❀ Chapter 16: Rendezvous ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Does this mean—"

"I like you." 

You gulped as Kai held your hand tighter. You stopped walking and turned to him. Kai innocently blinked at you.

If you're wondering where are you two right now, you sneaked out of the house by climbing up the gates again to get out.

For some reason, you felt adrenaline running through your veins as you walk with Kai in the dark night. Well, it wasn't really that dark since there are light posts and some lights on from afar but still dark. 

"A-Are you sure?" You asked, almost choking at his sudden confession. Kai grinned, pulling your hand lightly.

"Why? Are you doubting my feelings for you?"

"No! It's not that. It's just- I don't know. I'm not sure." You mumbled, looking away from his stare. 

"Hey. Look at me, babe." 

You blushed as his hands found their ways to your rosy cheeks.

Thank goodness for the dim lights.

You looked back at him, seeing how his brown eyes sparkled as they stared back at you. Kai suddenly smirked.

"You just want me to kiss you again, huh?" 

Your eyes widened, pushing his face away immediately.

"No way! I was just asking if you're sincere or not, so I won't be hoping for more!" 

You almost stopped breathing when you straightly said that without even filtering your words before it came out from your unstoppable mouth.

Kai's smirk was wiped off as he heard you. His eyes turning into puppy ones.

"Uhm. Don't mind what I just said—"

He hugged you, making his head home on the crook of your neck. His brown fluffy hair tickled your ear, making you giggle unintentionally. You bit your lip as you refrained giggling more.

"You like that, baby?" Kai whispered teasingly, shaking his head, making you giggle as his hair tickles you.

"S-Stop." You mumbled, pushing him away. He let you push him away with a grin but his arms stayed on your waist. You averted your eyes from him. "You're so touchy. We're not even official." 

Kai laughed before gently pinching your waist, making you jump.

"I like you, (y/n). So much that my eyes hurt when I see you." 

"Yah! Is that even a good thing?!" You said, hitting his chest.

Oh ghad. It's a wall. 

"Of course, baby, it is. My eyes hurt when I see you because I can't look at your blinding beauty— HEY!"

You quickly walked away as you escaped from his grasp, making pout as he follow you in the dark.

"And here I am, thinking I'll receive a better confession than before." You thought out loud as you hear Kai's footsteps behind you.

"What? Than before? Someone confessed to you already?" He asked incredulously, making you glare at him. 

"What? I thought you think I'm beautiful? What's with your—"

"I'm jealous."

You gapped at him as you reached the playground. Kai was pouting like a child as he grabbed your hand and led you to the swing. He made you sit on one and sat on the swing beside yours.

"J-Jealous?! W-Why would you—"

"I thought I was the first one." 

You cleared your throat as you looked away from his eyes. Your eyes went up the sky, where stars were slightly twinkling and lightening your view.

"Beautiful." Kai whispered, staring at how you smile while looking at the stars.

"I had my first boyfriend when I was 18. I met him in college—" You frowned as you were cut off by the boy beside you.

"Was he the one who dropped you off at home last Sunday? I didn't see him but I bet he's not hot as me." Kai said, crossing his arms as if throwing a tantrum. You giggled as you watch him act so childish.

"What do you think of my type of guy? Of course he's hot! His voice is amazing too! His eyes were the ones that made me drawn to him. They're like hypnotizing me to—" 

A hand over your mouth stopped you from speaking. You turned to Kai and saw him glaring at you.

"I don't wanna hear more." He grumbled, pinching your cheek after letting your mouth be freed. You grinned.

"Then don't cut me off again, my devil dancer." 

Kai's ears perked up with the nickname you've come up with. He turned to you with a smirk.

"Devil dancer? Seriously, babe?" He said teasingly. You blushed, nodding as you bit your lip.

"Y-Yeah. What's wrong with that? You don't like—"

"I like it because it's you."

You felt like your heart escaped from your ribs and jumped down to run away from you. 

I feel like I'm a melted cheese on top of pizza.

"You mean that—"

O-Okay.

You thought as Kai once again made his lips connect with yours, leaning closer to you. It was just a quick peck though, not that you're complaining.

Kai smiled as he pulled away, taking notice of your reddish cheeks. You instantly covered your cheeks with your hands.

"Does that answer all of your questions?" Kai asked teasingly, standing up from the swing. You sat still on your swing, not looking at him.

Oh ghad. He just took another kiss from me.

"W-Well, it might but it would be better if you tell me why you like me." You mumbled, staring at your feet.

"There are so many things that I like about you, baby. Then let me start at your stubbornness, impatience, grumpiness, your love for barbecue, how you make me really jealous every single—"

You suddenly stood up and covered his mouth to stop him from saying more.

"Aish! Enough! Enough! Let's just go home!" You said, walking ahead of him. Kai grinned as he scratched the back of head before following you.

"I'm not yet finished though!"

When you both arrived back at the dorm, it was already 1:15 am. You two were poking each others stomach as you walk upstairs like kids. 

"Yah! I'm a girl! How can you poke me back?!" 

"I'm a boy then. Admit it, you like poking my stomach because you can touch my abs."

Well...

"Whatever, Kai."

"That's babe for you, oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter