Do You Remember?

The Luck of Encounters

My hand freezes. “Fell in love with me?” I gulp.

Yoochun doesn’t respond.

“Yoochun? Oppa?”

His eyes remain closed, his breathing steady.

I feel a smile bloom across my face. Yoochun fell in love with me, I silently squeal.

    A sudden thought crashes my high. Was that really Yoochun speaking or was it the fever? Delirium doesn’t necessarily mean falsities though. It had to be somewhere in him for it to come to the surface.

Leaning down, I kiss Yoochun’s forehead. “You know what, Yoochun?” I whisper as I pull away. “I fell in love with you too.”

    Now if only I had the courage to say those words to him when he’s conscious. Still, Yoochun loves me! He fell in love with me.
 

“Do you think she slept like that all night?”

“Obviously, Junsu. She’s in the same clothes, isn’t she?”

“Should we wake her up?”

“No, let her sleep a little longer. She probably stayed up late with Yoochun.”

“But she’s on the floor, sitting up. Her back’s gotta be killing her. Yunho, even with your funky ways of sleeping you’d hurt if you slept like that.”

As I slowly grow more awake, I also grow aware of a dull stiffness in my back. With a small groan, I lift my head from the coffee table.

“I’m sorry, _______,” Yunho says, coming over. “Did we wake you?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe.” I slowly unfold my legs from beneath me and try to stand, but collapse back on the floor. “Ow.”

“You okay, ______?” Junsu asks, craning his neck to see from his seat at the counter.

“Legs went to sleep,” I say through gritted teeth, starting to massage my calves. “What are all of you doing up? You should be resting.”

“We got hungry,” Changmin explains with a shrug from beside Junsu. “I was going to make something, but then Jaejoong hyung rushed in here and took over.”

“Because you’d end up poisoning us,” Jaejoong retorts hoarsely, giving a weak smile.

I finally manage to stand and limp into the kitchen. “Oppa, sit down. I’ll do that.”

“But-”

I gently take the bowl from his hands and nudge him out of the room. “Go on.”

He shuffles over to the couch opposite Yoochun’s and curls against a corner. “Only because I don’t want anyone else to get as sick as me.”

“Have you taken the medicine yet?”

“Not yet. Do we really have to? It tastes bad.” Junsu sticks his tongue out.

“It’s a pill, Junsu,” I point out, scooping up the bottle from beside the sink. “There’s no taste and you have to take it to get better quicker.”

“I’ll do it,” Yunho says, holding out his hand for the bottle. He hands them out, stopping at Yoochun. “I guess he’ll get his when he wakes up.”

“He’ll probably sleep the whole day,” Changmin says.

“He’ll have to eat sometime.”

“I think oppa will wake up when he smells this,” I smile, gathering what I need. “How does toast and porridge sound? It should help your throats at least.”

They all nod or otherwise agree with me. Yunho and Jaejoong settle in front of the TV while Changmin and Junsu keep me company.

As I’m serving out the food, someone knocks and a few seconds later Mr.Choi enters. “How are you feeling today guys? Any better?” he asks.

“A little,” Changmin and Junsu say.

“My throat still hurts, but I think it’s going away,” Jaejoong says scratchily.

“His fever’s down a lot too,” Yunho reports. “I’m pretty much the same.”

“What about you, Yoochun?” Mr. Choi inquires.

“Shhh. He’s still asleep,” Junsu tells him.

“Sorry.  Okay, I managed to rearrange your schedule so there’s only three interviews this afternoon and then four tomorrow. Everything else’s been moved to next week. Think it’s manageable?”

“It’ll be fine, hyung,” Jaejoong assures him. “Thanks for doing that.”

“I just want you guys better as soon as possible. I brought some more shots too, but those will wait until before we leave. I’ve got to go check on some more things, but I’ll be back in time to give them, okay? Probably around two.”

“We’ll be ready,” Yunho promises.

“All right. I’ll see you later then.” Mr. Choi walks towards the door, turning to me just before he leaves. “Thank you again, ______. You really are a blessing.”

“I couldn’t do anything less,” I reply, ducking my head at the unexpected praise.

Mr.Choi nods and closes the door behind him.

“Noona, why are you shy about compliments?” Changmin asks as he accepts his bowl.

I shrug. “I’m not sure. I guess I just feel like...like they’re exaggerations. I’m not doing anything special.”

“But we are lucky you’re here,” Yunho comments. “And you’re taking good care of us even though it’s not your job.”

“You’re my friends. Of course I have to take care of you, job or not.”

“We still appreciate it,” Jaejoong smiles.

I smile back before I turn to Yoochun. “Yoochun-ah. Time to wake up, Yoochun-ah,” I say quietly, gently shaking his shoulder.

Yoochun’s eyes flicker open briefly before he shuts them again. “What time is it?” he mumbles.

“Time to eat and take medicine.”

“Why?”

“Because it’ll make you feel better.” I brush away some of his hair to feel his temperature. “You’re not as hot as last night. That’s good.”

“How’d I get on the couch?” he asks, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“You came in because you were too hot and fell asleep. I wasn’t going to drag you back to bed,” I chuckle, searching his face for some memory of his words last night.

“She stayed up with you all night,” Changmin says from over his tea mug.

“Thanks, ______,” Yoochun smiles.

“No problem.” I smile back, sitting beside him.

“Is that for me?”

“Oh, yes.” I quickly hand him the bowl. “And this too.”

Yoochun grimaces when I hand him the accompanying pill, but takes it without complaint.

“Now that that’s taken care of, I’m going to run back to my room, shower, and change. I’ll be really quick in case you need anything.”

“We’ll try to stay out of trouble,” Yunho laughs softly.

    
A few minutes after I return from freshening up and reclaim my spot by Yoochun’s side, a knock sounds at the door before it cracks open.

“Hello? Unnie? Anyone awake?” Yejin softly calls.

“They’re all up. Come in,” I call back.

Yejin comes in, closing the door with her foot since her arms are full. “Good morning guys, ______ unnie. I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner; our morning session just got out. Feeling any better?”

“Kinda,” Junsu coughs, hugging his blanket closer.

“Poor oppa,” Ye Jin says, quickly depositing her overflowing bags on the table before rushing to Junsu.

The others quietly snigger at Junsu’s suddenly worsened state, but Yejin doesn’t notice.

“Is there anything I can do?” she asks, checking his temperature.

“I’m not sure,” Junsu replies, coughing a little more. “I already took my medicine.”

“You should try this.” Yejin dashes back to the counter, pulling out all sorts of things before she finds what she’s looking for. She waves a packet in the air. “I stopped at the store and got a ton of stuff to help. Thank goodness a girl there spoke English. She said this works miracles. It has tons of vitamins and other stuff. I’ll go make it right now.”

“Thanks, Yejin-ah.”

“You’re unscrupulous,” Changmin laughs quietly when Yejin is out of hearing.

Junsu just winks.

“He’s learned from me,” Yoochun chuckles.

“You’re both ridiculous” Jaejoong says, shaking his head.

“Whatever works. Do we have to do anything today?”

“Three interviews this afternoon. Choi hyung’s coming back to get us,” Yunho tells him.

“Hyung was here?”

“Before _____ got you up,” Junsu says.

“Oh. More time for sleep then.” Yoochun lies down again, putting his head in my lap. He looks up at me. “You don’t mind, do you _____?”

“You’re fine,” I say, already started running my fingers through his hair.

“Why are you always monopolizing ______ noona?” Changmin complains. “What about the rest of us?”

“You’re big boys,” Yoochun replies with a yawn. “Yejin’s here too.”

“Like we don’t know who’s going to dominate her attention.”


    True to Changmin’s prediction, Yejin does end up mostly catering to Junsu and his needs, but the other three who are awake don’t begrudge him because it. Much to Junsu’s disappointment, Yejin has to leave before noon to go to her next workshop, but she promises to stop by again tonight. They all fade in and out of little naps with the exception of Yoochun, who remains fully asleep the entire time, but I take it as a sign of improvement. When Mr.Choi returns, the boys are well rested to say the least.

