I happened to-”

I shove my hand over Ayako’s mouth, laughing. “Yah! Dirty mind! I know this guy now.”

“Can’t help it,” she shrugs when I take my hand away. “When do you get to see them again? Please say it’s soon. My life is boring so I need to live vicariously through you.”

“They don’t go back to Japan for another three weeks. Until then, I’m back to normal work.” I get out to grab my suitcase from the backseat.

“This is worse than waiting for the next episode of my dramas,” Ayako pouts, sticking her head out the window as I come around her side of the car. “You really should tell Yoochun though, eventually.”

“We’ll see. Thanks for the ride. See you tomorrow,” I reply absently, looking for my keys.

“_______?”

I look up at Ayako’s suddenly serious voice. “Yes?”

“Being practical has its uses, but matters of the heart aren’t practical. Hidden feelings do no one favors. Just keep that in mind, arasso?” she says quietly.

“I will, Ayako.”

She gives me a gentle smile before waving as she drives away.


    Ayako’s words linger in my mind in the following days as I get back into my normal rhythm of work. It doesn’t help that I find myself missing those five adorable, goofy guys. I keep expecting to hear Changmin asking for a snack, Yunho worrying, Junsu’s random outbursts, Jaejoong laughing, or Yoochun’s light snore. Unsurprisingly, it’s Yoochun that I miss the most. When I get a call from him a few days before Junsu’s planned confession, I begin smiling before I even answer.

“How’s my favorite _______ doing today?” Yoochun asks.

“Your favorite ______? How many other _______s do you know?” I giggle.

He laughs. “Just you, therefore you’re my favorite.”

“Gotcha. I’m doing good. How about you?”

“Busy as usual. So, Junsu’s been bugging me to call you to see if you’re still able to come over tomorrow evening. By some of luck we don’t have anything.”

“What? You don’t miss me at all?” I tease.

“Of course I miss you. It’s weird not having you around. The others miss you too.”

“I miss them too. All my entertainment’s gone.”

“Very funny. So can you come tomorrow?”

“Sure. And I called Yejin yesterday and got to her to agree to a girl’s night Friday.”

“Awesome on both accounts. We have everything on our end covered too. If you come around the back of the building I’ll let you in. Sorry, ______, I’ve got to go. Just text me when you get there tomorrow. See you.”

“I will. Bye, oppa.”

    True to his word, Yoochun meets me at the back door of the building the next evening.

After shutting the door, he pulls me in for a hug. “Hi.”

“Hi, oppa,” I laugh. “Did you really miss me that much? I can come see you, you know. We are in the same city after all.”

“I did miss you, but I’m also glad you’re here since Junsu may finally calm down. He’s been bouncing off the wall he has so much energy. He’s even getting on my nerves a little,” Yoochun explains with a laugh as we get in the elevator.

“Ah. After tomorrow night, it’ll be all over, and Junsu will be busy making up for lost time with Yejin,” I smile.

“Thank goodness. It is good to see him so happy though.”

I get to see how happy Junsu is for myself when he tackle hugs me as soon as I step into the living room.

“_____ noona! You’re here!” he shouts gleefully. “I’ve already got a space cleared so we won’t bump into anything.”

“Where’s everybody else?” I ask as Junsu leads me to the now open floor, Yoochun following close behind.”

“Changmin’s reading, Yunho’s napping, and Jaejoong’s writing something,” Yoochun answers, plopping himself down on the couch.

“So, how do we do this?” Junsu asks, moving to stand in front of me.

“Um, let me think...put your left hand on my waist and raise your right hand a little.” I wait as Junsu gets in position before I take his right hand and rest my right hand on his shoulder. “And now we walk.”

“Walk?”

I laugh. “Yes. It’s a really simple, one two three pattern.” I take the first step, softly tapping his shoulder to keep time. “One two three. One two three. Slow quick quick. Slow quick quick.”

“This is it? This is easy,” Junsu laughs, having taken the lead after a few times.

“Want to try moving?”

“Moving?”

I giggle. “Moving. You don’t have to stay in this little box. You can move across the floor, around the entire room if you want to actually.”

“Here, Junsu. I’ll show you.” Yoochun gets off the couch and takes my hand as Junsu voluntarily steps away.

My heart thumps when Yoochun puts his arm around me and holds me closer. I barely have enough time to think before he whirls me off around the room.

“Where’d you learn to do this?” I ask with a smile.

He shrugs and gives me a roguish smile. “Here and there. So I still got it?”

“Definitely.”

“You know, I can see you in one of those old fashioned dresses with the full skirts, dancing away under a glittering chandelier. You’d be the bell of the ball,” Yoochun says, dropping me in a dip, a strong arm supporting my back.

“Then where’s my glass slipper?” I ask breathlessly as he pulls me back up against his chest.

Yoochun laughs. “It’s around here somewhere.”

Junsu’s voice breaks into my little world. “That was so cool! Yejin’s going to love it. The dip’s not hard, right Yoochun?”

“Piece of cake,” he answers, giving me a wink before returning to the couch and letting Junsu reclaim his original position.

“Can I lead, ______? I think I’ve got it.”

“Sure,” I smile, bringing my heart back under control.

Junsu smiles back before setting an enthusiastic pace that startles a laugh out of me as I try to keep up.


    I pick Yejin up late the next night under the pretext going to see a small theater production.

“You look gorgeous,” I breathe as she slides into the car.

“It’s nothing really,” she replies off handedly, plucking at the fabric. The amethyst toned dress, with its fitted bodice and knee length ruffled skirt, shows off her toned body and adds an intriguing violet shade to her eyes.

“That’s not nothing, dongsaeng. That’s head-turner beautiful”

Yejin blushes. “You think so?”

I nod. “Truly. Now I feel underdressed,” I say, gesturing to my casual pants and blouse. “By the way, I’m really sorry, but would you mind if we took a tiny detour?”

“Where to?”

“The guys’ dorm. Yoochun lent me a book while we were in Japan, but he forgot he’d left a letter from his brother in it. I just found it the other day and promised I’d get it to him. I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to do it earlier,” I apologize again.

“That’s no problem,” Yejin smiles. “We were going to be an hour early to the theater anyway, right?”

“Thanks Yejin-ah.”

I start the car and drive to the dorm, calling Yoochun as I park across the street from the back entrance. “Hey, oppa. I’ve got the letter.”

“Good timing, ______. We just finished the flowers. Bring her on up,” Yoochun says, a smile evident in his voice.

“You’re on the roof? Okay, I’ll bring it there. Bye.” I turn to Yejin. “Want to come in with me? If Junsu sees you in that dress,...”

“I’ll come,” she says quickly, getting out and following me into the building.

When she tries to go to the actual apartment, I snag her arm and bring her along with me. “Please go with me. Stairwells creep me out. That’s always where the psycho killers wait to kill you in the movies. We can stop by after.”

“You’re scared of horror films?” she laughs, not trying to break my grip on her arm as we climb the stairs.

“I can’t help it. They’re too freaky. Huh, the door’s stuck.” I pull at the door handle. “You want to try?”

“Unnie, look. You have to push it,” Yejin shakes her head, smiles at me, and walks through the door as she pushes it open. “ See, just like-”

    I peek around her shoulder to see what made her stop. The guys really did a great job. Fairy lights wind around the edge of the roof and wrap around several poles to create a garden of light with a breathtaking view of Seoul’s skyline as a backdrop. Hanging at random intervals from the lights are small bunches of roses and daises. A larger version of these is held by a dressed up Junsu, who is standing in front of us with a slightly nervous look.

His eyes widen at the sight of Yejin. “Wow...” he breathes.

Yejin looks back and forth between me and Junsu. “Unnie, what’s going on?”

“You’ll see,” I giggle, giving her a small push towards him and quickly closing the door.

“How’d we do?”

I clap my hand over my mouth so the only thing that escapes is a small squeak as I nearly jump out of my skin.

“Sorry, _______,” Jaejoong whispers apologetically, the other three standing behind him with varying levels of amusement on their faces.

“Where were you guys hiding?” I whisper back as I try to bring my heart back to normal.

“Over here. There’s a service room with a window,” Changmin answers, taking my arm and leading me in.

“I’m too short,” I complain, standing on tiptoes.

“Here.” Yoochun picks me up piggyback. “Shh. He’s saying something.”

We crowd around the small window to hear better.

Junsu, having giving Yejin the flowers and taken her free hand, is in the middle of a quickly spoken speech. “... You’re one of my best friends and I don’t what I do if I lost that friendship, but there’s one thing I’m willing to risk it for. Your love. I don’t know when, but I fell in love with you. So in love with you. Yejin, I know it might be hard, but can you give me, us, a chance?”

“We really should go,” I whisper.

“Yeah, we should,” Yunho agrees.

No one moves.

Junsu watches Yejin with a hopeful face. “Yejin-ah?”

Yejin gazes at him like he’s something she’s never seen before. “You...love me?”

He nods, stepping closer. “Saranghae, Yejin.”

“Really?”

“Truly.”

Yejin’s squeal makes all of us start as she leaps into Junsu’s arms and kisses him enthusiastically.

“Okay, now’s when we take our leave,” Jaejoong chuckles quietly, slowly backing towards the door with Yunho in tow.

The rest of us slowly follow, wary of making any noise to interrupt the couple. Even so, judging from the way Junsu is holding Yejin to his body and she him, I don’t think a nuclear bomb would disturb them.

==============

Annyoung lovelies! Guess where I'm updating from! Dulles Airport in Washington D.C! My flight was supposed to leave 11 minutes ago, but thats how planes work, right? Too bad my time here didn't end up like the time in this story with me meeting an amazingly handsome, goofy, and friendly Korean guy who speaks English...*sigh* Anyway, please enjoy and saranghae!

MewNikkiChan: I love squishies! They make the world so much better. Yoochun can be a playboy, but that’s just who he is. He doesn’t want to hurt anyone I think. The boys were just helping is all. Thankfully, this time it went off without a hitch, right? Miss you!
Mionyu: Ke ke, was this a good enough something? ^^

ChinkyKayla: Thanks for the support! *Humongous hug*

tichiharahara: It is frustrating, isn’t it? Silly oppa’s probably having fun teasing us.

yellow14: Agreed. Maybe Junsu&Yejin will be a catalyst.

Champions27: *Shrug* I’ve taken naps with guy friends before. It’s really nice since you don’t have to worry about them doing anything creepy and it can be very comforting.

Caribbeanpop17: Soon enough? ^^

Jun_KOI_Mi: Me too.

SuperSHINeeB2stJr: Ke ke, we all do!

PurpleangelSJ: Sorry it was kind of short, but I hope you like it? *big hopeful puppy eyes* love you too!