❀ Chapter 21: Away From Him ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim."

The said man turned his swivel chair towards the other with a blank face. 

"What?"

"You've told me a while ago to schedule a meeting with Mr. Zhang, seems like it isn't needed now."

Mr. Kim's eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"It turns out that he wanted to meet you too, Mr. Kim."

"Oh." 

"Mr. Zhang has scheduled an appointment with you this afternoon at 2. He didn't exactly say what's the agenda for the meeting but he said that it's important." The messenger spoke in a monotonic voice. 

Mr. Kim just stared at the wall in front of him, so many thoughts of possible reasons why your father wanted to meet him. He just nodded at the messenger.

"You can go now." 

As the door closed, completely leaving the man in the deafening silence of his office. The man sighed.

"What does he want now?" Mr. Kim mumbled, staring at the papers in front of him. It stressed him out.

His mind was full of his dance choreographies, the documents needed for everyday of his work in the office, how will he face your father again, and how will he end everything for you.

"I wonder how will you react when I tell you the truth, babe." Mr. Kim muttered under his breath as if he was whispering in your ear. "I just don't want to see you hurt when you do."

He closed his eyes, seeing your lovely face that he loves so much. It's not only your face that he cherishes but all of you.

"Damn. I miss you so much, baby." 

He opened his eyes, staring at the high ceiling as he leaned his head back on the swivel chair. 

"Please wait for me."

Just give me a little time...

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Thank you for the hard work, guys! Take care and be safe as you go home, okay?" Minseok said as he locked his office, his brother, Jongdae beside him. 

"Ne." The five of you, which consists of you and the four part-timers. Joohyuk has to buy medicines for his mother before dinner, so he has to leave earlier than you. Tiffany already went ahead since she said she has something important to do, although you think that it's because of her brother.

"Unnie, you can go ahead. We'll lock the door for you." Somi, one of the part-timers, said with a smile. You shook your head in disapproval, opening your mouth to protest when someone beat you to it.

"Go now, noona! I can see your boyfriend from here." Mark exclaimed, his eyes staring at the person outside of the café. 

Your eyes trailed his sight and saw that Sehun is already waiting for you outside, leaning against the window by his side. A gray scarf was wrapped around his neck, a huge black velvet coat over his lean body with a simple white sweater inside, black pants and shiny shoes.

He looks good as always.

You sighed in defeat, turning to the young ones. They were all grinning at you as if cheering you to get the hell out of here and go to your boyfriend.

"Okay fine. You win this time. Take care of the café. Make sure to lock—"

"Go, go! We can do this, unnie!" Somi gently pushed your bag towards you, bringing you along to the door. "Have a good night!"

As you got literally pushed out of the café, Somi closed the door as she jumped around the café with the others like worms.

"Sorry for that. That's just them being young." You awkwardly chuckled, glancing a little at Sehun. He was unusually quiet as he stood straight.

"Let's go." 

"Where are we going?" You asked as you followed him to his car. Your eyes slightly twinkled at the sight of your dream car. You fought the urge to slide your fingers on its hood as you walked passed by it.

"Somewhere peaceful." He mumbled as he opened the door for you. You smiled at him but he didn't smile back even though your eyes met with his. You just sat on the passenger's seat quietly as he closed the door and walked to the other side.

As Sehun closed his door, he started the engine and drove off the café. It was so quiet that your hand itched to turn on the radio but you thought that Sehun might be more comfortable with silence, so you stopped yourself. 

I've never felt this awkward with Sehun before. Why?

"Is everything alright?" You asked, cannot refrain from not speaking for such a long time. Sehun didn't glance at you but he answered.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

His voice was cold, almost giving you the shivers that you haven't ever felt when you talk to Sehun before.

It's like he's not the Sehun you know.

"Y-You seem cold." You quietly mumbled, looking away from his perfect side view. Sehun didn't speak, making you sigh. As the car stopped, you were left in awe as you saw where you are. You quickly got out of the car and put your hands on the railings.

"Wah~" You cheered as you felt the cold wind on your face. 

Sehun brought you on the place where you can see most of the city. It's on the middle of a nearby ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter