❀ Chapter 20: Tell Me ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona?"

"Dear?"

Was I used?

"Noona!"

You blinked, focusing your sight in front of you. Taeyong and Aunt Ji Hyo were looking at you with worried expressions.

"Are you okay, dear? Are you feeling unwell? Should we just take you home?" Aunt Ji Hyo reached for your hand when you flinched away, making her stop.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm fine. I..." You slowly glanced outside where Kai was. 

"Was it about Mr. Kim? Do you know him, noona?" Taeyong asked, tracing your stare outside. You turned to him, bringing a forced smile on your lips.

"N-No. No, I-I don't know him." You replied.

"Well then, let's eat now before the food turns cold." Aunt Ji Hyo said cheerfully, grinning at the meal before her. 

"Thank you for the food."

You slightly bowed.

"You're not okay, noona." 

You leaned your head on the window as the car moves out of the parking. Aunt Ji Hyo sat in front beside the driver while the two of you at the back.

"How'd you know, Tae?" You mumbled back, your warm breath fogging up the window.

"You're my sister, of course I'll know these kinds of things." Taeyong leaned his head on your shoulder as he wrapped his arm around yours, giving you warmth. "Now, why is my noona sad?"

You closed your eyes, your hand reaching out for your brother's in comfort.

"I'm confused, Tae." You whispered, leaning your head back on his head. Taeyong just kept quiet, waiting until you tell him everything that's bothering you. "Very confused."

"We..." You trailed off, gathering enough courage to speak. "...don't really have a label. He said he likes me but what does that even mean? Should I just assume that we're in a relationship already or should I just ignore it and wait for him to say it? I don't know what to think." 

Taeyong quietly peaked at your face. Your cheeks were slightly red, your eyes closed and your lips were trembling.

"Noona..." Taeyong whispered.

"He-He told me..." You breathed in and out, trying to refrain a frustrated cry come out of you. "...that he doesn't want me to misunderstand. He doesn't want to see my eyes turn dim. That he doesn't want to let me see him that way."

"But how can I misunderstand if I don't understand anything at all? I'm getting down without any reason, I feel so stupid about that. What way is he exactly saying?" 

You sighed, opening your eyes to find your younger brother looking at you with his soft eyes.

"And now, I just figured out he's someone important. Maybe not only for me but for others too."

"He's not really my dancer..."

I promised that I'll always see him that way but why am I being like this?

I'm scared.

You quickly blinked away the triggered tears as the car stopped in front of your dorm.

"We're here, dear." Aunt Ji Hyo said, glancing at the both of you.

"Y-Yes. Thank you for sending me back home, Aunt Ji Hyo, ahjusshi and Taeyong." You opened the door, slightly bowing at them as you got out of the car. Taeyong was still looking at you with his sparkling eyes.

"Be a good boy, Tae." You ruffled his hair with a smile. You waved at them after you closed the door, watching as the car gets out of your sight.

Why did I even let myself be transparent about such thing to my brother?

As expected, Kai wasn't around when you got inside the dorm. 

"Welcome home, (y/n). Kai's not with you?" Aunt Sunny asked as she walked down the stairs. You shook your head with a smile. "I thought you went out toget—"

"I guess he has something important to attend to." You mumbled, taking off your shoes and bringing them upstairs with you.

Aunt Sunny watched how you trudged up the stairs with a lonely aura. 

"I wonder what's going on with those two?" She muttered under her breath, shaking her head in confusion.

"We'll get going now, Auntie!" Sanha cheerfully said as he and Eunwoo got down. Aunt Sunny just waved them off with a grin.

"Auntie..." Eunwoo called out before he got out of the front door. Aunt Sunny looked at him. "Is noona okay?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"She was close into tears when we bumped onto her earlier. At first, I thought she just had dirt in her eye because she said so but I realized..." Eunwoo looked at the ceiling as if he can see you through it. 

"It's a very cliché reason, right?"

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

A day after, you're spending the day focused on work, or trying to focus on work, when Minseok, your boss, announced something.

"The whole crew will have a summer outing this weekend. I hope you keep your schedule clear for it."

That made everyone surprised but at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter