❀ Chapter 23: Girl Talk ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've already scheduled the meeting with your fiancé. It'll be 3 weeks from now, just after the wedding."

You stopped eating as your father announced it while you're all having breakfast. 

"Honey, are you sure about this? Why don't you hear what your daughter wants to say?" Aunt Ji Hyo said as she let out a sigh. 

"That's my decision, Ji Hyo. That's final."

His voice was full of authority, making you look down in defeat. Your eyes started burning as you tried to keep on eating without crying.

"B-But, appa, noona will be sad." Taeyong mumbled, shoving a piece of toasted bread in his mouth after. Your father just shook his head before standing up.

"I'll go now, I have a meeting in an hour." 

When he left, silence took over the place. You stopped moving your hands.

"Dear, are you alright?" 

You slightly curled your lips up, nodding at her.

"I will be." 

"Appa's being unfair to you again, noona. I hate it." Taeyong grumbled, leaning his head on your arm.

"I'm sorry if your father's still hard-headed. Maybe he just needs to cool down from work and you can talk to him about it again." Aunt Ji Hyo reached for your hand. This time, you didn't pull away.

"I-I hope so." You smiled.

"So, who is the lucky guy?" Aunt Ji Hyo questioned with a playful smile. Your cheeks flushed instantly, forgetting the problem at hand (marriage).

"Uhm." You uncomfortably looked away from the two pairs of eyes staring at you. You suddenly glared at Taeyong. "What are you still doing here?"

"Huh?" 

"Don't you have school, doofus?" You poked his forehead. His eyes widened as he quickly stood up.

"Oh . I'm late." He silently cursed as he ran to get his bag. "I'm gonna go now! Bye noona, bye Aunt Ji Hyo!"

As the front door closed, Aunt Ji Hyo tapped her fingers on the table.

"I'm waiting." She said with a smile. You gulped as you fiddled with your fingers.

"O-Okay then."

It was your first time telling about a guy to an older person unlike to Tiffany, that's why it made you a bit uncomfortable. Aunt Ji Hyo was being like a mother to you now, so you don't want to miss that out.

"His name is Kim Jongin but he's mostly called Kai. He's a dancer at DanWiMu, a place where you can showcase your talent and such. I've heard from him that his father's a close friend of mine and that he met appa before. I never asked anything about that since I cared less about it. He's..." You stopped for a moment to catch your breath. "...gorgeous. A little bit naughty and a ert but nevertheless, he's a gentleman and kind. He's a combination of an angel and a devil." You slightly chuckled as you thought of him. 

"I've known him for..." You silently counted in your head. "...5 or 6 months. I don't really remember but it feels like a long time already." You looked down as you felt shy about what you're gonna say next.

"But I'm sure I've fallen in love with him, may it be for a short period of time or long, I'm sure of it."

Aunt Ji Hyo hasn't stopped smiling since you've started talking about the lucky guy but she frowned when she realized something.

"Wait. Isn't that Mr. Kim? The K Company's Chairman's son?" Aunt Ji Hyo said as she looked up as if she was thinking about the young man.

"I-I think so?" You mumbled uncertainly, awkwardly grinning at her. She raised an eyebrow at you.

"Are you sure about that boy? I mean, yes he is handsome, smart, rich and a gentleman, but isn't he a playboy?"

"Well, girls flock over him but I don't think he enjoys playing around. Kai is not—"

"I'm not bringing him down or something, but I've heard stories about that second son of Chairman Kim." Aunt Ji Hyo leaned her back on the chair as she looked at you, hesitation was in her eyes.

But that just made you a lot more interested.

"Tell me, Aunt Ji Hyo. I want to know." You blinked your eyes in anticipation as you leaned closer to the table.

"Okay, if that's what you desire." Aunt Ji Hyo sighed before speaking.

"I've went to your father's building for several times now since I often had business with the company. One time, I met one of the employees sent by the K Company for a meeting. I was curious about the condition of your father's closest friend's company and knew that their company was in the middle of a crisis. She told me about how one of their company's trusted employees stole almost half of their stockholdings!" Your eyes slightly widened at the news. "I was surprised as well when I knew about that."

"T-That's horrible." You mumbled, trying to push away the bad ideas coming into your mind.

No.

"As the conversation goes, it went to the substitute President of their company. I wasn't informed that Kim Soohyun, the heir of the K Company, left the country for an event and meeting at France. I think he's coming back this month. That's why Kim Jongin, the second son of the Chairman, handled the conflict at hand."

You breathed in as you took the new information in your brain. 

"Was the conflict resolved?" You bravely asked even though your voice almost stuttered. Aunt Ji Hyo thought for a moment.

"Hmm." She tilted her head as she closed her eyes. "If I remember correctly, Lei helped him resolve it."

At the mention of your father's name, you've started having doubts.

"A-Appa did that?" 

"Yes. I wasn't that shocked since I know that Jongin-ssi's father is a close friend of your father. But the thing is, well from what I've heard," Aunt Ji Hyo leaned her head on her palm as she rested her forearm on the table. 

"That young man doesn't come to their own company everyday. I wouldn't think that he's slacking off but his employees don't see him often. He even went here once when your father invited him. I just don't get why we saw him a few days ago in Seoul." Aunt Ji Hyo said as she picked her glass up to . (your family's house is originally in Incheon if you haven't realized it yet ㅋㅋㅋ)

"He must have been doing a very important business there." You commented, staring at the wall at the back of Aunt Ji Hyo. 

"So, going back to the stories I've heard, they say that Jongin-ssi played around with some of their female clients, that once a female client gets out of his office, they look very haggard and sweaty. I don't know about those employees, maybe it's just a gossip that someone made to—" Aunt Ji Hyo seemed hesitant to continue half-way of her story when she saw you look down. "Uhm. I'm sorry, dear. Did I say too much?"

"N-No. It's alright. I wanted to know anyway. You-You can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter