Fix It, Already!

Why Her?

"She thought you were a spoiled brat, but I cleared everything up. I'll tell you later." Mina whispered in my ear when she returned.

"What? Do I give off that impression?" I whispered back, grabbing onto her arm. She laughed quietly.

"Chill. I'll tell you later." She waved off my worry, making me even more worried. 

"Mina-"

"Flirt. I won't tell you anything until you flirt."

"I hate you." I grumbled, facing the front again. I saw my little Tzuyu eating out of the corner of my eye, and I couldn't help but steal little glances at my girl...until Mina nudged me with her arm.

"She'll think you're a ." She whispered. I rolled my eyes at her, and stared at my empty plate. I glanced at her, and noticed that she was almost done eating. 

"Do you think she'll want more?" 

"I don't know. Ask her." 

I looked over at her, as she finished up the last of the noodles. It was really good, and if Sana really did cook it, I was completely wrong about everything I thought about her. 

"U-Umm, Tzu- uh, miss?" She turned to look at me, looking startled. "Are you still hungry, by any chance? I mean it's totally fine if you're not, it's just that if you're still hungry or if you want more, there's probably some more in the kitchen. I can make more if there isn't any, we have the ingredients."

"I'm okay, thank you." She bowed her head. "It was really good. Did you really make this?" 

"I made it...sorry." 

"Why are you sorry?"

"I'm clumsy...so I don't cook that often. Whenever I cook either Mina or my dad have to help me. Mina helped, but she left me alone for most of it, so I don't know if it's okay or not-"

"It's good. I liked it a lot." A small and shy smile appeared on her adorable little face, before her eyes wandered to the ground, and the smile faded. "So...we're...getting married...aren't we...?" 

"Yeah...I'm sorry..." I truly was sorry. She was eighteen, and had a ton of experiences she could have, but she had to get married. Part of me wished she could have time to experiment, and get to know herself, like I did. Part of me wished that she could have one night stands, go to clubs and party all night, flirt with strangers - actually, it doesn't seem like Tzuyu was that sort. But still, I kind of wished she had the opportunity to do things like that. 

"Don't be sorry." She sounded sad, or tired. Her voice was low and quiet. 

"No, I am sorry." I lifted my hand to place it on hers, but I was too scared, and placed it back on my leg. I looked at her, and felt really really bad. Part of me wanted to cancel the wedding...she looked so down... "Come here. Let's talk in private for a minute." I held out my hand, and we walked to the bathroom, since everyone else was done eating, it wasn't necessary to ask to be excused from the table. Her parents cheered as we walked away, and I saw her hang her head. I really felt bad. I wanted to take her away from it all, but I knew that if I made her marry me, it would make things worse. I locked the door behind us, and motioned for her to sit on the side of the bathtub. I kneeled in front of her. I knew I'd probably regret saying this, especially since I was sure she'd agree...no. I'm not going to let her go just yet. It's selfish, I know, but seeing this goddess seated in front of me, I couldn't give her up without a fight. I sighed. "I...I really am sorry. I didn't know you were only eighteen. I assumed you were around my age, and I assumed that you'd be excited to get married, like I was. I'm really sorry." I felt tears stinging at the corners of my eyes. I hung my head, not wanting her to see me cry. "I really...I like you a lot so far. And I'm sorry if I'm not the kind of person you wanted, or if there's something you don't like about me. It's really rude of me, and I'm sorry, and you can hit me if you're upset, I don't-"

"Sana, no." She stopped me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "I'd never hit you. I might be going crazy right now, because I'm getting married at eight-frickin-teen, but I won't hit you. Please, don't even think about things like that." 

"Hear me out. Please." She took her hand off of my shoulder, and I continued, although I missed the comfort she brought me. "I'm gonna ask you something stupid. I know I'm an idiot. You can hate me if you want to. Fine. I just..." I took a deep breath. "Please give me a chance. I know this is hard for you, and I can't imagine the stress you're going through. Forget that we're getting married for a bit, okay? Please? Give me a chance as if I were asking you to date me- I don't even care if even the thought of dating me makes your skin crawl, I'll be happy if we can just get along and become friends. If we're friends when we're married, it's fine. You can see other people. I might want you, but that's selfish of me. If you give me a chance, and you don't like me, then tell me. I'll get my dad to break it off."

"Wait, you will?" She sounded so hopeful that it almost hurt. She must have noticed the effect her words had on me, because she quickly added on. "I just didn't think there was a way out- I mean, no, not like that, but-"

"So this is really that hard for you?" I squeaked out, trying to keep my tears from falling. 

"No! I mean, yes, but also not, like it's not hard, but it's kinda stressful. You know? I wanna tear my hair out because I'm getting married to someone I barely even know, but-"

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it would be this hard for you...I thought it would be hard when my dad told me that you were eighteen...I was planning on flirting with you at first, but once I heard you were eighteen, I felt really bad. I chose a different dress, and I was worried about you. I hoped I could show you that I could take care of you, but...I made a mistake. I should've realized you were too young. I should've told him to stop it as soon as I heard you were eighteen, but I thought-"

"Sana, it's fine." 

"No. It's not. Don't worry, I'll have him break it off tonight. After you leave, I'll tell him." I couldn't stop my tears, as they dropped onto the carpet. "I'll tell him to break it off. You won't have to see me ever again. I'm sorry, Tzuyu." I got up, but she stood up with me, and grabbed my shoulders. 

"Don't do that."

"You're miserable."

"Not as miserable as you are right now." She sighed. "Listen. I'm not exactly thrilled about marrying you, but...Mina told me a bit about you. Of course, I'd prefer to hear it from your mouth, but I probably wouldn't have listened to you until Mina cleared things up, but I kinda want to try this out..." I looked up. 

"You're not doing this out of pity, right?"

"A little bit. But mostly because, well...there's a chance that this could work..." 

"Really?!" I hugged her tightly, crying into her neck. "Thank you so much, Tzuyu! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll cook for you all the time, I swear. You'll never be hungry. I'll cook whatever you want. I'll be the best girlfriend ever, I promise. I won't ever let you down...thank you..." I felt her hesitantly wrap her arms around me. 

"It's...it's okay...I don't know if things will work, but, I mean hey, we can try...I guess..." 

I clung to her, not wanting to let go. She could still be my Tzuyu...I might not have to lose her.

 


 

I had a hell of a time explaining to my parents my behavior that night. Why Sana was crying, of course I wouldn't tell them the real reason, so I lied that she was scared of the possibility of being found by the Yakuza, and that as her future wife, I should know. After a lecture on why I should talk to Sana more than the maid, who is really not actually a maid at all, and a lecture on how I should have flirted with her more, and that if this marriage didn't work out they would force me to marry a guy. Great. 

- - -

From : (XXX) XXX-XXXX

 It's Mina. Sana wants to know if you're okay. If you aren't Chou Tzuyu, I apologize that I have the wrong number.

- - -

I almost screamed at seeing Mina's name on my phone. I wasted no time putting her name into my phone, and putting a little heart by her name. I still thought that Mina was incredibly kind-hearted, and probably the better choice for me in deciding who to marry. I wanted to ask her out if things didn't work out with Sana, but I couldn't get inbetween the two. 

- - - 

Conversation with Minaa <3

Me : Hey Mina! Is everything okay?

Minaa <3 : I wish. How are you feeling? 

Me : Fine...

Minaa <3 : ok good

Minaa <3 : Sana wants to know if you're having second thoughts. 

Minaa <3 : , I'm calling you

- - -

I picked up my phone as soon as it rang. 

"Tzuyu, she wants to tell her dad to break it off." Mina sounded exhausted on the phone. 

"Why?!" I yelped in surprise. 

"She said you probably don't want to marry her. I let her have a few- Sana! Get back here! I'll call you back, Tzu."

She hung up, and I laid down in my bed. I couldn't believe that I had such an effect on this girl who I barely know. I called Mina back, but got no answer...in fact, I didn't get called back for the rest of the night, although I stayed up all night waiting for a call...anything. Any news at all. 

 


 

"I'm not drunk!" I yelled at my best friend.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you drink. I'm calling Tzuyu-"

"Good! She probably has a crush-" I let out a hiccup. "-on you anyways!" 

She called Tzuyu, and started talking to her. I used the excuse to get away from her. I ran down the hall, and heard Mina hang up. I ran into my dad, making us both fall on the ground. 

"Dad! You've got to break it off! She doesn't want to get married!" I started crying on his  chest. "I'm hurting her, dad, I'm hurting her!" I screamed, hitting the floor. 

"Sorry, dad...I let her drink. I thought it would help..." 

He sighed. "It's fine. I would've done the same. The only thing we can do is put her to bed, and help her through her hangover tomorrow." 

"Why aren't you listening?! Tzuyu doesn't want to marry me! Let her go! I don't want to hurt Tzuyu!" I pleaded with them, begging for Tzuyu to be let go from the marriage. She didn't deserve this. She deserved to enjoy her youth and freedom. She should enjoy not having a wife to be responsible for. 

"Come on, let's go to bed, Sana." He picked me up, even though I kept hitting him, begging him to listen. "I'll take care of her, Mina."

"I got it...no worries. Girl talk, dad." 

"I'm not allowed to girl talk?" 

"Now isn't the time for-" Another hiccup, "-jokes, dad! Let Tzuyu be happy!" 

"Can you get her into bed, though?" 

"Of course." 

Soon it was just Mina and I in our room. I sat sniffling and crying into Mina's shirt, begging her to convince dad to let Tzuyu go. 

"Sana, you've got to give this a chance to work out. Please." She tried comforting me...when Tzuyu's the one who needs comfort. 

"Comfort Tzuyu. Please. She's just a kid..." I continued crying into Mina's shirt. 

"I can't leave you alone when you're drunk." 

"But...But Tzuyu could be hurting right now..." I continued crying into her shirt. "Please, Mina, please..."