A Second Date?

Why Her?

"Yes?! Mina?! How is she?!" The phone finally rang at five in the morning...I couldn't have been happier to get news on Sana.

"She finally fell asleep. I let her drink - oh, and you don't know any of this, she'd kill me - so she drank too much, because I let her drink, but she kind of took it too far. I let her drink because she was really upset because she said she was forcing you to marry her, so she begged dad to break it off. He didn't, partially because I told him not to, and also because he could tell that she was obviously too drunk to think correctly." 

"How is she?"

"Sleeping, like I said. She'll have a hell of a hangover tomorrow." 

"Is there anything I can do?" 

"You can come over and visit~"

"Except that. I know she's not a total brat, but she kept looking at me yesterday. It felt like she was undressing me with her eyes."

"Tzuyu. She thinks you're the purest angel to ever exist. She was proud that you liked her food, and she thought you were adorable while eating her cooking. She said she wants to cook for you all the time, especially since you're so thin."

"She's even thinner than me, though!" 

"Oh, she'll be even thinner tomorrow. She threw up a lot." 

"Poor thing..." I chewed on my fingernails out of nervousness. "Should I visit, or would that worry her more?" 

"Someone is developing feelings for a certain someone, isn't she?"

"I'm not. It's just...well...I've never gotten drunk before, but it seems dangerous." 

"She's fine. She grew up with the Yakuza, remember?" 

"I know. Poor girl...I'll be over in an hour."

"You'll wake her up." 

"Good." I hung up, and re-did my makeup. I put on some nice clothes, and by the time I had my outfit figured out, it had been an hour. I texted Mina that I'd be late, and left a note to my parents, letting them know that they could call her father if they needed confirmation that I was indeed at my, uh...girlfriend's house? I got to her house, and rang the doorbell, tapping my foot impatiently. Mina got the door, and showed me the way to Sana's room. 

I felt terrible as soon as I saw her face. All I've done since we've met is make her upset and sad...but she looked adorable when she slept. Even without makeup, and tear streaks down her face. Her nose was a little red, and she was holding a cute plushie close to her, hugging it tightly. It was adorable. I kneeled in front of this adorable sleeping girl.

"Sana...Sana, wake up..." I cooed softly, brushing strands of hair out of her face. She slowly opened her eyes, and they were red. It broke my heart to see her looking so broken. "Sana, please, it's Tzuyu." 

...and she starts crying. 

"Tzuyu, I'm so sorry..." She hid her face behind the plushie. "You have to see me when I'm so ugly, and we're not even getting married, but you still feel responsible for me, and-"

"We're getting married." 

"Really?!" Mina squealed. 

"Really...?" Sana sniffled.

"Yeah. I kinda have to. If I don't marry you, they'll make me marry a guy." 

"That's horrible..." Sana sniffled again. "I'll be a good wife, I promise!" She broke into tears again. "I'm so sorry, Tzuyu!" 

"It's not your fault..." I sat on her bed, and rubbed her back. She cried even more, and Mina could only shrug. 

"You're too good for me, Tzuyu..." 

"Are you still drunk?" I asked, chuckling. "You're gorgeous, Sana. You were ready to break off our marriage for my happiness, and that was really selfless of you. I appreciate it, and...it honestly made me kinda sorta maybe want to marry you too..." Mina's scream probably killed the mood, but Sana didn't care, since she dropped her plushie and started crying into my lap instead. I brushed her hair with my fingers, trying to soothe her to sleep. 

"S-So...does this mean...there will be a second date...?" My fiancee sniffled into my lap.

"At least." At that, she wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I couldn't understand what she was saying, so I just kept brushing her hair with my fingers...and of course then, my stomach had to rumble.

"You're hungry!" She whimpered. "Little Tzuyu is hungry..." 

"It's fine...can I lay down?" 

"Yeah, I'll go make you breakfast-" I wrapped my arms around her as I laid down. 

"I can go make breakfast, if you-"

"Mina, you've been up the longest out of all of us. Sleep." I sighed, as I felt Sana fall asleep on my stomach. I wrapped my legs around her slim body, and used my arms as a pillow so I wouldn't have to move and disturb her.

 


 

I woke up to someone's belly growling. I peered up, and saw none other than little Tzuyu. My heart soared as I saw her napping on my bed. I nuzzled her little belly, which had apparently been my pillow for the whole night, and tried getting up. I looked down, and noticed that she had her legs wrapped around my hips. I tried as hard as I could not to squeal, but a small squeak still made it out. I calmed myself down, and snuck out of bed. As soon as I stood, I felt a pounding headache. 

"How much did I drink?" I groaned, rubbing my head. I went downstairs to get some pain-relievers and to prepare breakfast. It was about ten in the morning, so dad should be up by now to help. I went downstairs, and my dad was unusually happy to see me that morning. He got up off the couch and looked at me, worried.

"Are you okay, kiddo?" He felt my forehead, making me laugh. 

"Dad, I'm not a kid...Tzuyu came back last night...I don't know why, but I woke up on her." 

"Sana, you've barely even talked to her!"

"No, no, not like that. We were both totally clothed. It's fine. But that's not the point. Help me make pancakes, please?" 

"Of course I can help my daughter make pancakes for my daughter-in-law." He smiled, and got the ingredients together. "Ah, you might want to wash up, and maybe put on a little makeup. Your tear stains are still there, hon." 

"Really?! !" I ran upstairs, and washed my face and put on makeup as quickly as possible. I checked the clock, and only fifteen minutes had passed. I checked on my room, and Mina nor Tzuyu were stirring, so I ran back downstairs. "Ta-da!" 

"Alright, let's get cooking."

I made the batter, and, sadly, dad insisted on me flipping the pancakes on my own...there were a lot of oddly shaped ones, but he insisted that it was fine. We made many different types of pancakes, since we didn't know which kind she'd like best. We made blueberry pancakes, strawberry pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, apple pancakes, cinnamon-sugar pancakes, apple-cinnamon pancakes, and plain pancakes. We put them all on seperate dishes, and used seperate utensils and bowls for all of them, in case Tzuyu had an allergy. Then my dad's phone started ringing. 

"Hello? Yes, Miss Chou!" I ran up to him, wanting to know why my fiancee's mother called. "Yes, she's here. She's still asleep, but one of my daughters woke up so we made breakfast for the kids." I jumped up and down happily. "What's wrong? She seemed like she didn't enjoy last night?" He shot me a confused look. "No, no it's no trouble at all, really. Both of my daughters like having her over, obviously one a little more than the other, but still. No, Tzuyu's fine. She's a good kid. She's not causing any trouble. Do we still want the marriage? Let me double-check." He looked at me and I nodded vigorously. I remembered how I woke up this morning. Even if I don't remember what happened last night, she had her legs wrapped around me. She probably likes me at least a little bit. "Yes, Sana definitely still wants the marriage. They patched things up last night. I don't know, I was asleep. Alright, nice talking to you. I'll send her home when you need her, just let me know. Okay, thank you. Good bye, Miss Chou." 

"Was Tzuyu okay when she got home?" I asked him the moment he hung up.

"She seemed a little down, apparently. Also, they thought that because you cried last night while they were over that you had a fight." 

"Oh, yikes...I really like her, though dad." 

"I know, sweetie." He kissed the top of my head. We heard steps coming down the stairs, and saw Mina leading Tzuyu down the stairs. 

"Good morning!" I smiled at the two girls who slept in my room the night before. Tzuyu just nodded. She looked so tired that she couldn't open her eyes. My dad pushed me towards her, and I bowed to her. "I prepared breakfast...I hope it's okay." 

"Thank you..." She mumbled. "It smells good." 

I almost screamed at her compliment. "There are a ton of different kinds. Do you have any allergies?"

"I'm allergic to hunger." She picked up a chocolate chip pancake and started eating it. 

"Hold on! I'll cut it for you, and get you some syrup." I took the whole plate of about ten chocolate chip pancakes and started cutting them into small pieces. I brought her a bottle of Canadian maple syrup as well. "Do you want anything to drink? Or fruit? Or bacon? Or eggs? Or anything?" She shook her head, but when she took a bite, her eyes opened wide. She smiled as she chewed, and swallowed happily. 

"Actually...if you don't mind, I'm gonna need more of this." 

"I'm on it!" I squealed, turning on the griddle and making more chocolate chip pancakes for my wonderful and hungry fiancee. Mina stood next to me, eating her favorite apple-cinnamon pancakes. 

"Progress, huh?" She nudged me playfully. 

"Yeah. Big time." I almost jumped out of happiness. "She had her legs around me when I woke up!" I whispered.

"I know, I saw her put her legs around you before I went to sleep." My best friend winked at me. "Surprised your clothes were still on." 

"Shut up!" I stuck my tongue out at her. 

 

When Tzuyu was finished, and ate all of the chocolate chip pancakes that she possibly could, things were awkward again. I didn't know what to say. Mina was having an easy time talking to my fiancee, though. They got along really well. I felt a tiny bit of jealousy, but it was fine, since Mina was my best friend and practically my sister. 

"So, Tzuyu, do you remember Sana asking for a second date last night?" I watched her face turn to crimson, and I'm sure my face did the same. "You do. Good. Where are you planning on taking my unofficial sister?" 

"U-Um...mm..." She looked away, giving me a view of her adorable side profile. She had the cutest little nose. I put my head down. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. Just a little tired." I yawned, but covered my face. 

"So...yeah...that second date...I'll...Do you want me to get it together, or...do you want to plan something, or...dinner again? Maybe we could...umm, we could catch a movie if you wanted to. There's also, umm...I don't know...parks...if you're into walking..." I loved how adorably flustered my little Tzuyu looked. I wanted to kiss her so badly.

"Do you want to plan it?" I asked. "You have a lot of ideas." 

"I don't. I have no idea what you want to do." She confessed. 

"At least you're honest." I giggled. "I don't know what you want to do either, though." 

"Oh. Yeah, we don't know each other very well." Tzuyu fiddled with her fingers. 

"I'll figure something out. Don't worry." I loved being able to talk with my fiancee...it finally felt like we were getting married. However, as much as I wanted to flirt with her, and kiss every inch of that cute little face, I made sure that I always remembered that my poor fiancee might get stressed out if things move too quickly. She's only eighteen...still just a teenager. I was determined to make our transition into marriage as painless as possible for the poor girl. 

"Thank you so much, Sana." She smiled, then she got up. "Oh, I should get going...I, uhh...I don't want to bother you..." 

"You're not a bother, Tzuyu." I got up, and resisted every urge in my body that screamed at me to cuddle her right then and there. I never noticed how tall this "kid" was, though. "Are you wearing heels?" I giggled. "I never realized you were this tall." 

"Yeah...I'm kinda tall." She frowned. 

"You're still adorable, though Tzuyu~" I got to see her blush again, and it made me overjoyed. "Oh yeah, ummm...I might need your phone number-"

"Oh! Yeah, you probably do." She chuckled, and got her phone out. She handed it to me, and I handed my phone to her. I simply put my name in as "Sana", not wanting to scare my baby fiancee. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Tzuyu's name that she put in my phone. "Tzu <3". I bit my lip, blushing at the cute name she put in my phone. 

"Gimme your phone back~" I whined.

"I already changed your name." She showed me her phone, and my contact now said "Sana-ya~<3". I felt my face heat up a little bit more. 

"Th-Thanks..." I whispered, surprised that little Tzuyu got me flustered. 

"I'll see you later, Sana. I'll text you when I get back home!" She grinned and left.

"Wait, Tzuyu!" I opened the front door, and she turned around.

"Yeah?" She asked, and I stepped outside in my socks. She jogged up to me and gently pushed me inside. "Your socks will get dirty. So, what's wrong?" 

I blushed at her gentleman-ness. "Thanks...I...uh, is it okay if I hug you...?"

"We shared a bed last night." She crossed her arms. 

"...Right." I wasn't expecting her to hug me first, but she did. I nuzzled my face into her neck. She smelled a bit like my perfume. I don't believe I could have felt happier than I did at that moment. I wrapped my arms around her small waist, and sighed into her neck. I felt her jump a little. "Sorry, did I startle you?" I whispered.

"Kind of...? Not in a bad way, though." She lowered her head she she was closer to my ear, making me shiver a little. "I've just...I've never dated anyone I liked before. I only ever dated boys because they gave me candy, and I didn't know how to say no to candy." 

"That's adorable." I giggled. "I've dated girls before, but not with the intent of marrying them...until now, of course." 

"Oh..." She sounded a bit disappointed.

"They mean nothing to me now. Don't worry." She tightened her hug on me.

"I better not have to worry." 

"You don't." I let go, and so did she. "Get going, I want you to text me when you get home." 

"I'll text you the moment I turn off the car in my driveway."

"Perfect." I watched her jog back to her car, admiring her gorgeous body. She's only eighteen, so obviously I don't plan on doing anything, but it is nice to look sometimes, even if you can't touch. Especially since I'll be able to touch in a year or two. I waved goodbye as she pulled away, and saw her wave back, but she wasn't looking at me directly. Good. I can't risk her getting into an accident...poor thing.