Chapter 5

Will I Find The Right Boy?

The moment Evangel closed her bedroom door, she clasped her neck and her knees dropped to the ground as she gasped for air to breath. No. Not again. I just drank blood.  was burning, her eyes turning to crimson red and her fangs proding out. Wings stretched out as she lets out a deafening cry making her brother's rush inside. The seal choker around her neck shattered and fell to the ground. 

"Evangel!" Jaejoong cried and tried to go near her but got thrown back by the intense wave of energy that she's releasing. Evangel casted a look at Jaejoong before she flew out of her room. "EVANGEL!" Her brothers cried in panic as they pranced around before running downstairs, interupting their father.

"Father, this is urgent." Yunho spoke fast as he tried to calm down as he took deep breaths.

"Son, calm down." Mr Park sighed. "It's Evangel isn't it? The choker seal came off didn't it?" 

"How did you know?" They tilted their heads in confusion.

"I had a feeling but I didn't know it'll happen this early.

 

Meanwhile at the park, Evangel was in pain as she repeatedly gasps for air to breath as her sealed powers slowly came back to her. And slowly the memories she wished to forget slowly replays in her mind.

Back when Evangel wasn't in her true form, she was in a form which hid her true self. That time she had both brown hair and eyes. Ever since she was born, her mother never looked at her or paid any attention to Evangel. Mrs Park had always thought of Evangel as a monster and thus developed hate towards her own daughter. Mrs Park refers to Evangel as a cursed child. A child which she never should of had in the first place and repeatedly told her daughter that it was a mistake to have her born into this world. 

There were times she tried to kill her in ways mothers would never think of. She would sometimes hit her own dauther as well but her husband would try to stop her from doing that as Evangel's brother's would protect her. There were times Evangel had thought she wasn't meant to be born. Evangel was born with special powers, inheriting power's from both her mother and father. She was also able to perfectly copy her brother's powers by seeing it once and mastering it as she plays with her newly found powers. Everywhere she went, other vampires would show pity to her and tried to cheer her up.

"M-Mother!" Evangel screamed in pain. "P-Please. I beg of you, please stop." She begged as she curled up into a ball to shield herself from her mother's attacks.

Mrs Park fumed as her face turned red. "Silence!" Her nails grew longer and slashed Evangel's arms. "You cursed child! You monster!" She slashed her own daughters arm every time she cursed her child. "You should have never been born!"

Evangel was beginning to lose it. Letting out a deafening to scream, Evangel went beserk as her eyes glowed crimson red, her hair color changed, her fangs proded out, her nails grew long and sharp and her wings spreaded. She flapped her wings twice and circled around her mother twice before landing on a tree branch - hissing at her mother. She kept hissing at her mother but made no movements to attack her, yet as she sat in a cats position with her hands (between her legs) gripping on the tree branch.

"Evangel, don't be like this. Come down here." Junsu said softly as he spread out his arms with a smile.

"Get away from that monster!" Mrs Park screeched. "Junsu!"

"Mother!" Junsu snarled. "Our sister is not a monster!" He turned back to his younger sister and smiled again. "Don't listen to her. Come here."

By then, Evangel had calmed down and stopped hissing at her mother. Her wings stopped moving as she slowly put away her wings. She eventually jumped down from the branch and into her brother's arms for a warm and loving hug. As Junsu her hair, Evangel eventually turned back to normal.

"You're not a monster." Junsu said softly as he swayed from side to side and just like that Evangel fell asleep in her brother's arms.

Jaejoong came over and carried Evangel in his arms and nodded to the rest of his brothers as they headed up to her room to stay there with her for the night. Her brothers eventually fell asleep. Jaejoong and Yunho were sleeping beside Evangel, making her sleeping between the two while the other three had their heads rested on the side of the bed. Once Evangel woke up, she was greeted with the night's wind and the full moon. She tried to get up without waking them up until she lost herself again.

The five brothers woke up in alarm due to Evangel's pained cry. They tried everything they could to stop Evangel from going beserk but nothing happened. Jaejoong stood up and went out to find his father. Moments later, Jaejoong returned but Mrs Park was also there - holding a short silver sword.

"Evangel, try to calm down." Yoochun pleaded as he tried to pull his mother away.

Mrs Park was shaking. She was shaking in anger. "T-This is why," She muttered as she was staring at the floor. She then looked up with her eyes glowing bright red. "This is why you should just die and disappear!" She lunged at Evangel, pinning her daughter against the floor and raised the sword. Just as she was about to plunged it towards Evangel's heart, Jaejoong jumped in between in the nick of time and got stabbing in the back instead. Evangel widened her eyes like her mother. Mrs Park staggered back with her lips parted in shock.

"Jaejoong..." She whispered in shock and disappointed. "Why?"

"Brother...?" Evangel trembled once she saw her brother cough up blood. "NO!!" She hollered, making an explosion caused by lightning and fire mixed together. The room blew up, breaking everything and shattering glass to pieces. Just as she faints and collapsed to the ground, a seal choker was formed around Evangel's neck. 

Evangel sighed as she shook away those bitter memories. She wiped the tear stain on her cheek and didn't even realise herself that she was crying. Laughing to herself, she really did think she was a monster when she saw Kim Myungsoo, Lee Howon, Yoo Changhyun and Lee Byunghun from her class. Well, great. She thought. They started to chat amongst themselves but Evangel could hear it loud and clear.

"Is that who I think it is?" Changhyun gulped. "That's E-Evangel Park isn't it? The strongest, fearless, cruel and most dangerous S Rank Vampire in the Park Clan?"

"Yeah." Howon nodded slowly. "Wait, the Park Clan? Isn't that family where Jiyeon is from? And isn't the Clan called something else instead of the Park Clan?"

"The longer I look at her, the more she looks like someone we know." Byunghun shrugged casually. "And yes, I think it's not called the Park Clan. It's probably something else but I doubt we'd remember it."

Evangel dreaded the moment they decided to walk up to her to talk to her. That's some guts they have. She thought and sighed. Oh no. She looked up and saw her brothers calling out her name but the four hasn't realised it yet so she decided to leave.

"JIYEON!" Yoochun shouted by accident when he realised the wrong name he called.

"Jiyeon?!" The four shouted in confusion.

"Ugh... ." Yoochun cussed out loud.

"So... You're saying that the Evangel Park is... Jiyeon?" Howon asked.

"Yes." Yunho confirmed with a nod which irritated Evangel to the core.

She growled and grabbed Yunho by the collar. "You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" She hissed and shoved him back before escaping again.

Changmin rolled his eyes and sighed. "Nice one Yunho-hyung."

"I just can't tell a lie when they already found out the truth because of a certain someone." He stared at Yoochun who looked away and just whistled. He sighed and looked over to the four. "What we're going to tell you now, I want you to keep it just between us."

"Tell us what?"

"The reason to why Evangel's true self was due to a bitter past." He took a seat at the bench. "Let me ask you a question. If you were called a monster, a cursed child and that you should have never been born. How would you feel? And what would you do?"

"It depends on who would call us that." Myungsoo muttered.

"What if it was your mother?"

"Well-" Myungsoo stopped and thought hard as bittersweet memoried flashed through. "I would want to hide my true form and become someone else that is not really... me."

"Let me tell you something." Yunho firmly clasped his hands together. "Evangel had an ugly past. The question earlier was something Evangel experience when she was young. Our mother said those words to Evangel. She was called a monster and a cursed child. A child that should never have been born. There were countless times she tried to kill our sister - using whatever methods she could come up with. Even at the age of eight, Evangel had already inherited both of our parent's powers and as well as a special and forbidden power that is locked within her. 

What she is hiding now is her true awakened self. Her caring and loving side. It is true that she is what every Vampire out there fear but a side of her is also what many Vampire's have seen and experienced. One night our mother tried to kill her but Jaejoong got hurt and she went beserk. When she fainted, a seal choker formed around her neck and she sealed herself."

"Damn," Changhyun mumbled. "This feels like deja vu."

"What do you mean?" Yoochun questions.

"The only reason why the four of us get along well is because we have a similar past. It's also similar to your sister's past except for the fact that we were exiled from our own Clan."

"WHAT?" The five brother's widened their eyes in shock. 

"Y-You were exiled?" Jaejoong gasped. "That's going way too far."

"In fear that we would be exiled from the Academy, we too, have seals that keeps us from being in our true form."

"Which blood line do you all belong to?"

"We are all from the Silver Bloods but our Clan is slightly well known."

"Your Clan?" Yunho raised an eyebrow. "Will you be attending the party gathering tomorrow night?"

"Yes and we're not looking forward to it as we may see our Clan there." Myungsoo replied and sighed. "But the problem now is that we have to find your sister right?"

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded. "Let us go find her."

 

Evangel on the other hand was in a park. "Now they know who I am. They know I'm Evangel." She sighed and rubbed her temples. "Can things get any more complicated?"

"Well, isn't this Evangel, the rumoured S rank Vampire of the Park Clan?"

"Who are you?"

"Ohh feisty. I like that." He chuckled. "There is no need for you to know who I am. After all, you will die by my hands."

"I will die by your hands?" Evangel chuckled. "Don't make me laugh."

The 'Queen of Succubus, Lillian' is obviously not the Queen of Succubus was summoned by the man and had her attack Evangel. When she didn't even bother to counter-attack it or block the attack, three summons - an Ice Serpent, a Vampire familiar, a black Werewolf and a fallen Angel appeared before Lillian and knocked back the Succubus.

"Why aren't you fighting back?" Howon scolded as the rest arrived beside him.

Evangel just chuckles. "There really isn't a need to. He can't kill me."

The man chuckled as three more of his summons were beside him. "It seems like you boys want to die early."

The fight between Myungsoo, Howon, Byunghun and Changhyun was difficult as they had difficulties landing attacks on the summons and the man himself. Why would they go this far for me? She thought and closed her eyes. Water danced around her as she created little water butterflies and made them move over to the four and their summons which healed them before they disappeared.

"What?" Howon was confused as his summons went back to the realm.

"There is no need for you meddle in with my problems. Although I appreciate the thought. The past is the past. I assume my brothers have told you my past?"

"Yes."

Evangel smiled and snapped her fingers, binding the man's summon and preventing them from moving. "The one that will die is you." She smirked as she felt a little bit better. She closed her eyes for a second before opening them again. 

"Suzaku, King of Demons. I summon you from the depths of Darkness. Break those chains and awaken to your true form." She chanted as Suzaku, King of Demons emerge from below and stood beside her. "Lucifer, King of the Underworld. I summon you from the depths of Hell. Destroy those seals and awaken to your true form." Lucifer, King of the Underworld was soon behind her. "Yunfa, King of Shadow Lurkers. I summon you from the depths of Despair. Emerge from the shadows and bring fear to your enemies." Yunfa, the King of Shadow Lurkers and his followers soon surrounded the man, shocking him.

"I-Impossible!" The man hollered. "There is no way you can summon these Kings!"

"Nothing is impossible for Evangel." Changmin said as he teleported the four over to where he and his brothers were. "You should be fully aware of that, Gin." He then looked over to the four and sighed. "You best be ready to shield yourself."

"It's that dangerous?" Changhyun questioned as he cracked his knuckles.

"Yes. Releasing her full power can destroy everything in the radius of five kilometers."

"Gin?" Evangel mumbles. "Ah, you must be Joon's father. Like father, like son." She spat with hatred. "Tell me uncle, who sent you?" She kept her gaze on him which made him tremble in fear. "You don't tell me, I'll eliminate your summons. You tell me, I'll let you go."

Gin gritted his teeth, refusing to give Evangel any details. Seeing this, Evangel nodded over to Yunfa who then proceeded over to Gin's summons (along with his fellow shadow lurkers) and tore the summons apart. Once it was done, Yunfa retreated back to the Shadow Realm, leaving Gin fuming in rage.

"You!" He pointed at Evangel. "How dare you." 

"If you had answered, this would have never happened. It's your loss, Gin." She chuckled as she walked a few steps closer to Gin. "If you leave now, I will spare you and your sons life."

Leaving Gin with no choice but to withdraw, he threw her a warning glare before leaving the park. Once she had calmed down, the aura around her dispersed until she felt the inside of her throbbing in pain. She lets out a painful gasp, catching her brother's attention as she knelt down - her wings spreading out again. . This is not good.Evangel thought to herself. Why are these chains here? Jaejoong panicked but it was too late as black chains appeared and binded Evangel from moving anywhere. Why am I concerned for her? Byunghun thought. Is this feeling love? Or are these feelings worried for a friend? As Byunghun felt conflicted to decide what to do, the other three had the same thoughts. 

As Evangel forced herself to stay awake, she then realised what these chains were. These chains, these forgotten emotions that I've kept locked. I see. I'm free now. These chains of pain and loneliness but as well as the feelings of love and care that were locked up are now free. But why? She tilted her head to the side and saw the four kneeling down right beside her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Howon asked as he tried to break the chains. "What the hell?"

I see. The four of you have freed me. Freed me from the thought of loneliness and the thoughts of being unwanted. I thank you. The chains broke in an instant, leaving them utterly confused.

"What the...?" Myungsoo blinked. "What just happened?"

Evangel chuckled. "I thank you."

"Thank us?"

"Yes." She nodded. "You have freed me from some thoughts I've had from the past. These chains appears sometime, without the knowledge of my brothers, and they'll appear once I've made my decision. So thank you." She stared at them as she sat crossed leg on the ground. "What made you come here?"

Byunghun scratched the back of his head. "I don't know." He confessed. "I seriously don't know what this feeling I'm feeling."

"I'm sure you'll find out soon."

"Can we be friends?" Changhyun asked with a pout (regardless of what just happened).

"Sure."

"Woah, hold up a second." Jaejoong interupted. "You're saying this has happened to you before?"

"Yes."

"And you didn't inform us?" 

"It would be such a hassle to do so."

"But we're family!"

"Yes but you wouldn't be able to do anything. The chains come and go as it pleases until I've accepted the past. I suppose I have now that I see a brighter future." She smiled and stood up. "Now that I'm free and fine. Let's head home." She glanced at the four and pointed at them. "You know my past and it's fair if I know yours." She grinned.