❁ Epilogue: With You ❁

Devil Dancer Next Door || 엑소 카이
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 4 years...

"Hmm..."

You whined as the warmth from behind you left you in the cold. 

"Yeobo..." You mumbled quietly, turning to him. 

"Shh. Just go back to sleep, I'll cook breakfast. You've been overworking yourself lately. Let me serve you, baby."

You smiled sleepily as Kai gently kissed your forehead before completely getting up from the bed. As you heard the door closed, you got back in your dreamland instantly.

"Breakfast's here." 

You lazily opened your eyes, getting blessed by the wonderful sight before you. You giggled as you observed Kai's outfit.

"Why are you wearing an apron without anything underneath besides your boxers? Are you seducing me, you devil?" You laughed as you pointed at him, all your sleepiness got thrown outside the window. Kai smirked at you, putting the bed tray on top of your legs after you've sat up straight. 

"You like it, babe?"

"No. Go and put some clothes on. It's cold."

Kai pouted, sitting down beside you as he grabbed his plain white t-shirt hanging on the headboard of the bed, wearing it as you've commanded.

He's such a submissive husband to you.

Not at night though, if you know what I mean.

"You're cold, yeobo." He mumbled as you picked up the chopsticks on the side of the bowl. Kai cooked bibimbap, making you slightly giggle at the heart-shaped egg on the center. 

"Thanks for the meal, Kai." You smiled at him, making his pout turn into a grin. He leaned towards you for a good morning kiss when you put a spoonful of rice in your mouth. You chewed slowly, winking at him as he poked your cheek.

"I'll get back at you, yeobo." Kai murmured, smiling as he watched you happily gulp down his cooking. 

In the middle of your conversation with your husband—

Yes, Kim Jongin is now your husband.

It's been a year since your unforgettable marriage with this guy. After 3 years of studying to become a professional Pediatrician in Singapore, when you got back in Seoul, you got married to this devil dancer. Kai patiently waited for you as you've told him to, preparing the plans in making his own school. Soohyun, his older brother, got back before you two went to Singapore before, going back to being the President of the company as the heir. 

Currently, Kai has started the building of his own Performing Arts School a year and a half ago, where talented students can hone their skills efficiently and effectively in the future, with the help of his friend, Engineer Park. The building's almost finished, maybe by the end of the month, it'll be complete already. It's not that small nor too big, it's simple but elegant-looking on its exterior, but when you get inside, you'll feel at home and comfortable, just as Kai wanted it to be. After your marriage, you two lived in a simple house in Seoul, just large enough for you two and your future children.

In summary, everything's going well for the two of you.

You're still not pregnant though, if that's what you're thinking.

Your phone suddenly rang, making Kai frown as the familiar ringtone filled the room.

"Don't tell me—" Kai stopped speaking when you raised your hand at him and quickly picked up the call.

"Yes?" 

"Doc, there's an emergency here about the patient from last week. Please come—"

"I'll be there in a moment."

You sighed as you quickly put the bed tray on the side.

"Please wash the dishes for me, baby. I've got to go back in the hospital." You caressed Kai's cheeks with a smile. "I'm sorry, I can't spend this weekend with you. I'll be back before dinner."

"That's fine. I know you've got your hands full and..." Kai looked away from you, getting the bed tray and standing up. "...just as long as you come home to me, I'm fine."

"I'll make it up to you soon, okay?" You said with a hopeful smile, Kai just hummed in reply as he got out of the room. You got worried about Kai, thinking that you're often abandoning him because of your non-stop working hours. You knew he kept this weekend free of his work, so he can spend his time with you, but here you are, instantly ruining the day the moment you woke up. Even though he's got so many things to do at work, he still manages to clear a few days for you.

You groaned as you ran inside the bathroom to prepare yourself for another hectic day.

"I'm going now, yeobo." You called out to Kai while wearing your flat shoes by the front door. Kai quickly ran towards you with a lunch box on his hand.

"Here, your lunch. Don't forget to eat, alright? I'll wait for you."

You brought your arms around his neck and pressed your lips on his, pouring your longing and passion in the kiss. Kai wrapped his arms on your waist, pulling you closer as he reciprocated your action, tilting his head to have a better angle to kiss you. 

Ghad, he missed you so much.

"Come back home quickly, okay? I'll be a good boy here." Kai mumbled at your lips as he stared into your eyes after your heated kiss. You grinned, nodding as you pecked his lips one more time before pulling away. 

"Yes. I'll be back with a treat then." You winked as you got the lunch box from his hand. His eyes twinkled as he heard the word treat, knowing that it'll be his favorite.

"I'll look forward to that, yeobo!" 

"You should, my househusband." You giggled as you waved at him, watching as he whine at your nickname for him.

Even though you two just meet only in the morning and at night often when it's a weekday, your longing for each other's presence just gets stronger and it'll pay off as weekend comes. After all, your love for each other doesn't decrease just because you don't see each other often, it's just increases as time passes by.

I probably should do something for him.

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫  

"Dr. Kim! Are you okay?!"

As you heard your assistant pounded on the bathroom door of your office, you groaned. Your head throbbing as you leaned on the wall after vomiting on the toilet. Your stomach felt like it was squeezed, forcing out your breakfast this morning. You took a deep breath before slowly standing up, having the wall as your support. You glanced at your reflection on the mirror, your cheeks were red and your lips are slightly pale. You felt nauseous again.

Could it be?

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I think I ate too much earlier." You said, nodding at yourself. 

"Are you sure? You don't need anything, Doc?"

You thought for a moment, taking out your phone to check your calendar. You bit your lower lip as you saw what date today is, closing your eyes after. 

It's been 3 months since your last period.

"Can you buy something for me?" 

"Yes, anything, Dr. Kim."

Your cheeks were slightly blushing as you stare at the small object on your hand. You're currently sitting on the cover of the toilet bowl, waiting for the result of this pregnancy test. Your lips were slightly trembling in perturbation, feet continuously tapping on the white-tiled floor. Your eyes never left the object when two red lines appeared, in contrast to its white color.

"Oh my." Your eyes watered as you couldn't believe the result on your hand. "Oh ghad. Kai will be so happy." You grinned as tears fell down on your cheeks.

"Dr. Kim, are you finished?"

You quickly stood up from the bowl and opened the door with a smile on your face, startling Ji Eun, your assistant. 

"I'm pregnant, Ji Eun-ah!" You hugged her tight like a teddy bear while giggling. She was sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter