the green eyed monster attacks

losing and finding

‘’No! That space shouldn’t be left uncovered!’’ Tiffany was having something close to a meltdown, the workers were not getting her instructions, this was their last floor and they were getting everything wrong, so she was about ready to slap them across the face.

She groans loudly and closes her eyes, trying to calm herself down ‘’you know what? It’s been a long day, let’s just stop here for now. I’ll see you tomorrow’’ she dismisses them with a wave of her hand

They all just stay silent, a little scared and not wanting to further exasperate their boss. She’s never like this, she’s a very patient person, but they know even the most patient of people snap sometimes.

She whips out her phone and is about to text Taeyeon when she sees her come out of her office and walk in her direction.

‘’Hey’’ the CEO says simply and kisses her girlfriend’s cheek ‘’how’s work going?’’

‘’ugh, not good. I just let them go’’

‘’why?’’ the blonde is confused, these past few months everything has been going smoothly, so she’s surprised to hear things have took a turn

‘’things are just not going the way I want, the workers are not doing what I say, some of the orders were misplaced so they delivered the wrong materials, I don’t know, everything is just a little messy’’

Taeyeon side hugs the brunette and rubs her arms in a way to calm her down ‘’hey, everything is going to work out just fine. I mean, it’s you, you’re going to make it work’’ she smiles reassuringly

Her words seem to have worked because her smile makes a return to Tiffany’s face

‘’Thank you, Tae. You always know just what to say’’

‘’Any time, babe’’ the blonde leans in and steals a quick kiss from her girl’s lips, who blushes in return

‘’Tae, people can see us’’ she half whispers, even the only person in the floor other than them was Hani, who has grabbing her stuff, ready to leave

‘’and?’’

‘’I don’t want them to talk’’

‘’let them talk, I don’t care, I’m the owner of this company and if I want to kiss my beautiful girlfriend I will’’ she finishes with a smile

Tiffany laughs and pushes Taeyeon’s shoulders softly

‘’okay, okay, so since you’re done, how about I take you for some gelato. I hear there’s a new place a few blocks away from here’’

‘’that sounds amazing right now’’

‘’perfect, let me just go grab my purse’’

The blonde comes back a minute later, purse in hand, ‘’let’s go’’ she takes the brunettes hand and they walk to the elevator.

 

 

They drive separately since they both took their vehicles to Kim Co. The couple enter the little shop and place their orders. When they have their cups in their hands, they walk to one of the tables and sit down to enjoy it.

‘’oh my god, this is hands down the best gelato I’ve ever had’’ Tiffany says after her first spoonful

‘’wow, it is’’ Taeyeon agrees, a little dazed from the deliciousness

They spend a few minutes enjoying their dessert in silence, Tiffany is browsing the internet on her phone, seeing god knows what, and Taeyeon is texting Yuri

‘’what do you think of the Seoul Academy?’’

Taeyeon furrows her brows at the sudden question ‘’why?’’

‘’I’m trying to get the twins to get into their preschool, and maybe continue there up until high school’’

‘’aren’t they a little too young for preschool?’’

‘’Yes, but the preschool has a nursery division, they only accept a limited amount of children though’’

‘’well, it is one of the best schools in South Korea, I went there, so I should know’’

‘’you went there?’’

‘’Yeah, up until high school, my brother also went there, my friends all went there, and my little sister is in her first year of high school right now. They have one of the most complete programs in the country’’

‘’that’s why it’s so hard to get in, I have no problem to pay the tuition, but I’ve heard that if you want your kids to get in, you need connections’’

‘’I know. Now, I don’t know anybody who works there currently, but I’m sure I can make a call and it will be arranged’’

Tiffany springs up from her seat and envelops the tiny blonde in a soul crushing hug ‘’oh my god, thank you so much’’ Tiffany is a person who likes to achieve things for herself, but she is intelligent to know that sometimes, a little help doesn’t hurt.

 

 

Taeyeon knows just how stunning her girlfriend is. She notices how people stare at them both when they’re out, but she can differentiate the looks. She knows she gets looked at because of who she is, and her girlfriend because of how she looks.

Even though she doesn’t get out much because of the twins, when she does, all eyes are on her. Some of the owners of those eyes even approach her and try to get her number or flirt, to which the brunette rejects every time. Not once in the time they’ve dated has Taeyeon felt jealous, for she knows she has the real deal. But here she is now, shooting daggers to a certain pair a few feet away from her. She stepped out of her office to take Tiffany to lunch, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed Tiffany immersed in conversation with an unknown man. Normally, that wouldn’t bother her, but the way Tiffany laughs at whatever this guy is saying wakes something up in her, and the smiles he’s throwing at her, those smiles similar people give her girlfriend whenever they try to approach her are what set her off.

She sees Tiffany’s assistant, Sunjung, get out from the elevator, reading some documents until she call for his attention, sensing an opportunity to find out more about this person.

‘’Sunjung-ah’’ she whisper-shouts realizing she’s still in open space and waves at him to come closer

‘’Ms. Kim, what can I do for you?’’ the blond says with a smile

‘’do you know who’s that person talking to Tiffany?’’ she points with her eyes in the direction of the pair

‘’oh’’ he exclaims once he figures who she’s referring to ‘’that’s Choi Minho, he’s an architect who usually works as a consultant for the company’’

‘’well, they seem awfully close to only have a work-related relationship’’

‘’that’s because they used to date’’ upon realizing what he just let out, Sunjung shakes his head

‘’what?’’ the blonde says, taking in his words

‘’please forget I mentioned that, it was a mistake’’ he begs ‘’she will kill me if she finds out I told you that’’

‘’don’t worry, I won’t say a thing’’ she says and sets her jaw ‘’that was all, you can continue what you were going to do’’

He merely nods and walks away to hand the documents to Tiffany. Now that their conversation seems to have come to a stop, Taeyeon decides to get close.

‘’Tiffany, are you ready?’’ the brunette senses a cold tone in her girlfriend’s voice but doesn’t comment on it, she just smiles ‘’Yes. Let me just introduce you to someone. This is Minho, he’s a consultant for the company, and a dear friend of mine.

‘’oh’’ she feigns surprise, as if she hadn’t heard that information a few moments ago ‘’it’s nice to meet you Minho’’ she uses her fakest smile and extends her hand

‘’and Minho, this is-‘’ but her sentence is cut short by her friend’s next words ‘’I believe this woman doesn’t need an introduction’’ he smiles charmingly, ‘’it’s a pleasure to meet one of the greatest entrepreneurs of this country’’ the man takes her hand and shakes it firmly, the smile never leaving his face

Taeyeon smiles smugly at the recognition and ends the handshake ‘’well, it’s always nice to meet Tiffany’s friends. But I must say it’s the first time I’ve heard about you, Minho’’

The brunette is shocked at Taeyeon’s words and Minho’s smile disappears from his face ‘’I’m sure she has her reasons’’ he says bitterly.

‘’Well, as much as we’d like to stay and chat, we’’ she says as she puts an arm around Tiffany’s waist in a very possessive manner ‘’have reservations’’

Tiffany doesn’t like Taeyeon’s attitude towards Minho, but decides it’s best to mention it later. Minho notices the action and looks at Tiffany, as if searching for an explanation, but the brunette doesn’t show any.

‘’it’s okay, you go on. I’ll talk to you later, Tiff. Ms. Kim, it was a pleasure’’ the blonde only nods in response

‘’See you later, Minho’’ the brunette says and waves goodbye to her friend before walking off with Taeyeon, the latter never once taking her arm from her waist.

 

 

Taeyeon drives them there, since Tiffany’s SUV is in the repair shop. It’s rush hour and so far they’ve been stuck on traffic for almost 20 minutes. 20 minutes in which Taeyeon hasn’t uttered a single word. She’s just looking straight ahead, jaw set.

‘’why were you like that to Minho?’’ Tiffany finally says, not trying to hide the anger in her voice

‘’like what?’’ Taeyeon says and the brunette scoffs

‘’don’t play dumb with me, Taeyeon. You were unnecessarily rude to him’’

‘’unnecessarily?’’ she asks raising a brow

‘’Yes. Would you care explaining why?’’

Taeyeon laughs, ‘’and you still ask me why?’’ but the brunette looks nothing but confused

‘’don’t play dumb, Tiffany. You know very well why’’

‘’I don’t, so please, enlighten me’’ she crosses her arms and awaits an answer

‘’if you had noticed the way he was looking at you, you wouldn’t be asking’’

‘’what are you talking about? He wasn’t giving any special looks’’

‘’of course you didn’t see it. But I did, and I think that’s enough of a reason. And the fact that he’s your ex-boyfriend didn’t help either’’ she says the word with nothing but disdain

‘’wait, how do you know that?’’

Taeyeon closes her eyes, she ed up mentioning that, but she already said it so she’s not going to back down.

‘’who cares who told me. What matters is that you did nothing to push him away, you only encouraged him to continue’’

‘’oh my god! You’re unbelievable. He’s just my friend, Taeyeon. I don’t need your permission to have friends’’

‘’a friend who you used to date’’

‘’You know what, you’re being ridiculous right now’’

‘’why? Because I don’t like it when people shamelessly flirt with my girlfriend?’’

‘’Yes, you don’t see me making you a scene when girls basically throw themselves at you’’ she throws back at the blonde, anger obvious in her voice

‘’what girls?’’ it’s Taeyeon’s turn to be surprised

‘’the ones at your company, especially that intern, Seolhyun’’

‘’what about her? She’s a nice girl’’

‘’a nice girl who uses every opportunity to be close to you’’

‘’I’m supposed to be her mentor, of course she wants to be close to me, but not for the reasons you’re implying’’ oh, but Taeyeon knows what Tiffany is talking about, but she won’t admit it.

‘’and does that include her using the shortest skirts known to men and openly flirting with you’’

‘’look who’s being ridiculous now?’’

‘’I’m being ridiculous? You just said the same thing about Minho earlier’’ the brunette throws her hands in the air in exasperation

‘’whatever’’ is all Taeyeon says

‘’I can’t with you right now’’ she moves and opens the door of Taeyeon’s car

‘’Hey! Where are you going?’’

‘’Away from you, it’s obvious you’re not going to change your attitude, and I don’t want to deal with this right now’’

‘’of course you don’t!’’ she says when the brunette is unfastening her seatbelt ‘’you’re probably going to run to him right now, aren’t you?’’

All she receives is a rather loud slam of her car door

‘’aaaaaaghhhh’’ she shouts and hits the steering wheel. She should probably go after Tiffany, but she’s so mad herself she doesn’t think it’s a good idea. So she goes home instead to try and clear her thoughts.

 

 

She’s called Tiffany a dozen times, sent a bunch of messages. She thinks about texting the brunette’s friends to know where she’s at, but they probably know about how much she messed up and is embarrassed to talk to them. She knows she was unfair to Tiffany, it wasn’t her fault, and besides, she was totally right about the Seolhyun situation. She takes a deep breath and grabs her keys, deciding to look for Tiffany and apologize.

She’s about to drive off to the first place that comes into her mind, hoping Tiffany is there.

 

She knocks on the door and soon enough, the owner of the house opens the door. Giving her a glare so cold that’s sure to make everyone who witnesses it pee their pants.

‘’Unless you’re here to fix things, I’d advise you to go away’’ Jessica says, her voice as cold as her killer glare

‘’I am’’ she manages to say, nervous from the staring

The other girl moves aside to let her in ‘’she’s in the living room’’ she simply says

‘’thank you’’ the blonde bows before entering, which appeases the other girl

 

 

‘’Tiffany’’ she calls out softly at the sight of the other girl playing with the twins in the carpet of Jessica’s living room. The brunette lifts her head up and looks at her, and Taeyeon notices the slightly puffy eyes, surely from crying. And it makes her feel even worse because she knows she’s the cause of it.

‘’what do you want, Taeyeon’’ she says, voice devoid of emotion

The blonde sits in the carpet in front of her, grabbing the attention of the twins, who throw themselves in her arms. She places a kiss on the top of their heads and puts them on the floor so they keep playing.

‘’I want to apologize. I’m sorry for everything I said. It was childish of me’’ she admits

‘’it was. But your words weren’t what hurt me the most. It was your lack of trust. You don’t have a reason to be jealous. I’m with you. Not with Minho, not with anyone. You. So you should be sure of my feelings for you’’

‘’I am. I am. I just let jealousy get the best of me. And I guess finding out you two used to date was what drove me crazy’’

The brunette makes a pause, and Taeyeon panics, ‘’you know why I broke up with Minho?’’

The blonde shakes her head slowly.

‘’he was my first boyfriend. I had the biggest crush on him, he was the most popular guy in school, so when he asked me out, I didn’t think twice to say yes. But I quickly realized that he was immature, he didn’t take our relationship seriously. So I didn’t see a future with him and broke us up. We remained good friends after that. When my company started growing, he applied for the consultant job, and knowing he was very good, I hired him. Upon knowing about my single status, he asked me out again, and at that time, I thought about accepting him many many times. But I knew he was still the same Minho I broke up with once. I made clear that I didn’t want anything with him. He stopped with the invitations, but I guess sometimes that flirty side of him does come out. Like what you saw today. But like I said, I’m with you, only you.’’ She pauses again and takes a big breath ‘’and I’m with you because you’ve proven time after time that you’re committed, that you’re intentions are genuine, that your feelings for me won’t change. And neither will mine’’ the taller girl puts her hands on Taeyeon’s cheeks as the tears roll now freely down her face

‘’I’m really sorry, Fany. I promise this won’t happen again, please forgive me. I know that I’m an idiot. Please take me back’’ the blonde cries, wiping her tears with her hands

‘’come here idiot, of course I forgive you’’ she says softly before the blonde connects their lips in a tender kiss, their lips moving together so perfectly before a tugging on Taeyeon’s shirt interrupts them and they both look down at the source and smile

‘’come here little ones’’ the blonde grabs both kids and hugs them, they stand on her legs and return the hug. Taeyeon opens her arms as an invitation for the brunette to join them, and she gladly accepts it, throwing herself at them.

‘’thank you for forgiving me, you don’t know how lucky I am to have you, all of you’’ the brunette only responds by kissing her girlfriend’s lips.

They stay like that for a few minutes until the sound of a camera snapping a picture grabs their attention and they see Jessica standing in front of them, holding up her phone and smiling at them.

The girl is glad the couple worked things out, even though she was ready to beat some sense into the blonde.  But she’s glad nonetheless, glad her friend has this short idiot in her life.

 

 

‘’Taeyeon’’ the brunette breathes out in between kisses ‘’we should stop before someone comes in’’

‘’don’t worry, no one is going to come in’’ the brunette knows they should stop, but when Taeyeon is kissing her like that, she can’t find it within herself to put a stop to this.

Taeyeon’s hands start to roam around her back, dangerously close to her bottom, when someone barges in

‘’I’m sorry Ms. Kim, I tried to stop him’’ Hani says apologetically, but Taeyeon doesn’t say anything, she merely watches speechless at the responsible for the interruption, who in turn, only raises an eyebrow

‘’care to explain?’’


 

Hi guys!!! here's another chapter for you, i hope you enjoyed it. this is like the max drama i'm gonna write because i personally don't like it.

anyway, who do you think it is that left taeyeon so speechless???

 

thank you for reading and overall support!!!

 

see you next chapter!!! 

 

pd: please support red velvet in their comeback:) i loved their song and the mini album!!! but since sm dropped something about exo they're not getting enough attention :/ so if you can and want, please support them!

one more thing, please excuse me but i don't know sh!t about interior designing, that's why sometimes it doesn't make much sense when it comes to Tiffany's work related scenes.

~~~summerstormz