“Are you guys sure you’re up to this?” he asks again as we leave the apartment. “The journalists were very understanding and willing to move the interviews back.”

Yunho nods. “We’ve already been trouble enough for everyone. We’ll be all right.”

The others nod in agreement.

Mr. Choi shakes his head, obviously still a bit worried. “Tell me if any of you don’t feel well enough and I’ll have someone take you back to the dorm, arasso?”

    Thankfully, all the interviews go smoothly. The various journalists are very courteous, trying to keep the questions short and to the point. Despite their efforts, the boys are still completely drained by the end of the evening. Yejin’s already waiting for us when we return, food and medicine neatly laid out.

    I keep my laughter silent as I watch the exhaustion drop from Junsu’s face when he sees her, especially when he starts acting really sick again. Yejin fusses over him even as she helps me see to the others. Seeing the two of them together draws my mind back to Yoochun’s unexpected confession last night.

“Unnie? Are you okay?”

My hand jumps, spilling some of the hot water I was pouring into the teapot. I turn to look at Yejin. “Kinda.”

“Don’t tell me you’re getting sick too,” she says with a worried look, coming beside me.

“No, it’s not that.” I lower my voice. “It’s about Yoochun.”

“What about him?”

“Last night, he had a pretty high fever and I ended up taking care of him on the couch. Before he fell asleep, he said...Yoochun said he was in love with me.”

“But that’s great unnie,” Yejin smiles, fighting to keep her voice down. “Why are you worried?”

“What if it was the fever talking, not him? He was admittedly asleep for most of the day, but he hasn’t acted any different towards me. Maybe he’s waiting to see

what I’ll do. But what if he didn’t mean it?”

“Have you asked him?”

“No,” I say quickly. “Then he’d know I love him.”

“Not if you just ask Yoochun if he remembers saying anything. Hold on, I’ll get him.”

“Yejin!” I hiss, but she’s already gone.

Yoochun steps in the room a few seconds later. “Yejin said you wanted to ask me something?”

I hesitate. “Yes,...um, do you remember saying anything last night when you were on the couch?”

He thinks it over before smiling. “I vaguely remember calling you an angel, but other than that, nothing. Why?”

I smile to hide my disappointment. “Doesn’t matter. You said you were craving something, but I forgot what it was so I just wanted to see if you remembered so I could make it tomorrow.”

“No idea. I’ll let you know if it pops in my head again,” Yoochun laughs. “Want me to take that in?”

“Sure. Thanks.” I hand him the tray with the tea and medicine, being sure he’s out of the room before I let my smile fall. I expected as much, but it still stings.

Yejin glances behind at me when I come back into the living room, giving me a hopeful thumbs up. I shake my head, putting the smile back on my face.
 

===============

Annyoung lovely readers! So few comments this time...did I do something? =( It's okay, I'm just in a low mood and worrying about my visa still. Let me apologize again for not answering your comments on the second to last update. Maybe that was it? Please forgive me! *cute puppy eyes stolen learned Yoochun* Please enjoy and saranghae!

MewNikkiChan: She's getting there, give the girl some time. As for Yunho, I'm not sure how he feels, but right now I think he's just being his usual, caring leader self. Of course you can give Changmin a massage, you just have wait until I'm done with him. ;)

Jun_KOI_Mi: All in good time my friend.

nar12345: ke ke, flatterer. The fuzziness is prolonged.

cluv11:Aw, thanks!

ChinkyKayla: I liked the books more than the show personally. Our magnae's adorable! ^^

PurpleangelSJ: Oh yes, lots of things could happen. People say interesting things when they're asleep.

angelisabel: He is a guy. They do tend to have that problem, don't they? I can't really say if Chunie has a rival...

WhiteAutumn_x: Thanks! ^^

SuperSHINeeB2STJr: ke ke, that may happen...

KeiraYukiLee: XD yay for fangirling!