Sana's Friend.

Why Her?

The date was amazing. We cuddled, and kissed, and I don't think I've ever been happier. I really thought that Sana was someone I could trust, and I...I honestly sort of wanted to get married to her. I thought that it could end up going well. I didn't want to be in seperate cars while we drove home, but how else would both of our cars get to her house? We were on speaker phone with each other all the way back to her house, so I wouldn't be lonely. She kept asking me for details on what I wanted to eat, too...I was...yeah, I was kind of excited to be with her. Her cooking was amazing...and I was nearly drooling the whole way back just thinking about it. 

We arrived at her house, and she got out first. She ran over to my car and opened my door for me. 

"My lady." She bowed, making me giggle. 

"Thank you, madam~" I kissed her cheek. She opened the door first, but she stopped. I could see from behind her that her dad and a girl were on the couch talking. 

"Is he dating?" I whispered to Sana. She didn't respond, and she looked frozen. I could only assume that she didn't think that her dad would date someone. She looked really young to be dating her dad, though. 

"Hey, Sana!" Her dad called, and the girl stood. "It's Dahyun! You two used to be close." I grabbed Sana's pinky, trying to get her to hold my hand, but she was still frozen. 

"Dahyunnie!" She squealed out of nowhere and practically attacked the girl. I stood there awkwardly, fiddling with my fingers. "How have you been?" 

"I've been good, thanks! How are you?" 

"I'm awesome~ This is my fiancee, Tzuyu." She gestured to me and I waved awkwardly. 

"Hi Tzuyu! I'm Sana's...what would you even call it...?"

"Kind of girlfriend...I think... I think it was more like buddies-"

"What?!" I yelped. 

"It's all over now, but-"

"That's why you're so happy to see her." I felt tears pricking at my eyes. "You're happy to see her so you can have ." 

"No, no, Tzuyu, that's not it." Sana rushed over to me, but I pushed her away. 

"I'm sorry I'm young. I'm sorry, okay?! If you want , I guess I'm not right!" I sobbed, turning.

"Tzuyu, I wanted to congratulate her on finding someone!" "Dahyunnie" called.

"Congratulate her with ?!" I slammed the door, climbing into my car and driving away as quickly as I could. I was starting to trust Sana, and I could actually see myself being married to her, and maybe being happy. I couldn't marry someone like her, though. I needed someone who could control their hormones. I needed someone who didn't see me as a burden because of my nervousness about . I was a burden to her, clearly. She was so damn happy when she saw Dahyun. Probably happy to have again...disgusting. 

 


 

"What?" Dahyun asked. I couldn't blame her. The girl knew literally nothing.

"She's...ugh, she's just a kid, Dahyun..." I sat down next to her, and she patted my back. My dad was calling her parents, to tell them that I wasn't going to do anything that Tzuyu thought I was going to. "She's scared to- Basically, she wants to take it slow, and that's fine." She nodded. "But she...I couldn't lie to her. I told her that I had a few one night stands, and that I was a hormonal teenager...she was kinda upset about the fact that I would be her first, but she wouldn't be my first." 

"Where's Mina?" 

"On a date with Momo. They finally got together." 

"Call her!" Dahyun shook me back and forth. "We need her and Momo if we're gonna get you two back together."

"You think Tzuyu will take me back?" 

"I hope so." She sighed. "I'll call Momo, you call Mina." 

 

....

 

The plan was set. Mina would text Tzuyu messages, and flirt with her. She'd get Tzuyu to come over, and she'd explain what's going on to her. Then, Momo would call her and apologize for "breaking up" and Mina would accept her. Mina and Momo would then make a huge deal over how great it is to trust your lover and just be gay together, and I'd just happen to bump into Tzuyu and apologize and beg for her forgiveness. Perfection.

 


 

I was still crying over Sana a few days later. I couldn't bring myself to leave my room. My parents would come in and ask if I was okay, and I'd lie that I felt sick. I couldn't believe I was this obsessed over a girl that couldn't control her hormones. I hated myself. My phone kept indicating that I was getting text messages and calls, but I couldn't bear to look at her name...

"My lady?" A voice called after knocking at my door.

"Y-Yeah...?" I sniffled. She cracked the door open, and I saw it was Mina. I broke into tears again, and she entered, closing the door behind her. 

"I know it hurts...I've been texting you and calling you for the past few days, but you never opened my texts or answered my calls...I was worried about you." 

"Thanks, Mina..." I hugged her, and started crying into her shoulder.

"You know...Sana came up with this stupid plan. She was going to have me get you to come over, and I was gonna explain what's been going on...but Sana and Momo are close friends, and I think, because of that, they're equally dense about relationships. Why is my girlfriend dense? She thought Sana's plan would work miracles."

"I don't want to talk about Sana."

"I just want to tell you what's going on...for both your sake and her's. Please listen..." She started rubbing my back. "You don't have to forgive her or anything, but just listen...and know that I'm telling you the truth. You're my lady." I nodded, still crying into her shoulder. "Sana and Dahyun...they have quite the past. When Sana first came to Korea, Dahyun was her first friend. They were close, and Dahyun started getting close with me as well. She was the one who told me that Momo had moved to Korea, since her and Momo were pen pals, and Momo asked if she could live with Dahyun. About a year later, her family moved here as well. But I shouldn't be talking about my girlfriend...sorry. Eventually, they started clubbing together, and became buddies, as you know. They started developing feelings for each other, too. The problem was...well, Sana wasn't interested in Dahyun's lifestyle. Dahyun is a good kid, but she loved clubbing, and wasn't the most loyal girl. Sana told her that they couldn't date if Dahyun was going to be so promiscuous, but Dahyun couldn't give up her lifestyle as much as she tried. They stopped being buddies, too, since Sana couldn't have with her often and be expected to not develop feelings. This was pretty recent, too, because a week later, her dad told her that he'd arrange a marriage for her. He was worried about her life being out of control, and wanted her to settle down. She was upset at first, but once your mother showed her your pictures...She bragged to me about you. Not a single thing came out of that you couldn't say about a baby. She kept commenting on what an adorable smile you had, and that you were the cutest thing she'd ever seen. She was excited to cook for you, and she was practicing cooking ever since she knew that you were her fiancee. She adored you, Tzuyu, and she still does." I looked up at Mina, my tears starting to fade away.

"Really?" I sniffled.

"Yes, really. You were, and still are, Sana's precious little Tzuyu."

"Is she okay...?"

"Oh no. She's far from okay. She's drinking again, and dad and I can't get her to stop. She doesn't eat, actually. She gave up on you forgiving her, and now all she does is drink alcohol, sleep, cry, and vomit." 

"Oh...oh my god, Sana..." I covered my mouth in worry. 

"Yeah...she's always really liked you. You know, every single night since she first saw your pictures, all I heard about was how lucky she was until I fell asleep. All she would talk about was you. Not a single rated thing came out of , either. She was asking me what she should cook for you, she was asking me how to give a good massage, and when she found out you were eighteen, she panicked. She was really worried for you, and cried for you before you even met her. She knew you'd be scared, and she didn't know how to talk to you. She didn't want to scare you, and she wanted getting married to be as painless as possible for you. She was upset that you were getting married so young, and she was mad that you wouldn't have freedom to be a kid." I started crying, realizing all the mistakes I've made by doubting Sana. "Are you okay...?"

"No...but keep going...I like hearing about her..." I whimpered, sobbing. 

"She's -" Her phone started ringing. "Oh, this is part of her stupid plan." She answered it and put it on speaker phone.

"Mina. I'm sorry for breaking up with you." The voice on the other line said.

"Momo, you idiot, I'm not sticking to the plan."

"Why not? It was gonna work..."

"It's dumb. But you did well, baby." She hung up. "Sorry. thirty minutes in to our conversation, Momo is supposed to call me and we'd make a big show out of forgiving your lover...it was dumb. Sana's idea. Anyways, hmm, what else did Sana do...? Oh, after calling you the day she made you breakfast, you remember, she was crying out of happiness. She said you were giving her a chance, and that she was incredibly grateful. You became known as the angel around our house. She'd say that the angel did something, and she meant you. She was ready to worship the ground you walked on, and she was even mumbling your name in her sleep. She said she liked you a lot, but I knew she meant that she loved you." 

"That early...?"

"Yeah. She was crazy about you. When you first met at the dinner, she made me go out and ask what you wanted to eat. She said she couldn't go out there because she didn't think she could stop herself from hugging you and doing whatever she could in order to cheer you up. She thought that she'd scare you by hugging you...She even noticed that you seemed uncomfortable in your outfit, and she said that she wanted to get you a blanket to cover you up. She said you looked adorable, being so shy, but she felt bad for you, and wanted get you a blanket.

"She told me...She brought me clothes...She took care of me..." I whimpered. I felt Mina get off of my bed, and pick up Sana's - no, my hoodie. 

"Maybe I should wash this for her-"

"Give it to me!" I cried, and Mina handed me my hoodie. I curled up around it like a kitten, and cried into it, smelling Sana's perfume each time I sniffled. "Sana...I miss you..." 

"You wanna go get your girl back?"

"Yes...please, I need her." I cried. 

"Okay, then get changed, wash up, put on some nice makeup-"

"I want her now."

"Shower, please. At the very least."

"Is it obvious...?"

"Yes. Shower first, then we'll get over to our house, and you can snuggle your wife."

"Good." I sniffled, then grabbed her clothes and ran into the shower.