Fixer-Upper

Why Her?

We had found a place, and visited it. It was incredibly boring to me; I liked the place and I wanted to move in. Sana kept asking questions, though. She checked the water pressure, made sure there were no holes in the walls...at first it was kinda hot. She was checking the pipes and moved the washing machine all by herself. The house was empty, but the washing machine was broken and still there. She was able to pick it up, and she had muscle. She wasn't ripped, but she had lean muscle. 

Where was I? 

The air-conditioning was broken, which Sana said that she'd fix. Therefore, the air was warm. Heat rises, you know? I was laying on the floor of the living room, since the floor was cool. Seeing Sana lifting anything else, or being any more adept at fixing things would make it even hotter. It was best for me to just lay on the ground. No heat. No work. 

Sana was happy with the place when we left. We actually were able to buy it that day. Sana would go fix the air conditioner when I went home, and we'd start packing our stuff to move in tonight. It was odd how quickly we could have the place, but it's because people usually have to take out a loan, and they also look around for a large house for their money. We wanted a small house, and we got one.

I liked it a lot; the neighbors seemed to have a strong affinity for plants. The neighbor to our right actually had a pet tortoise, which she let us pet. Her name was Jeongyeon, and she also had a wife named Nayeon. They also apparently had an indoor turtle pond. They were a cute, young couple, only a year or two older than Sana. Nayeon was a model, actually, and Jeongyeon was a physical therapist. I couldn't help but wonder how they met, but I didn't ask. I was too eager to cool down inside. The neighbors on our left weren't out, but I noticed that they had an abundance of flowers. 

When I got home, I dragged myself upstairs. My parents weren't home at the moment. I rested for a bit in my bed, almost falling asleep. I remembered that Sana and I could basically move in whenever we wanted to, and she and I both wanted to live together soon. We each had a key to the front and back doors, and we agreed that we could just move in whenever. I started taking my clothes out of my closet and putting them into a basket. I put as much stuff as possible into boxes and baskets and whatever else could hold them. When I finished, I had packed all of my clothes (except for the next day's outfit), all of my plushies, all of my books, and some of my pillows. I was too tired to pack the rest right then, so I decided to text Sana. She didn't respond in a text, but called me a few minutes later. I picked up immediately.

"Hey, babe. Are you packing?" I asked. 

"I already brought some of my stuff here, but I'm fixing the air conditioner at the moment." She was on speaker phone; I could hear metal clanging occasionally. 

"Ah, sorry, I didn't know you were busy." 

"No, you're fine, Tzu. What's up?"

"We have a backyard, right?"

"Yeah, I'm looking at it right now. Something you need?"

"That's all I needed. I'd ask you to check for holes in the fencing, but you're busy. I'll do it tomorrow." 

"You sure? I can literally just go out and check right now." 

"No, you're already working." I giggled. "You're the opposite of what I was scared you'd be. When we first met, I thought you paid your way through life, but obviously not."

"That's good, right?"

"Of course it's good!" I was grinning. "It's really attractive."

"Perfect~" She hummed. "I can be a bit- Ow!" I heard a loud clang.

"Sana? Are you okay, babe?" I asked worriedly. I hoped she didn't hurt herself...

"Yeah, it's fine." She chuckled. "I was about to say that I can be a bit clumsy." 

"What happened?" I wanted to make sure my fiancee was okay, but I was grabbing my car keys just in case. 

"Stupid pipe decided it needed another bolt to stay in place, which I was about to put on, but no, oh no, it just had to fall on my finger."

"Aww, Sana, you've gotta be more careful." I got in my car and started driving over. I wanted to make sure it wasn't broken, and make sure she didn't hurt herself any worse. "Are you still working on it?"

"Yeah...?" 

"Why?" I groaned. Why was she still working on it? "Stop working right now and put an ice pack on it, you idiot." 

"There's no-"

"Cold water." I interrupted her. I sounded mean, but I'd be there in less than five minutes, anyway. I could apologize once she was better. 

"I'm almost done-"

"I don't care. Run cold water on your finger or I swear..." 

"You okay, babe?" She asked. 

"I'm fine. You're not. Cold water. Now." I really want to make sure that she took care of herself. 

"You sound upset. But I'm gonna put cold water over it. I'll call you back."

"No. You stay on the phone with me." I sighed. "I'm not mad. I'm worried. I'll be there in about three minutes."

"Why'd you leave? You don't have to-"

"No, I do. You were going to keep working with a finger that might have a fractured bone. I heard the sound the pipe made. I don't hear running water, by the way." 

"Fine..." She whined, and I heard her walk over to the sink, where she set the phone down. "I'm running it under cold water, okay?" 

"Good. I'm almost there, babe." I pulled into the parking spot in front of the house, and opened it with my key. "Sana, I'm here." I called. I heard her footsteps running towards me. 

"Tzuyu!" She hugged me, but I needed to make sure she wasn't hurt. I just patted her back, then reached around my back to grab her hand. 

"Sorry for being mean. I don't want you to be hurt." I inspected her finger; I made a big deal out of nothing. It would bruise, in fact, it already was bruising, but there was nothing serious. "Oh. I, umm..." I blushed in embarrassment. 

"You worried for no reason." She giggled. "I told you I was fine." I hugged her tightly. 

"Sorry. I was worried..." I kissed the top of her head. "Why was it so loud?" 

"It mostly just hit another pipe." She kissed my cheek. "You were so worried, weren't you, Tzu?"

"Yeah." I held her a little tighter. "You should still run it under cold water, though, just in case." I let go of her, but dragged her by her wrist to the sink in the kitchen, and the cold water. I put her finger under the water. "You can never be too careful." 

"Thank you, Tzu. Lemme give you a kiss~" She cooed, making a cute kissy face, and I leaned down to kiss her. There wasn't tongue, but it wasn't a peck, either. When we pulled away, I gave her a quick peck. 

"Don't thank me." I chuckled. "Be more careful, okay?" 

"I will, don't worry." She rolled her eyes playfully. 

"I mean it." I kissed her cheek. "We'll never get any housework done, will we?"

"When we're together? Eh, we'll get some stuff done." She shrugged. 

"I just wanna kiss you right now." I couldn't stop myself from staring at her soft lips...the lips that should be connected to mine. I kissed her again, nibbling on her bottom lip a little. She giggled into the kiss a little, making me feel a little hotter. "I love you." I whispered inbetween kisses. 

"I love you too, Tzuyu." She pulled on my bottom lip a little. "Lemme finish up the air conditioner, okay? Also, you still have to wait five days." I whined in protest pouting. She giggled, then turned off the water, and wiped her finger off on her shirt. I noticed that she was wearing a tank top that showed some cleavage. How am I going to survive this? I let my eyes travel a little lower, and she was wearing really short hello kitty pajama shorts. "Babe~" She snapped her fingers, and I realized I was caught. I felt my face heat up when I looked back at her face. "My eyes are up here." She giggled. I whined again, wrapping my arms around her. 

"Five days is too long..." I purred, sounding as seductive as possible. 

"No, Tzu." She breathed. I could tell that I was getting to her, but she said no, and I wasn't going to force her either. "I'm planning something for your first time, so hush." She kissed my nose, and slapped my . "Get going before I can't control myself, okay?" 

"Fine." I pouted. She kissed my lips and smiled. 

"Love you, babe." 

"I love you more." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Nope." She giggled. "Now, shoo." 

I went to the door, but turned around when I got there. She was turned around, getting her tools back together. I could see the top bits of her scars; I turned around for some more eye candy, but I got my heart ripped out instead. I went back, and kissed the back of her neck. "I'll get going, okay?" 

"Oh, when are you moving in?" She spun around, then pulled up the back of her tank top. I guess she was sensitive about her scars...from what I could see, and it wasn't much, I could tell that the Yakuza and their rival gangs were no joke. If I remember correctly, those are from when she was kidnapped and whipped by another gang hoping to get secrets about the Yakuza. The things she has probably seen...I just wanted to erase them from her memory.  

"Probably tomorrow." I kissed her forehead, rubbing her shoulder gently with my thumb. 

"Mhm. I'll be here late tomorrow or in the afternoon the next day. You'll be okay on your own, right?" 

"I'll be fine." I giggled. "I'll just bring everything from my room, and do some grocery shopping."

"We don't have a fridge." She giggled. 

"But snacks." I winked. 

"Get some fruit, too, but no more than you'll eat in a day. You're not allowed to eat old fruit." 

"Yes, ma'am." I joked, and she stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Now, shoo. See you later, babe." She gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. "Text or call me if you need anything." 

"I know." I kissed her one last time on her cheek, then headed out. I heard her start working on the air conditioning behind me.