❀ Chapter 12: I Knew It ❀

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, are you coming or not?"

Tiffany and Joohyuk waited for you to react or answer as you stared at them with a blank face.

You blinked like you just woke up from a dream.

"Ne? What are we talking about?" You innocently asked as you wiped the table in front of you. 

"Aish. Did you seriously just stare at us while we were telling you a lot of things?!" Tiffany whined, hitting Joohyuk beside her, who just scoffed and moved away from the two of you.

"Hyuk! You're not gonna help me?" Tiffany asked with a pout.

Joohyuk glanced at you before looking back at Tiffany.

"You can do it. Fighting~"

Tiffany frowned, crossing her arms as the boy went back to the counter. She looked at you with a sigh.

"Dongsaeng~" Tiffany sang as she approached you.

"What is it, unnie?" 

"Well, you see, DanWiMu is having its anniversary this Saturday and—"

"If you're inviting me to go, no thanks, unnie." You said without any signs of hesitation.

"It's not like you have anything to do this weekend, right? Come on! It feels like a year since we hung out together!" Tiffany groaned.

"I..."

Saturday? That means he'll be there?

You looked at Tiffany and sighed.

"I'll think about it."

Tiffany pouted but nodded at you.

You were in the middle of serving orders when you heard your name got called. 

You looked around and saw a very familiar face. Your eyes widened.

"Seulgi?" You whispered.

You immediately put down the orders on the right table and walked quickly towards her.

She was sitting on the table near the window with two other girls.

"I knew it was you!" Seulgi exclaimed when you got near her. You grinned and hugged her as she stood up from her seat.

Seulgi was the only one who gave you so much comfort and care when you needed a friend. When you got kicked out of your house, you met Seulgi on the way. She's a daughter of your Aunt Sunny's friend. You spent so much time together that you can be mistaken as sisters. You're on the same age as her, that's why you both understood each other more. 

But one day, she went away.

You didn't know why but it was fine as long as she got to say her farewell to you. It hurt so much to let go of the only friend you had back then but it made you so much stronger too.

That's why you're so thankful to meet Joohyuk when you turned 18, working as a part-time employee in the same café when you were in college and becoming best of friends with Tiffany, who was already working there.

"When did you come back here? I thought I'll never see you again!" You said, pulling away from the hug but letting your hands stay on her shoulders.

"Well, I guess we'll be staying here for a few weeks. Not for good though but I'll be happy to catch up with you everyday!" Seulgi replied grinning at you, making her eyes turn into crescents.

"You're still the same Seulgi I've known. I'm glad." You smiled.

"Yah! Are you making me cry now? Oh." Seulgi turned towards the girls she's with. "(Y/n), I want you to meet my friends. This is Wendy," The cute-faced girl waved with a friendly smile. "and this is Irene." The other girl beside Wendy that has a cold aura but as she slightly smiled at you, you felt calm.

They are so pretty. Where did they even come from?

Seulgi pulled you towards their table and made you sit even though you kept on telling her that you're on-duty right now.

"We'll just talk for a bit." 

You sighed in defeat before nodding.

"So, is there any reason why you came back? I mean, you went to America to study, right?" You asked Seulgi.

"Yes. I just came back from America last week. I'm sorry I haven't contacted you for a long long time. I'm currently working on a performance right now. These girls made me join them." Seulgi pointed the two girls silently chatting in front of the both of you.

"Performance?" You asked with your eyebrows almost knitted together.

"Yep. There's this place called DanWiMu, where you can dance, sing or anything as long as it's with music. These girls have been bugging me to dance with them since they needed to fill a slot. I agreed though since they're my friends." Seulgi narrated then sipped on her drink. You listened to her attentively, missing how you two conversed before.

"I know that place. I've been there before." You commented with a nod.

"Really? That's great! You can watch me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter