What a View

The Luck of Encounters

“This was amazing, Jaejoong. Thank you for letting me stay,” I say as the meal ends.

“Don’t mention it,” he smiles. “Any friend of Yoochun’s is welcome here.”

“I hope we’ll all be friends by the end of this,” I shyly reply.

“You’re already my friend, noona,” Changmin quickly says. “Even if you cost me the shower.”

“Mine too!” Junsu adds.

“Well, they beat me to the punch it seems,” Yunho smiles. “It’ll be nice getting to know you more since we’ll be seeing you almost everyday for a while.”

Jaejoong nods in agreement.

“______, wanna see something cool?” Yoochun asks.
“Sure.”

“Hey, guys, is it all right if I take her into our room?”

Definitely wasn’t expecting that. “What?”

“Let me check it first,” Yunho says, quickly rising and going down the hall. A few seconds later, he calls back, “We’re good. You can bring her back.”

“Why am I’m going in there? Isn’t it private?” I ask as Yoochun pulls me down the hall.

Yoochun only smiles. “You’ll see.”

 

    Five beds fill most of the room, some personal possessions spread across the comforters. Yunho sits on the closest bed, completely relaxed.

“This,” Yoochun says as he guides me around the beds to the opposite wall. “Is what I wanted to show you.”

    Grabbing a string, he quickly pulls up one of the shades. The window offers a perfect view of Seoul. City lights of varying color gleam and flicker, creating a sea of false stars in the blackness of the night sky. I gaze out on the amazing sight, finding the moon tucked neatly between two buildings.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” I hear Yoochun’s voice ask.

“Breath taking.”

“How’s it compare? With the other places you’ve been? I seem to remember you being set on becoming a world traveler.”

Smiling at his remembering, I tear my gaze from the view to Yoochun’s face. “Every city’s different. You can’t compare them. My philosophy is, just let them be beautiful.”

He smiles before looking back out the window. “I agree. You should see sunrise from here too. The way the light and colors play off the buildings...I can’t describe it.”

“Glad you haven’t lost your silver tongue,” I smile, joining him in gazing out on the city again.

“He’s quite the smooth talker, especially with the ladies,” Changmin’s voice suddenly cuts in.

With a small jump, I turn to find him sitting on the bed closest to me.

“I am not,” Yoochun quickly fires back.

“Yoochun-ah, are you...blushing?” I ask, noticing a slight pink tint to his cheeks.

“No,” he denies, turning away.

“Aw, you are. I’m not surprised you’re a hit with girls. You were handsome when I met you and you look even better now,” I tease.

Changmin jumps on the other bed to get a better look at Yoochun’s face before gleefully saying, “Ha! He’s getting redder.”

“Yah! Watch my clothes!” Jaejoong yells from the doorway, hurrying in to shoo Changmin off the bed and smooth his wrinkled clothes.

“You know I’m not actually like that,” Yoochun finally says, giving Changmin a playful shove. “I just act like I am.”

“Yeah, he’s hopeless with girls,” Junsu says, flopping down on his bed.

“You’re one to talk. ‘You want me? I want you.’ Ring a bell?” Yoochun retorts.

Junsu lets out an embarrassed dolphin laugh and buries his face in his pillow.

I can’t help giggling in spite of my confusion. “What?”

“That was an example of Junsu’s brilliant English skills.”

“Aw, that’s so adorable.”

“See? I’m adorable,” Junsu says triumphantly, lifting his head.

“Yeah, yeah, but that doesn’t stop you from being ridiculous,” Yunho says, pushing Junsu’s head back down.

“What’s that?” I ask, spotting a bit of color peeking out from behind Yunho.

“Oh, this is my daughter, Bambi,” he says, bringing out a stuffed Bambi doll.

“She’s so cute, but...you do know Bambi was a guy, right?”

The others laugh at Yunho’s slightly baffled expression. “Chincha?” Turning Bambi to face him, he asks, “You lied to me?”

    This throws everyone into more fits of laughter. Yunho throws his pillow at Junsu, prompting him to jump on his hyung.

“Dog pile,” Changmin happily shouts, standing and jumping from his bed to fall on Junsu.

    Yunho tries to squirm out from under the two of them. He somehow manages, causing a struggle to not be the one on the bottom. Jaejoong and Yoochun get dragged in as well. Unlucky Yoochun winds up beneath all of them, completely pinned. I try helping him, but eventually end up collapsing of laughter on Changmin’s bed.

“Agh, get off! I’m getting squashed. You guys are too fat,” Yoochun groans, pushing at Junsu with his free hand.”

“Who’s fat?” Jaejoong asks.

“Probably Changmin. He’s always eating,” Junsu says.

“Hey! I’m not fat just because I eat a lot. I can totally take you down,” Changmin retorts.

“Hey, Yoochun-ah. Can you breathe down there?” Yunho asks from his position on top of the heap.

“No. I’m dead,” Yoochun replies, taking a dramatic gasp before closing his eyes ‘dying’.

“Yoochun! I’ll save you!” Jaejoong shouts, leaning down to give him the kiss of life.

“Gah! Get off!” Yoochun miraculously comes back to life and squeezes himself out to run to my side. With the base gone, the others spill onto the bed and floor, still laughing over Yoochun’s reaction.

“______, why didn’t you save me?” Yoochun pretends to cry, burying his face in my shoulder.

“I did try,” I protest.

“There’s no escaping us,” Junsu says, grabbing his hyung from behind.

“I know; I’ve accepted my fate,” he sighs with a smile.

My phone beeps, interrupting the scene. Checking it, I read Ayako’s message.

Are you home? Call me! I want to hear about DBSK!

    As I’m about to reply, I notice how the time. Realizing I don’t want to leave even though I’ll see them soon makes me realize these boys have already secured a place in my heart.

Yoochun notices my frown. “______? Is something wrong?”

I quickly shake my head and give him a smile. “Everything’s fine. I just realized I should probably go considering how late it is. You guys still have a schedule

tomorrow right? You need your sleep.”

He looks at my phone over my shoulder. “Wow. Is that the real time?”

I nod.

“But I don’t want you to go. I just got you back,” he pouts.

“We only have two days until Japan. We’ll see her then and you’ll have plenty of time,” Yunho gently reminds him.

“Exactly. We’ll have plenty of time in Japan and America,” I tell him.

“All right, I’ll see you out.”

“Wait,” Junsu suddenly says, reaching into his pocket. “I still have to give you Yejin’s number. Anyone see my phone?”

“It’s your phone. Why would I have it?” Changmin asks.

“It’s right here. I was sitting on it,” Jaejoong says, handing it to Junsu.

“That reminds me,” Yoochun says, taking my phone from my hand and typing something. As he hands it back he says, “I have a phone now. Here’s my number.”

I laugh. “Took you long enough.”

He smiles and waits patiently as Junsu enters Ye Jin’s information on my phone.

“Bye guys. It was nice to meet you. See you soon,” I say as Yoochun and I leave the room.

“See you,” they call, waving.

“I still can’t believe you found me,” Yoochun repeats as I grab my bag and we walk together toward the door.

“I can’t believe it either. Fate’s a funny thing, isn’t it?”

“It is.” He wraps me in a tight hug. “We can be real friends this time.”

“That’ll be nice,” I reply, unable to stop myself from snuggling in. “I still don’t have a lot of friends here.”

“We’ll fix that.” He slowly lets go, opening the door for me. “Get home safe, arrasso?”

“I will, oppa.”

“Good night.”

“Good night,” I say quietly, closing the door behind me.

    A warm feeling spreads through my body as I press the elevator’s down button. Somehow, I had more fun in less than a day than I have in my two months in Korea. I also managed to make new friends and find a lost one. All in all, a wonderful day.

================

Caribbeanpop17: I'm sorry I didn't get the update up in time for you, but I hope you're happier now. ^^

PurpleangelSJ: I may message you some ideas to see what you think in the near future. I had an vision-like moment, but I'm afraid of some parts being a little too Korean drama-y. Saranghae! <3

nar12345: lol, I love your comment. I don't think Junsu will ever grow up, but then again his hyungs aren't any better.