❀ Chapter 14: I Missed You ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey."

You almost hit the person who surprisingly sat beside you on a bench near DanWiMu, making him laugh.

You sighed as you recognized him.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, looking back up in the dark sky. Observing how stars shine together was one of your hobbies with your younger brother. 

But now you're alone.

"I should be asking you that too." He wittily said, shrugging his shoulders. When you didn't say a witty comeback, he looked at you. "Well, I noticed you weren't on your table, so I asked noona where did you go and here I am."

You laughed, but he knew it doesn't have any humor, like you forced it out.

"That's- That's sweet, Sehun. Thanks." You mumbled, closing your eyes before leaning your head on his broad shoulder. Sehun just sat there, motionless as he let your head rest on his shoulder.

Silence took over the place even though the loud music can be heard outside, it was blurred out by the walls. Few cars passed and few people walked in front of you. The light beside you two flickered but was unnoticed by the two of you as Sehun closed his eyes too, leaning his head on top of yours.

You felt better now.

Sehun doesn't only bring warmth and comfort. You also feel his care and understanding. 

You like that about him.

You know he knew there was something wrong but still stayed silent. He knows how you hate others prying on your problem even if they have good intentions.

You've always wanted to keep it to yourself.

"Do you want me to beat Kai up for you?" Sehun whispered, putting his arm around your shoulder. You chuckled, appreciating his kindness and warmth.

"I don't think it would solve anything. And I don't really like him that much. I think I was just attracted or something." You muttered, mentally face-palmed yourself because you sounded like you were only convincing yourself.

"Okay, hamstie." 

Sehun wasn't convinced and you knew that. You were thankful that he didn't ask more questions that would make you lie to yourself again.

As time passed by, you got worried that Sehun was missing out a lot of things inside DanWiMu.

"Are you sure you can stay here?" You asked him for the nth time. Sehun just nodded, frowning at your nth time questioning him.

"If you want me to go, sorry not sorry but I won't." He said, tightening his grasp on your shoulder. You smiled.

"Thank you."

Sehun looked down at you, meeting your eyes. 

"You're always welcome, (y/n)."

He didn't know how can his heart melt at the same time break in your stare.

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

The next day, Sunday, Aunt Sunny frowned as she glanced at the clock.

She went to the living room where 3 boys were sitting and watching tv.

"Goodmorning, ahjumma!" Sanha and Eunwoo greeted her with smiles on their faces.

But the other one didn't even bother looking at her, like he was in a daze.

"Goodmorning, kids." Aunt Sunny smiled, waving them off. The two continued watching as the other boy sighed.

"Ahjumma, do you know what happened to hyung?" Sanha asked the woman, pointing at the boy on the farthest couch. Aunt Sunny just stared at the said person, who is currently mumbling to himself.

"I'll handle this, kids. Would you mind going to the kitchen first? I'll just talk to your hyung for a minute." Aunt Sunny smiled as the two boys nodded obediently and went to the kitchen.

Aunt Sunny turned off the television and went to where Kai was, sitting down adjacent to his place.

She cleared , trying to catch Kai's attention but he was still staring at the tv like it was still on. 

"Kai." She called. 

But no reactions.

"Kai!" She called again, a little louder this time.

Kai just blinked, still not looking at her.

Aunt Sunny was running out of patience when she thought of an idea. She smirked.

"(Y/n)." She whispered, enough for Kai to hear.

Kai's head instantly turned towards her with his eyes wide. Aunt Sunny inwardly laughed like a witch.

"I knew it." She mumbled before turning to the boy. 

"Where is she?" Kai asked, his voice as soft as the wind. 

"I knew it. She hasn't come down for breakfast and it's already close to lunch. You're here physically but obviously, your mind is probably on the trashcan or somewhere. What on earth did happen last night, Kim Jongin?" Aunt Sunny said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow like a strict mother.

Kai ruffled his hair before returning his gaze on the black screen of the television and didn't speak.

"YAH! You're not gonna answer me? What happened to my niece? I already knocked on her door numerous of times but she doesn't answer. Did something happen between the two of you?" 

"Maybe she already got out earlier, you just didn't notice." Kai mumbled, closing his eyes before leaning back on the couchZ

"Oh. I'll check her room then. Why are you like that?" Aunt Sunny didn't stop questioning Kai, eager to know something.

"I don't know." He muttered.

"Don't you have practice today? Or an appointment?" 

Kai's eyes opened, suddenly remembering something.

"C-Can we go out tomorrow?"

Kai looked at the girl in front of him.

Seulgi is a type of girl that you'll want for the rest of your life.

She has these eyes that can throw arrows and you'll end up drawn into them. She's also a very good speaker, her words and voice are like magic. Let's not forget how her body moves. She's so graceful but at the same time, fierce.

Seulgi has that aura will make you want to see her everyday.

So why would Kai reject someone like her?

"No thanks. I'm a really busy person and..." Seulgi looked sad as Kai answered. "... I have a girlfriend. She wouldn't really like it if she knew I'll hang out with a girl alone. I'm sorry but I have my priorities." 

Seulgi sadly smiled but nodded.

"Okay, Kai. I'm sorry if I bothered you and made you uncomfortable."

"It's fine."

Kai didn't regret it at all.

He knows he lied about you being his girlfriend but it felt right.

Kai has these big question marks in his brain.

Why did you leave last night when it was their performance?

He tried asking your two friends but they just said you probably just needed air since you don't like noisy places.

If you didn't like noisy places, why did you go with them?

So, he went out and tried to find you.

And when he did, his question remained unasked.

Why are you in his arms?

Kai didn't bother going to you and went back inside with the last question hanging, not in his mind but in his heart.

Why does it hurt to look at you?

"Are you sick?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter