❀ Chapter 18: Happy Smile ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed like wind and you didn't even notice tomorrow's Friday already.

"So, you'll be going home at 4 tomorrow?" Jongdae asked, looking at you. You nodded.

"Yes that's right, Jongdae-ssi. I'll have dinner with my family tomorrow. I hope for your—"

"Of course! You can go home early tomorrow. If it's about family matters, you're excused." Jongdae grinned, slightly patting your back. "Now, get back to work." 

You smiled then obeyed his order.

"Hmm. You'll be having a family dinner tomorrow? I thought you said you don't have a family?" Tiffany said with an eyebrow raised. You shrugged.

"Well, my dongsaeng said I should go since we'll be having a family dinner. I think it's about time to know the person who'll marry my father." You said, wiping the counters this time. "I can't always run away from him."

"You've got a point there. You're doing the right thing, baby." 

You almost choked on your saliva when you heard that familiar nickname. 

"P-Please refrain from calling me that." You stuttered, facing away from Tiffany's amused gaze.

"What? Baby? Why?" Tiffany suddenly appeared in front of you with a teasing smile. You gulped. "Hmm. Maybe there's already someone who's calling you that—"

"Unnie, stop." You said, quickly walking away from her. Tiffany giggled as she watched you get flustered.

"I'm right then." Tiffany whispered with a grin.

"Why did she walk away?" 

Tiffany turned to the newcomer. 

"Oh, Hyuk. You're here." 

"What's with that bored face, noona? You don't want me here?" Joohyuk frowned.

"Eh." Tiffany just looked at him wit a blank face. "You're gonna leave anyway, so it's better to get used to not having your presence." 

"Yah! That's mean!" Joohyuk whined, stomping his feet like a kid. Tiffany just hummed.

"I wonder how will their dinner go." She mumbled.

"I hope her father doesn't do anything that will hurt (y/n) again. I don't like seeing that girl cry. Like ever." Joohyuk said, looking at you, who's currently checking all the appliances to be used later.

"Yeah. I don't like it either."

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Yah."

You ignored the call and continued brushing your hair in front of the mirror.

"Where are you going?"

You grabbed your lip balm and put some on your lips. You spread it with your mouth with a popping sound.

"Why are you wearing that?"

Yo almost rolled your eyes at the trespasser but you just grabbed your sling bag and started putting the necessary things you'll bring.

"Are you going on a date?!"

Cellphone. Wallet. Powder. Lip balm. House key. Hair tie. What else?

"With whom?! I thought you like m—"

You turned to Kai and glared at him.

"Will you please stop interrogating me? You even walked inside my room without knocking. And what do you mean by 'that'?" You looked down at your outfit.

You're wearing a cream knee-length, long-sleeved dress with little pearls on its collar area, looking like a necklace. It's simple but elegant, showing the hidden curves of your body. It's better to look presentable in front of your dad and his fiancé, although you would have preferred going there in jeans and sweater.

"My brother's gonna pick me up in a few minutes. We'll be having a family dinner tonight. Please don't spout non-sense." You casually said as you put the strap of your sling bag on your shoulder.

Kai watched as you slip on your 3 inch heels when you suddenly looked back at him.

"What are you watching there for, you ." You mumbled.

He chuckled as he took steps forward to you. You automatically backed away when you hit on the chair you've sat on earlier in front of the mirror. Kai managed to focus his eyes on yours as he put his hands on either sides of you.

"So there's no other?" He whispered as if he's telling you a secret. You swear you didn't put any blush on but you feel like you're turning into a cherry with how hot your cheeks are now. 

"W-What other?"

"It's only me, right? You only like me." 

You can't take your eyes away from his, it's like you're being drawn to them. 

"I-I told you already. W-We're gonna have a family dinner." You stuttered, slightly gulping as Kai leaned closer to your face, making you shiver as his breaths tickle your skin.

"Really? If so, kiss me then."

Your eyes widened at his sudden request, you immediately put your hands on his shoulders, slightly pulling him away.

"W-What? Why do I need to do that?!" You almost shouted, making Kai smile.

"I'll kiss you then." 

As he leaned forward again, you pushed his face away.

"Stop, Kai! You can't just do everything you want. What do you even think of me? A kissing booth?" You said, standing up straight as you moved away from him. His back was in front of you, not letting you see his reaction. "I-I don't even know what this mean."

A knock was heard before the door opened.

"Dear, your little brother's here." Aunt Sunny said with an excited smile when her gaze fell to the man behind you. "Oh. Kai, you're here?"

"I'll get going then. Thank you, Aunt Sunny." 

After saying that, you walked out of your room and made your way towards the white Mercedes Benz in front of the gates. 

Aunt Sunny looked back and forth at Kai, who's still in front of the mirror, and outside, where you left.

"Uhm. You okay?" She asked uncertainly. Kai sighed, backing away from the mirror.

"No, not really."

"Why? Do you need help? I can—"

"She's gonna meet her father later." 

Aunt Sunny got surprised at how sad Kai spoke. 

"I-Isn't that a good thing? They're finally meeting?" Aunt Sunny slightly smiled, feeling a bit awkward. Kai shook his head before turning towards the door. 

"It's a good thing for (y/n) and her dad, but not for me." He mumbled quietly.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I just hope nothing bad happens."

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Yay!" Taeyong cheered as you sat beside him, tightly hugging you from the side. "You look pretty, noona. It's been a while since I saw you dress like that."

"I know, Tae. I know." You mumbled, ruffling his hair. 

"It's gonna be a very special dinner, noona. Because you're finally with us." Taeyong said as he leaned his head on your shoulder.

Your younger brother is already 17 and in his senior year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter