❀ Chapter 13: Troublemaker Baby ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up at 8 in the morning with a forming agenda in your mind. You quickly went to your own bathroom, brushed your teeth and put your hair in a messy bun.

It was Saturday. 

Yep, the Saturday you were so excited to come. (Note the sarcasm)

After freshening up, you went back to your room and went out.

"Oh. Goodmorning, babe." 

Your head immediately turned to the voice. 

Kai just closed his door and walked towards you, of course, with his famous smirk. 

"Y-Yeah. Goodmorning." You stuttered but quickly recovered as you turned your back towards him.

"Hmm." Kai hummed as he matched his pace with you, glancing at your face. You walked faster and reached the end of the stairs.

"You're up early today, huh?" You heard Kai commented as he followed you to the dining area. 

You saw that Aunt Sunny made chicken soup for today's breakfast. You went to the fridge and grabbed a huge bottle of water before walking back to the table.

"Uh huh." You said as you sat down in front of him.

You started putting soup on your own bowl and then water in your glass. You started eating, casually taking glances at Kai.

"What the hell, Jongin." You muttered.

Kai just smirked, still staring at you as you eat.

"What? Is it wrong to stare at you?"

"Obviously yes." You snickered, shoving a spoonful of soup in your mouth.

"Why?" Kai asked teasingly as he continued observing you.

"Because I don't like it." You snapped at him before drinking water.

"But I like it, babe." 

You shook your head, trying to deny that Kai's spell is working on you. 

You thought of anything that you can talk about so it won't be this awkward. 

"Oh!" You exclaimed as you remembered why you got up so early.

"What is it?" Kai asked, amused at you sudden outburst. He chewed on the chicken bits he got from his soup before grinning at you.

Why does he always look so seductive?

"I heard that DanWiMu is having its anniversary today?" You started as you placed your glass back on the table. 

"Yeah." Kai nodded but tilted his head after. "How'd you know?"

"You know that Tiffany unnie is Sehun's sister, right? So, she told me." You explained.

"Ah." 

You gulped. You really wanted to know about his performance with Seulgi but wouldn't that be suspicious? 

YAH! Why would it even be suspicious? I'm friends with his partner, so asking would be okay... Right?

"Uhm." You cleared your throat as you looked at him. "You're performing?" You asked, trying to be casual about it.

Kai stared back in your eyes.

Is he trying to read my mind or something? Why is he looking at me like that? Oh my ghad why am I being so paranoid?

And then his lips curved into a smirk.

"Why are you suddenly curious, babe?"

You instantly looked away from his eyes. Your gaze dancing around the house, trying to find anything interesting.

"W-Well.. uhm.."

Your brain was in a mess. 

You can even imagine your brain cells running around and bumping onto each other as they find a reasonable explanation.

As you fortunately found it, you looked back at him with a confident smile.

"Well, Joohyuk and Tiffany unnie invited me to go tonight. I was only asking if I'll see you perform..." You said, standing up with your bowl and glass.

"Really?" You heard the playfulness in Kai's voice. You turned your back on him and went to the sink.

"Really."

"Okay then. I'm actually performing with my friend." 

Friend?! Daebak.

"Nice." You mumbled, quickly washing your bowl.

"You're not gonna ask who's my friend, baby?"

You almost choked on your saliva at Kai's sudden change of nickname.

Babe? Now baby? Are you trying to kill me now, Kim Jongin?!

"Why would I? I mind my own business, Kai. Please stop calling me—"

"If you don't ask then I'll tell you. Remember the one who I told you I'm meeting with last three days ago? Her name's Seulgi."

Blah blah blah.

You knew you were making faces as he spoke but you admit that you're jealous.

So jealous.

"She just came back from America. She's pretty, heck, she's even a good dancer. I think it's fate that she became my partner—"

You wiped your hands with a towel near you and walked towards the stairs.

"Really? Goodluck then." You said, waving your hand as you went back upstairs.

Kai watched as your figure was out of his sight with a frown but slowly turned into a smirk.

"Aish, what will I do to this girl..." Kai ruffled his hair as he started cleaning the table.

He knew everything.

After all, he wasn't a pole who can't feel anything.

He just hopes you watch him perform.

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Wow." 

Joohyuk and Tiffany looked at you as if you grew two more heads. 

"This is a miracle, Hyuk." Tiffany giggled while Joohyuk just rolled his eyes.

"I think it's just because of one particular dancer though." Joohyuk said, earning himself a flick on his forehead, although you needed to tiptoe and do it.

"Whatever." You mumbled before hopping in Joohyuk's car. 

The two followed you in the car. Joohyuk at the drive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter