Morning News

Why Her?

I woke up to the sound of my precious fiancee snoring. She was nuzzled into my chest, sleeping soundly like the angel she is. I rubbed her back as she woke up, looking at me with glazed-over eyes. 

"Good morning, hon..." She grumbled, laying back down. "Mmm...you're warm..." She crawled up and kissed my neck. 

"Good morning, Tzu~" I giggled. "You're such a cutie in the morning." 

"Do you feel better from yesterday?" She mumbled into my neck. 

"Of course I do." I kissed the top of her head. "You didn't have to spend the night, though. I know you're shy."

"You threw up...I couldn't leave you..."

"I'll cook you pancakes, okay~ It's the least I can do to thank you for snuggling with me all night." I patted her back, but she whined and didn't budge. 

"Five more minutes, please..." She yawned, and I felt her hot breath on my neck. It was adorable...I could only hope that mornings like this would be normal in our married life. 

"Okay, okay. After five minutes, I'm cooking no matter what. You're too thin for your age..." I looked at how tiny her little arms were. They were like little sticks. The poor thing needed some more food. 

"Chou Tzuyu! I can't believe you didn't come home last night! You're in big trouble, young lady! No dinner for a week!" I heard her voicemail go off. It sounded like her mom's voice. I heard her whimper into my neck. I picked up her phone and called her mom back.

"Miss Chou? This is Sana. Sana Minatozaki." I greeted her when she picked up. "I apologize, I didn't realize that Tzuyu hadn't told you that she was spending the night with me. You see, I got sick, and she took care of me." 

"Oh. Really? I thought she didn't want to get married to you. I'm glad she changed her mind. I was going to have to have a talk with-"

"She's still a little hesitant, but I really don't mind. What I do mind, however, is that I heard your voicemail, and I'd like to ask that you continue providing her with all her meals. She's still growing, and she's a tall girl. She should be eating a lot at this age. I'll cook her breakfast, and maybe lunch if she stays long enough. But please, I'm begging you, don't take away her meals as punishment. She's just a kid." I felt Tzuyu kiss my neck, and smiled. 

"Oh. Yes. Of course. My apologies." 

"Thank you. Either she or I will let you know when she'll be heading home. I'll take good care of your daughter, Miss Chou." 

"Thank you very much. You've been very patient with her. I know she can be a brat-"

"Tzuyu has been nothing but an angel." I felt my adorable future wife kiss my neck again. I hung up before her mother could say any more. "I'm sorry, Tzu." I kissed the top of her head. 

"It's fine." She mumbled, kissing me again. She propped herself up on her elbows, and...

Oh...my gosh.

My little Tzuyu. My angelic future wife. My perfect girl. My most precious person. She kissed my lips. 

I may have screamed. And hugged her. 

"Sana~" She whined. 

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank-"

"Shut up and kiss me." 

And that I did. Her lips were so soft, it was everything I could have ever hoped for. Sure, she wasn't the best kisser, but she was inexperienced. She was incredibly tense, but I remember being the same when I started getting into romance. She pulled away quickly, needing to catch her breath. She was definitely new at this. I pecked her lips as soon as she pulled away, then leaned back and stared into her eyes.

"Everything okay, Tzu?" I brushed her hair behind her ear. As grateful and happy as I was thanks to that kiss, I was surprised she moved so quickly. 

"Thank you." She laid down on me again, and sighed. "She can be really scary sometimes." 

"What do you mean?!" I sat up. I was terrified. Of course I assumed the worst; that her parents were abusive to my poor Tzuyu. She giggled, and wrapped her arms and legs around me. 

"She always wants me to lose weight. She says my thighs are too big, and she'll take food away for the dumbest reasons. She's not abusive, but-"

"That's a form of abuse, honey." I buried my face in her neck and kissed her. "Lemme up please, cutie. I have to cook you breakfast. I think I'll cry if you don't eat soon." It was true. It hurt to know, or even imagine, that my Tzuyu has gone to bed hungry, or possibly gone a whole day without food. "Also, I don't know if I'm okay with you going home. I'm not going to ask you to marry me already, but...I worry about you, and you know that." 

"I  can go home. It's not a big deal." She got off of me so I could go make her breakfast. 

"It's a big deal, Tzu." I kissed her forehead. "I won't let you ever be hungry again. You'll never be hungry. Ever." 

She followed me downstairs, and I giggled at her adorable antics. I got out the ingredients as my dad came down the stairs in his pajamas. 

"Good morning, ladies." He yawned. "Sana's making breakfast, I see." 

"It's for Tzuyu." I stuck my tongue out at him. "She's still growing." 

"Ouch." He faked being offended, as he started cooking bacon. "How'd you girls sleep? Mina slept in the guest room, since she didn't want to disturb you. She told me not to bother you. She said that you were being cute." 

"I cuddled." Tzuyu spoke plainly, and sat at the table. 

"She was so cute, dad! You would've died!" I squealed. "She's just being lame right now." I stuck my tongue out at her, which she reciprocated. 

"I'm glad you two slept well. We have a big day. I decided the wedding day." 

"Really?!" Tzuyu and I yelped. 

"How soon is it?" I asked. 

"It's going to be in July. It's July nineteenth, to be exact. So, a little less than a month." 

"Is that okay, Tzu?" I looked over at her, and she seemed to be in shock. She got up and ran over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. 

"Please take care of me..." She whimpered quietly. "I'm scared..." 

"Aww..." I put the first finished pancake on a plate nearby, and used my now-freed arms to hug her tightly. "You know I'll take good care of you. You know I love you, Tzu." She hummed in response. "Listen. Whenever you feel nervous, just let me know. We'll talk about it, and I'll fix it." 

"Thank you, honey..." 

"And you know I won't do anything you don't want me to, right?"

"Yeah." She kissed my neck. "Thank you so much...my mom's right, I kind of am a brat-"

"Shut up." I pushed her away and held her shoulders. "Look at me." She slowly looked up at me, looking a little scared. "Sorry I scared you, honey." I kissed her forehead. "But really, Tzuyu, you've been nothing but an angel to me. It's fine if you're shy. It's cute. That doesn't make you any less precious, or any less fun to be around. Honestly, all you have to do to keep me happy is eat my cooking. You're not a brat. You're the opposite of a brat. Don't ever say that again. Ever." I hugged her tightly to me. "Please, Tzuyu. You're not a brat for being nervous. You're not rude for not wanting to move quickly. You're perfect just the way you are." 

"Is your mom telling you things, Tzuyu?" Sana's dad turned around, and looked upset. 

"A little...she wants me to...um..." She buried her face in my hair. "Can you explain...?"

"I got it, honey." I patted her back. "Her mom kinda hints toward...uh...I'll be honest, her mom acts like she's trying to get us to have . She puts Tzuyu in ridiculously skimpy outfits that she's clearly uncomfortable in. She says things like, since I'm an older woman, Tzuyu should...ugh, you get what I'm trying to say, right?" 

"Unfortunately, I do." He sighed. "I'm sorry that your mom views my daughter that way." 

"No! No, it's nothing to do with you." She turned around, but kept herself close to me. I put my chin on her shoulder and wrapped my arms around her little waist. 

"Thank you, Tzuyu." He smiled. "Stay here as long as you want. As long as it's okay with Sana-"

"Tzuyu can be here whenever she wants for as long as she wants. This is her home as much as it is mine." I cut in. "She's my fiancee, after all." 

"There you have it, Tzuyu." He chuckled. "What's ours is yours." 

"Thank you so much, sir." She bowed, and I laughed. 

"You're so cute." I patted her head, and got back to cooking. "The syrup is in the cabinet." She opened up the spice cabinet, of all things - actually, I see how you could get confused. There are a lot of cabinets. "Not that one, honey. It's the one next to me." And there's the plate cabinet. "Honey~" I laughed at how flustered she was. "Diagonal. Up and closer to me." Ta-da! Right cabinet. 

"Thanks." She was blushing adorably. 

"Sorry, I see how you could get confused."

"You have, like, at least fifteen cabinets! Of course it's confusing!" She defended herself, making me laugh. 

"I know, I'm sorry." I giggled. "Get to eating. I wanna make sure you gain some weight."