❀ Chapter 19: He Lied ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days after your dinner with your family, you always got morning, afternoon and night calls from them. 

It is overwhelming.

"Goodmorning, noona!"

You cringed at the attempt of your little brother of making his voice in high pitch. 

"G-Goodmorning, Tae. Why so early?" You rubbed your eyes as you slowly stretched your arms. 

Obviously, you just woke up.

"Aunt Ji Hyo wants to have lunch together with you. She told me to call you and invite you today."

"T-Today? B-But I have a morning shift—"

"Hehe. She already talked to your manager, noona. Kim Jongdae, right?"

You groaned.

"I forgot how many times I've already asked him for an early dismiss or changing shifts. I'm in debt to him." You sighed, standing up as you combed your hair with your fingers.

"He seems nice though. Does that guy likes you, noona? You seem to get away with anything—"

"Yah! Jongdae-ssi already has a girlfriend and is really serious about her. He's just purely generous, Tae." You scratched the back of your neck as you went to the bathroom to wash your face.

"Yeah right. Anyway, I'll just text you where we'll meet later, noona!" 

"Wait, what ti—" 

"Annyeong!"

You cursed as the line went dead, irritating you with the sound. 

"That kid." You muttered, putting your phone down on the counter when it made a sound, indicating a new message.

7:34 am

From: Tae Dongsaeng

Meet at Winter Heat Café, 1:00pm! <3

"Winter Heat..."

This was where Kai and I ate lunch before.

You quickly shook your head and was about to take a shower when someone knocked on your door.

"Argh." You groaned in frustration as you walked towards the door.

"What—"

"Goodmorning, baby." Kai leaned in for a kiss when you moved away from his face. He pouted. 

"What's your business here, dancer?" You asked, grasping at the door knob.

"We're going on a date." 

Your eyes hardened at his announcement.

"Who told you?" You snapped.

"Me. Please?" Kai took your other hand before kissing it with glimmering eyes.

. Not those eyes. 

He's totally acting normal as if nothing happened. Going back to last two days ago, you told somethings that are confusing and not really nice.

"Stop, Kai! You can't just do everything you want."

"What do you even think of me? A kissing booth?" 

"I-I don't even know what this mean."

But here he is, still smirking like he wasn't affected by any of it.

"I have somewhere to go later, so I can't." You said, managing to find your voice. Kai frowned, letting go of your hand. You almost whined at the loss of warmth on your hand. 

He put his hands on his waist as his eyes turned into crescents.

"Where are you going? Who are you going with? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He questioned as he glared at you. You cleared your throat. 

"Will you stop asking continuously?" You replied, rolling your eyes. "I'm meeting my father's fiancé and my brother for lunch at 1. Taeyong informed me just a little while ago, so I didn't know about it. That's why I can't go—"

"It's still early, babe. We have..." Kai glanced at the clock near your table. "...almost 5 hours before 1. I'll wait downstairs, baby. Dress nicely, okay?" 

Kai winked before walking out of your sight.

You just continued gapping at him when he suddenly went back in front of you. 

"I forgot something." He said, making you tilt your head in confusion.

"Wha—"

Kai gently pecked your lips before grinning at your blushing self.

"My goodmorning kiss." 

When he was totally out of your sight, your hands automatically went to your wet lips.

He kissed me.

Well, it's not like it's the first time but you were still flustered at his boldness.

"Oh my ghad." You mumbled, closing your door before going back to the bathroom to take a shower.

As you've closed the door, two heads from 4 rooms after yours, appeared.

"I told you!" Sanha squealed, hitting the older's arm. Eunwoo groaned in annoyance.

"So what now?"

"They're totally dating, hyung! Wahh! Dorm mates Romance!" Sanha said excitedly. "I bet they even kissed!"

"Shut up, you tower. Let's head out now. I've got to pass my projects later." Eunwoo said as he wore his back pack.

"You're no fun, hyung."

"At least I'm normal."

"Rude Eunwoo hyung."

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Where are we going, Kai?" You asked as he held your hand, leading you to the bus stop.

"Ah." Kai sighed in contentment as he dragged you inside the bus, taking a seat, tugging you down next to him.

"Yah. I asked you—"

"I've always wanted to do this." Kai mumbled, leaning his head on your shoulders.

You blushed, shyly looking around the bus and finding a lot of stares from girls, even old ahjummas.

Kai is really a girl magnet.

You slowly gazed at his face.

His lower lip jutted out like a baby, his eyelashes are long, his nose pointed, his hair so soft and his cheeks so smooth.

But he's only magnet to me.

You inwardly chuckled evilly as you glared at the girls who are looking at Kai with those dreamy eyes.

He's mine, es.

Kai nuzzled his fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter