❀ Chapter 4: Let's Play ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh." 

You were obviously gaping at him like Patrick the Star. 

"Sehun." He nodded at you while pointing at himself. 

"Huh?" 

You seemed like a ert girl who drools over drop-dead gorgeous men.

"Aww. Such a killjoy. I was trying to make a joke." Sehun chukled as he walked towards you. After one minute, you finally got what he was trying to say. You smiled awkwardly. Sorry to say, but you're a slow person.

"What're you doing here? You're buying something for your girlfriend?" You asked.

It's possible, right? With his handsome face, slender body that you almost felt insecure with his flat stomach, his eyes that can kill, his nose that can cut you into pieces, his lips that looks so thin but looks so soft and his gigantic height, he can get whoever he wants. 

"I'm just roaming around before going to work. How can you say that I have a girlfriend?" He chuckled as he looked at you. You gulped and focused on the bears in front of you.

"W-well, don't you?"

"I don't."

Yes!

You mentally face-palmed yourself for your shameless flirt side.

"You like bears?" He asked as he grabbed one of the white ones in front of him. You glanced at him again before looking around.

"Yep. They're like the third best things I've ever seen." You said, walking to the other racks of pink bears with glasses. 

"Third? What's the second then?" Sehun asked, following you like a puppy.

"Food." You quickly answered without any signs of hesitation. Sehun looked at you, as if asking if you're serious. You looked back at him and grinned. He laughed, almost wiping the forming tears in his eyes.

"What? You don't understand girls, Mr. Oh." 

"Hmm. Actually I do. I have a sister who always bothers me about candies." He shook his head, as if he doesn't even want to remember it. 

"Really? She must be a good companion then?" You asked while going to a jar full of bear keychains.

"Why'd you say so? She's annoying." Sehun scoffed.

"Well, anyone who likes eating candies must be hyper. The sweetness of the candies makes people crave for more and get active. Trust me, I know that too." You answered as you thought of your friend, Tiffany.

"Anyway, what's the best thing you've ever seen?" 

The question struck you in the heart. You flinched as you felt the familiar pain in your chest. 

What's the best thing.... I've ever seen?

"Uhm..."

*Ring *Ring

You jumped as you heard your phone rang. You quickly grabbed your phone from your jacket and saw Joohyuk's name on top.

"Hyuk." You answered after sighing. Knowing what was coming.

"Where the heck are you?! I've been searching for you everywhere! It's almost 2--"

There you go, Mommy Hyuk is here.

"Yah! Can you not shout?! I'm not deaf, okay?! Calm your horses!" You shouted back. You heard a stifled laugh from behind. You turned around and saw that everyone in the shop was looking at you and Sehun was red, maybe because he's trying not to laugh at you.

"Sorry." You bowed quickly as you turned back again.

"Let's just meet at the fountain, okay?" You mumbled, just enough for him to hear.

"Okay fine." Joohyuk said, you can even imagine him pouting. You shivered as you hung up.

"So, what was that?" 

You looked at Sehun and scratched the back of your head. 

"That was my best friend. He was worried when I was nowhere in his sight. He said he was searching for a while now so he panicked." 

"Ah. Your best friend has horses?" Sehun said with his poker face on. You furrowed your brows as you got weirded out by what he said.

"Aww come on. You didn't get it again? I was trying to make a joke for the second time." Sehun said, whining at you. You smiled at him and nodded.

"I'm sorry. Thank you for talking to me. It's nice to see you here... With the bears and other cute things." You chuckled as you gestured around you. Sehun smiled, his eyes forming into half-crescent moons. 

Ghad, that was deadly.

"Same here, y/n. I'd like to see you again."

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

You stared at your phone as you sat on the bus with Joohyuk.

"Your phone might die with your gaze." 

You blinked and looked at Joohyuk beside you. He tried peeking on your phone but your reflexes were fast like an ability of Flash. (Ooh, that rhymed!)

"It—It's nothing!" You said too suspiciously. Joohyuk glared at you as he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Is it going to be like this? You're gonna hide something from me? And what? One day, I'll just wake up without you on my side. I'm going to be alone and-- aww!"

You pinched his nose. 

"You're being too dramatic." You said as you hid your phone back to your pocket.

"I'm just being an observant best friend. So, what happened earlier? Where'd you go?" Joohyuk asked as he leaned his head on your shoulder even if you're so much shorter than him. He'll get a stiffed neck later on.

"I was just checking out cute bears on the shop we saw earlier. You're so oblivious when I got in, not even bothering to check the store in front of you. Tsk tsk." You sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter