Chapter 18

Will I Find The Right Boy?

Italic bold = telepathy conversation

Evangel woke up when the blinding sun hit her face. She groaned and sat up, squinting her eyes as she slowly adjusts to the bright light. Eva looked to the right and sighed. If Yura was here, then she'll be hugging Yura right now. But Yura isn't here. She's in Earth, with her mother after getting her memories back. She knows that Earth will be safe if there is another attack from creatures as there are those special hunters there, Super Junior and Yura are there as well, so Eva has nothing to worry about.

With a sigh, she got out of her bed and went to wash up. Eva felt a little emtpy without Yura beside her but she had to live with it from now on. With another sigh, she headed downstairs.

"You're back?" Yunho said, taking a sip of his blood as his father poured more for him. "Thanks dad."

Eva absent mindly responded and teleported onto the rooftop. Her siblings and father looked at her, questioning her behaviour. Shin and Rey appeared just time for them to ask questions.

"Ah. Because Yura isn't here." Rey said softly, looking up at the ceiling.

"What do you mean?" Hyuna asked, tilting her head to the side.

"After she killed Shinhwa.. Yura's memories of her mother and her younger brother returned. Therefore, Yura is staying with her mother on Earth, with her brothers namely, members of Super Junior." Shin explained with a sigh.

"It must be hard for her to adjust without Yura beside her." Rey said softly.

"Ah, I see." Mr Park said with a soft sigh.

Eva teleported back to the kitchen and poured herself half a cup of blood and drank it in oneshot. She looked up and saw her father and brothers and sisters looking at her. She tilted her head to the side.

"Don't give that look. I'll be fine." She rolled her eyes.

"Alright. Hurry up. You don't have all day. Get to school already!" Mr Park said.

"But you're not."

"Shut up. I'm the principle!" He reasoned.

All of his children rolled their eyes at him before teleporting to school.

"Some kids they are." He muttered and looked up. "Excluding you Eva." He smiled.

"Psh." Eva joked before sticking her tongue out and left the kitchen.

"Maybe I'll take that back." He shook his head with a smile and went to school.

 

Eva was already in her class, sitting far in the corner of the room. It's been exactly a month she left her world and went to Earth, home to humans. Loud chattings from other students became louder. Eva looked up and saw her classmates walk in.

Hoya, L, Ricky and L.Joe immediately went straight over to Evangel and sat down in front of her. Ricky waved his hands in front of Eva who was zoning out.

"Eva." Hoya called out.

"Huh?" Eva said, snapping out of her daze and looked at the four boys in front of her.

"What?"

"Where were you for the last four months?" L asked.

"Oh.. Earth."

"EARTH!?" L.Joe and Ricky hollered.

The other students snapped their heads to the five of them upon hearing the word Earth. Eva nodded.

"Just some business to be settled."

"Um.. where's.. Yura?" Ricky asked cutely as he blinked at Evangle, making her smile.

"Yura is with her mother on Earth."

"Oh.." Ricky pouted.

"Why?"

"I wanted to play with her."

"You can. If you visit Earth."

Ricky brightened up. "Yeah! I can do that. But you have to come with me~" He said with a little aegyo.

"Alright. Everyone listen up." Jaejoong clapped his hands, making everyone stop what they were doing and turned around to face Jaejoong.

"You all know that it's that time of the year again don't you?"

"YES!"

"What?" Eva and her step-siblings said in unison.

"Ah. Since Eva and the others don't know. I'll explain to you later." Jaejoon grinned.

Evangel rolled her eyes but nonetheless continued to listen.

"Sir, which academy are we fighting against?" Sunhwa asked.

"Shuou Academy."

"WHAT!?" The whole class hollered.

"B-but, Shuou is last years Champion!" Ricky reasoned.

Eva blinked at Hoya, asking for an explanation.

"Later." He mouthed.

Eva pouted and turned back to Jaejoong.

"There have been a few changes though."

"What is it?" Dongwoo asked, raising his hand up.

Jaejoong grinned, "This time, only the S ranked classes will be going against each other."

"Damn, we're screwed!" Chunji hollered, gripping his hair.

"Be quiet, Chunji." L.Joe said smacking the back of his head.

"The fu-"

"Chunji, language." Jaejoon said sternly.

"It was suppposed to be Shuou Academy but, our S ranked class will be fighting against other Academies as well."

"And which academy? Please don't tell me they're the Top 5 academies?" Hyosung said softly.

"I'm afraid so." Jaejoon said.

"OH MY GOD. WE'RE DOOMED!" Minhyuk said, clutched his hair.

"I'm not finished yet. This time round, you can choose to go solo, pair up or be in groups of 5. All of the S ranked classes will be joined to compete against the Top 5 academies. It'll be drawed ramdomly to make it fair."

"So both of the S ranked classes in this academy will be in this competition?" Hyejeong asked.

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded. "As I'm speaking, I'm sure Yunho's class are picking their partners as a group or pair or even going solo. Therefore I want all of you to form pairs or groups of 5 now and think of a name for you group. By the time I get back, everyone should either be solo, in a pair or in a group of 4-5." Jaejoong said before leaving the class room.

The classroom buzzed with noises as friends get together and decided on their group names.

"Damn it. Which mean us seven can't be one group." Sunggyu cursed.

Infinite and Teen Top were all sitting around Evangel who was just staring ahead. She already understood what the competition was about just by hearing about it.

"So who are the Top 5 academies?" Eva asked.

"Number 1 is Shuou Academy. #2 is Miran Academy, #3 is Touka Academy, #4 is Nanyou Academy and #5 is Tousakou Academy." Sungjong replied with a sigh. "We, Youkai Academy are ranked 7th."

"It might change though." Eva said with a slight smirk.

"Why?" Changjo asked.

"Because I'm here?"

"Oh right!" L said clapping his hand.

"Anyways about the group pairing thing." C.A.P said with his deep voice.

"Well, first things first. I'm going solo." Eva said flatly.

"Of course." Ricky said doing aegyo to Eva, in response she smiled at flicked his head.

"Quit doing that." She joked.

"But, the Top 5 S rank classes... are well damn strong. Haven't fought against them yet but I've heard from the A ranked classes." Sungyeol shuddered. "One of our students were in shock and didn't attend class for 6 whole months."

"Holy ." Chunji cursed.

"JaeJoong oppa"

"What?"

"Give me the files on the S ranked class of the Top 5 academies."

"Fine. I'll give it to you when we get home."

"Thanks~"

"Evangel!" L raised his voice.

"What?"

"You were zoning out."

"No I wasn't. I was talking to Jaejoong via telepathy."

"Oh.." They all said

"So how are you going to divide yourself up?" Eva asked as she scanned the room.

All of the students have already formed groups, there were only 9 pairs and Eva as the only one going solo. Soon, both Infinite and Teen Top decided to pair up. Jaejoong came back and soon all the solos, pairs and groups were finalized. In the end the groups were SHINee, 4Minute, MyName, Secret, Black Fangs, Jinx and Unknowns. The pairs were, Sunggyu and Woohyun, L and Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo, Sungjong and Hyukjin, Chunji and L.Joe, Niel and C.A.P, Changjo and Ricky, Minhyuk and Daejong, Minjeong and Hyejeong. Evangel was the only one going as solo.

 

::competition day::

All the academies were present at the battle venue. All academies that weren't participating were sitting in the collosseum. The seats were all filled with other academies and as well as Youkai Academy. All the teams participating were sitting in the own place just outisde the fighting platform so that they can also watch the fight. The S rank classes of Youkai Academy were sitting just beside Shuou Academy. 

A total of 7 academies with their S ranked classes participating. Most of the schools were anticipating the Top 5 academies. What they don't know was that the ranking's were going to be changed.

"Welcome to the 5th year of this competition. It's been five years since this competition has started between the schools. However, this is the first time we have seen the S ranked classes battle each other. Allow me to introduct myself." The judge cleared his throat. "My name is Choi Seungji. Today, along with each other school's prinicple's, I'll be joining them as the jugdes."

As students start to get excited, the noise of chattering became louder.

"Please be quiet." Seungji cleared his throat once more. "To make everything fair. The line ups will be drawn out randomly. All groups, pairs and solo participants will be drawn randomly. The two drawn out will be then come onto this platform and battle it out. You may battle it out however you want, however you will be immediately disqualified if you try to kill your opponent. There is no limit in how many summons you have. That is all. I'll will now hand over to Mr Kang, the principle of Shuou Academy."

Mr Kang walked up to Seungji and took the mic from him. He cleared his throat before speaking into the mic.

"Shall we start the competition?" He asked.

The audiences immediately shouted yes and started to cheer uncontrollably. Mr Kang chuckled.

"We shall start the draw."

A monitoring screen was then lit up, each direction of the collosseum could see the screen that was big enough to view the whole battle platform. All the group names, pairs and solo's were running through the screen at random. The first participant name appeared on the screen, as the crowd erupted in loud cheers.

"Aw ." Sunggyu cursed.

"First pair battle we have is~" The crowds cheers got louder. "The WooGyu pair from Youkai Academy. Sunggyu and Woohyun~!"

"WOO~!! GO SUNGGYU! GO WOOHYUN!" Loud constand cheering from the students of Youkai Academy were the loudest.

"And their opponent is~"

The next participant name appeared on the screen.

"." Woohyun muttered.

"IlJae pair from Raiou Academy. Ilhoon and Sungjae~!"

"Can the two pairs make their way to the middle of the platform."

"Good luck!" JaeJoong's and Yunho's students said.

Sunggyu and Woohyun took deep breaths before going up the platform. There they meet Ilhoon and Sungjae. The four meet as they glare down at each other.

"Woohyun."

"Yeah?"

"Let's not fight just yet and observe what these guys got."

"Alright. Sounds good to me."

"Are both of you ready?" Mr Kang said as he sat back at his seat.

The pairs nodded, still glaring down at each other. Mr Kang looked at them before grinning.

"READY~ FIGHT!"

The bell went off. Neither of them moved as they held a glaring battle.