❀ Chapter 15: Talk More ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aunt Sunny sighed for the nth time as she gave up looking at the two young ones in front of her.

"Nobody's talking, that's new." She stated as she put down the tray for breakfast. You just grabbed one of the bowls of ramyeon and thanked her for the meal before started eating.

Aunt Sunny looked at you as if you've gone crazy, scoffing at your action. She looked back at the boy, who's just staring at you.

"You." She called. Kai blinked and turned to her. "What are you waiting for?"

He silently took a bowl from the tray and started slurping down the food. Aunt Sunny just scratched the back of her head frustratedly.

"Goodmorning!" The two younger tenants came down and started chatting lively, in contrast to the two older ones. They looked at Aunt Sunny as if questioning the awkward silence between the two of you, but she just shrugged and gave them their meals.

"Clean up for yourselves, okay? I'll be out until 5. Lock the front door if you're all going out. I'll leave the house to all of you. Behave, okay? You know the rules." Aunt Sunny said, looking at the 4 tenants in front of her, her gaze resting longer at Kai and you.

"Ne!" Sanha and Eunwoo chorused as the other two just nodded.

"I'll be out too." You mumbled as you got up, taking your bowl to the sink to wash it. Kai immediately stood up and followed you to the sink. 

The three left on the dining area just looked at each other before shaking their heads.

"Leave them be." Aunt Sunny said, waving at the two younger boys. They nodded and continued eating. Aunt Sunny winced at the shattering of something, probably a glass, in the sink. She shook her head before walking upstairs, trying to keep out of the two's issue.

You stopped moving as the glass shattered, colliding with the marble floor. Kai stood beside you, his eyes remained focus on your face.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt? You should move away from this area, you might step on the broken glasses." Kai said worriedly as he moved to grab your arm. You moved away from his touch and continued washing your bowl. Kai watched as you finished washing.

"I'll do that." He insisted, trying to grab the broom and dustpan from your grasp but you moved them away from him.

"It's okay. I can do it." You said, starting to sweep the broken glasses, keeping yourself in a safe distance when you suddenly heard Kai take a deep breath. You shook your head as you continued sweeping. You can feel Kai following you as you threw the glasses you've gathered on the trash can.

"Are you a dog or what?" You snapped as you turned around to see him flinching, his left bare foot slightly up. "What the heck are you doing?" You asked as you watch him. Kai grinned but instantly frowned when he lost balance. You immediately put down the things you were holding and grabbed his shoulder to keep him standing.

"I think I've got a splinter on my foot." Kai mumbled as you guide him back to the dining area, startling the two boys eating breakfast. 

"I'll just get the first aid kit, stay here." You said as you quickly made your way upstairs. Kai leaned his back on the chair, his eyes following you until you were out of his sight. 

It's good that you didn't see him staring at you as if you were the last piece of chicken he'll ever see, or else you would've melted on the spot.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Kai heard Sanha asked him. He just nodded and waved the kid off.

"Have you been fighting with noona?" Sanha asked again as Eunwoo nudged him, glaring at his over-talkative friend.

Kai chuckled.

"No, we're not fighting." Kai answered, amused with the young boy's question.

"Lovers' quarrel then?"

Kai smirked, looking at his now swollen foot.

"I wish." He mumbled.

"I'm back. Put your foot here." 

Kai was startled when you suddenly popped out of nowhere and pulled another chair in front of him, patting the cushion. You helped him put his injured foot and knelt in front of his foot before started doing your thing. You tilted his foot as you observed the splinter. The splinter wasn't that big but it made a long cut, a thumb length cut. 

"Good thing the glass didn't go deeper into your skin. But unfortunately, you'll have a long ugly scar on your foot. Too bad you're a dancer." You muttered as you slowly took out the small piece of glass from his foot with a pair of tweezers. Kai bit his lip as he groaned in pain. You chuckled as you gently pat a clean wet towel on the cut. You squeezed a few drops of alcohol on a cotton ball.

"This will sting a little." You warned as you gently dabbed the cotton ball around the wound. Kai just stared at you, feeling numb all of a sudden. You cleaned the wound, finishing the process with a bandage, long enough for the cut.

"Can you walk?" You asked, standing up as you put everything back to the kit. Kai held on the chair as he tried standing up and walked a few steps, he successfully did. When you saw that, you slightly smiled.

"Good. I need to go now. I have a shift at 10. Be careful when walking." You said, rushing back upstairs to prepare yourself for work. Kai, once again, followed you with his longing eyes. The two boys, who were still on the table, watched everything like they were watching a K-drama. 

"We are living under the same roof and you were right in front of me earlier but why do I still miss you?" Kai mumbled as he slowly walked towards the stairs, leaving the two interested boys in the dining area.

"Are they in a relationship or something? I think I saw sparks earlier when they were together." Sanha whispered at his friend, who just shrugged in reply.

"Don't jump into conclusions, Sanha." Eunwoo scolded the younger one before nodding. "But you're kind of right. It's not impossible fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter