❀ Chapter 9: Talking ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You grumpily walked home with your hands in your pockets. 

"Yah! Jagiya!"

You walked faster, almost running on the street but unfortunately, there's a stop light.

"AISH! WHY NOW?!" You mumbled, stomping on your feet as you look at the bright sky with eyes in slits.

The sun is still up, annoying you in every way. It's only 12:30 pm and you're so hungry. 

"You made me run after you, jagi. You're lucky, I love chasing." 

And now he caught up to you. You rolled your eyes, still facing the stop light.

"Let's have a lunch date—"

"I'm not having a date with you."

"Lunch then?"

You glanced at him but looked away immediately as you saw Kai was intently staring at you. You cleared your throat.

"I-I'll pick where to eat!" You quickly said, walking fast as the light turns green. You heard Kai say, "YES!" and you can even imagine him pumping a fist on the air. 

"It's not a date, it's not a date." You chanted to yourself as you pushed the door to the restaurant you wanted to eat at.

The restaurant looks comfy, not too extravagant and shiny. On top of the cashier area, a wooden plate says, "Enjoy your meals in Winter Heat".

Kai walks behind you, looking at his surroundings. 

"Winter Heat? This restaurant is weir— cute." Kai said, stuttering at the end since he saw you glaring at him. You went to the line to the cashier, waiting for your turn.

"Jagi~ I don't know what to order here." Kai whined at you, looking at the menu boards but sneakily wrapped his arm around your waist.

"Just pick what interests you and be done with it." You snapped back, putting your hand on his arm and pulling it away from you. Kai looked at you and pouted. You looked away.

"Aish, fine. I'll order for you." 

In the end, you two ate chicken garlic with mayo and butter-dipped potato salad. It was the best lunch for Kai. Not only because of his love for chicken, but because he's with you.

"That was awesome, jagiya~" Kai sang as you both walked away from the restaurant. You smiled, feeling satisfied.

"I know I'm awesome." 

"Nah, not you. The chicken is."

You walked faster, trying to leave behind the dancer.

"You just came back and that's how you talk back to me? Unbelievable."

But of course, you can't compete with someone who has longer legs than you.

"You missed me so much. I knew it."

"Whatever."

You stopped trying to leave him behind and just walked how you normally do. Kai suddenly slipped his hand in yours and laced his fingers with you.

"YAH—"

"Shhh." Kai poked your nose as he grinned playfully at you. 

"Let me have this moment, jagiya."

You stared at him, hesitating if you should give in or not. 

"Even if you don't admit that you missed me," Kai chuckled as you scoffed. "I've missed you, (y/n)."

You quickly looked on your right side, looking away from him. 

Holy marshmallows. I'm blushing, am I? No. No. No. Omg.

"I always think of you, how you glare at me, how you act so stubbornly, how you roll your eyes, how you— ACK!" Kai was cut off as you stomped on his foot. 

"Of all the things you should say—"

"Let me finish, okay?" Kai laughed.

You shook your hand, trying to get away from his hold. But Kai wouldn't let go.

"Aish. Come on, babe. Stop trying to get away from me. I'll always follow you." 

You felt your knees weak but you've managed to continue walking without tripping. 

"W-wait a minute." You stopped walking as you turned to the boy beside you. Kai stopped walking and turned to you too.

"What are you doing, Kai?" 

Kai cocked his head like a dog would do. 

No. Don't do that to me, you devil.

"Uhm. I'm walking with you—"

"No. Why are you telling me..." You trailed off, trying to find the right words to say. "... weird things?"

"Weird things? Like what?"

You glared at him but he only looked at you, eyes full of innocence. You sighed.

"Are you confessing to me indirectly? Do you even really like me or are you teasing me? 'Cause either way, I don't like it. Please stop confusing me." You snapped at him, freeing yourself from his hold. You looked away, too embarrassed to look back at him.

Croo croo...

Silence...

"Tss." You muttered before walking away from him. 

You don't even know why you feel so disappointed. You don't like him, right? 

Yes, I don't.
Well, if you call waiting for his calls, his comeback and blushing because of his words, not liking him, then okay, you don't.

You like him.

"Wait."

Your feet halted from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter