I'm Too Young For This

Why Her?

"I'm only eighteen! I may be an adult, but-"

"No buts, Chou Tzuyu." My mother scolded. "Your father and I have even taken your..." She took a deep breath. I rolled my eyes, knowing what was coming. "..preferences..." She shuddered. "...into account. You're very lucky that we aren't forcing you to marry a boy." 

"Mom! I'm eighteen! I haven't even kissed a girl yet! How am I supposed to get married?!"

"If you'd rather, I know some rather handsome boys from Gangnam that would love to-"

"No. No, no." I sighed. "Can I at least meet her?" 

"Of course. There is no doubt in my mind and her parents' minds that you two will be an amazing couple."

"Why...? Is it financially...?" I braced myself for the answer. I was the top student at my school; we came to Korea so I could get more of a challenge than what Taiwan's schools had to offer. I wasn't sure what I wanted to go into for a career, but being either a veteranarian or a surgeon were the only ideas I had that my parents agreed with. Either way, I had a lot of university ahead of me, which would require (theoretically) a wealthy...spouse. 

"Of course that's a big part of it, Tzuyu." My mother patted my shoulder. "She's a wealthy girl." I shuddered. Yikes.

"She's going to be spoiled rich, then isn't she?!" I cried. "Mom! She's gonna be a brat! Why-"

"Hush, Tzuyu. It's for the best." 

"I'm guessing she's older..." I whined. 

"She's only twenty." My mother sighed. 

"What does she do for a living, then?" I gave in, although unhappy about the situation, I may as well see who I'll be stuck with for the rest of my life.

"Well...um...Her father was the boss of the Yakuza-"

"Mom!" I yelped, sitting down on the floor of the living room and crying. "Why?!"

"Hear me out. She has money." 

"Then what do I have that she wants?! Are you marrying me off for my body?! Is she paying you to-?!"

"No, no, Chou Tzuyu. Hush!" She raised her voice. "Like I was saying, her father was the boss of the Yakuza, but he made enough money during his time as boss to sustain a lavish lifestyle for another four generations. On top of that, he agreed to help the government for even more money. He told the government everything about his time as the boss, and told them every hideout location they had."

"So..." I sniffled. "I have to spend the rest of my life with an ex-Yakuza boss's daughter...who is probably spoiled beyond belief...and a brat...and probably has a fit over everything...and throws money around like it's nothing...and gets whatever she wants..."

"She's not bad. I met her before agreeing that you two would be married." 

"Why me?" 

"It's hard to find a pretty...um..." She looked almost in pain. "...homoual...girl...out there." 

"So...yeah, she wants me for my body. Or her-" I shuddered. "Or her father does..." 

"I told her about you. You'll make a lot of money as well, and you'll add on to their fortune. They like that. Well, at least her father does. She just thinks you're pretty." 

"The woman I'll be stuck with for the rest of my life agreed to marry me because I'm pretty..." I whined, curling up. "I hate my life..." 

"Well, she was gawking over your pictures instead of listening to our conversation." 

"Great..."

"You'll meet her tomorrow. Dress nicely, and be feminine. I know you...homouals...like to act like the other gender-"

"Mom, please stop."

"No. You won't wear a suit or tie or anything like that. Nothing masculine. You're my daughter, and you should remain as such."

"If I wear pants I'll still be your daughter." I grumbled, walking up to my room and slamming the door.

 


 

"I can't believe I'm meeting that goddess tomorrow!" I squealed, picking out which dress to wear. "Thank you so much, dad!" I hugged my dad, grateful that he set me up with the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen...not just setting me up, but getting me married to her. 

"Of course, Sana." He chuckled. 

"I never thought you'd be so open to it." I grinned, going back to my closet. 

"There's a lot worse that you could be, hon. I don't even care if you shave your pretty little head, so turning out to be a lesbian isn't a bad thing at all." 

"Love you, dad." I held up a dress. "Is this good? Or too revealing?"

"From what I heard, Tzuyu is a little on the conservative side. She's probably shocked to learn that she's getting married at her age."

"Oh, really?" I huffed. "Then I'll need to go a little deeper into the closet. I thought the whole point of us meeting was to seduce her~" 

"You should get to know her first." He chuckled. "Speaking of getting to know someone..." 

"Yeah?" I poked my head out of my closet. 

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"Dad! Tell me~" I used my cutest aegyo, making him laugh. 

"No, Sana. Now isn't the time." He pushed me gently back to my closet, and I dove back in. 

"Is this good- Nah-"

"Yeah." 

"Dad!" I pouted. "It goes down to my knees and it won't show any cleavage!" 

"Exactly. It's perfect for you meeting Tzuyu for the first time." 

"No it isn't..." I whined. "She's gonna be my wife! She should think I'm y."

"Tzuyu is conservative. You don't want to scare her off, would you?" 

"Of course not..." I held the dress up to my body and shuddered. "With some accessories, I can make it look a little ier."

"Make sure you cover up, though. If she gets any more scared than she currently is, the poor thing will be miserable." 

"Aww...you think she's scared?" I jumped up and down at the thought of my gorgeous and adorable future wife being nervous to meet me. I imagined her little blushing cheeks...

"Yes...unfortunately, Tzuyu won't have seen this coming." 

"My poor baby~" I jumped onto my bed and hugged my pillow to release some of the cuteness overload I was having. "Aww, I'm gonna take good care of her." I rolled around squealing, making my dad laugh.

"She's only eighteen, so yes, please take care of her."

"Of course! She's a baby~" I squealed. "Oh, geez, I can't even imagine. Being eighteen and then - BAM! - you're getting married...It's probably really stressful for her. I've gotta take things slow with the poor thing." I threw the dress I was planning on wearing away. "I didn't think she was that young..." I grabbed the most conservative, yet glamorous, dress I had. It went down to my mid-calf. It was strapless, but I would wear a pretty little jacket over it...maybe a mature color so she feels like she can trust me to care for her...a deep purple, maybe. 

"Maybe I should have told you that earlier...are you unhappy?"

"Of course not!" I gasped. "I assumed she twenty, too, but it's honestly adorable...She's gonna be so shy, isn't she? I'm gonna die of cuteness~" I flopped back onto my bed and continued hugging my pillow. "My baby Tzuyu~" I hummed into my pillow, ecstatic that my future wife was so innocent and cute and pretty and perfect. 

"I want to warn you, though. The meeting may not go well, since she's young and scared. I don't want you to get discouraged. Her parents and I have already agreed that you two will be married by the end of the year." 

"Okay, okay. I don't blame her. I'd be freaked out, too." 

"If it doesn't go well, we'll just arrange another one."

"What if I really really like her?"

"We'll stop arranging the meetings and you two can meet up on your own." He shrugged. "We just want to make sure that there isn't any kind of deal-breaking situation between you two." 

"How could anything about this goddess make me not want to marry her?!" I yelped.

"She wants to be a surgeon or a veteranarian, for starters-"

"That's so cool!" I jumped up. "Dad, I wanna go meet her now. Now! Now!" 

"Tomorrow, Sana. Tomorrow." He chuckled.

"I wish I could meet her now..." I whined. I opened my phone and looked at a few pictures of her that her mom sent me, practically drooling over the perfect girl.