pool of love

losing and finding

‘’Oh, a pool party?’’ Seohyun asks a little surprised

‘’Yeah, the kids love water so we thought we could throw them a little pool party’’

Ever since moving into their new home, almost every Sunday for the past 2 months have been spent in the pool, Tiffany and Taeyeon have taken it upon themselves to teach their kids how to swim from a young age, taking the fact that they seem to love water to their advantage.

‘’Little? I know Auntie is helping Tiff with the organizing, so I doubt it will be little’’ Yuri raises an eyebrow

‘’That’s what I thought at first, but we talked to her and said we didn’t want anything too big, just our closest friends and family’’ Taeyeon explains

‘’You are welcome to bring a date if you want’’ Tiffany winks at her friends

‘’This will be perfect for you, Yoona. Put those parental skills into practice, girls love that’’

Tiffany turns to look at Taeyeon with narrowed eyes, ‘’oh, do they?’’

The blonde begins to sweat under her girlfriend’s stare and looks everywhere but her face, and seeing her friend in need of help, Yuri steps forward to the rescue.

‘’She just meant that this is an opportunity to impress that cute baker she’s interested in’’

‘’Yup, that’s what I meant’’ Taeyeon laughs nervously. Tiffany seems to be at peace with Yuri’s words but she doesn’t want to risk anything by opening again.

‘’Anyway, don’t forget to bring your swimsuit’’ Tiffany reminds them, ‘’also, there’s going to be an open bar for the adults, so if you want to stay over, bring an extra change of clothing’’

Everyone’s eyes light up at that.

 

Two. Their babies are turning two. Tiffany thinks of how time goes by so fast. It seems like yesterday she was just being rushed into the hospital after her water broke in the middle of a meeting. Yeah, she was so stubborn back then, thinking she could manage her enormous belly and her work at the same time.

She remembers how loud their cries were that even the doctor and nurses flinched. They were definitely hers. She remembers how her whole world changed. Whenever she felt sad, she could take a look at their faces and it would vanish. Whenever she felt weak, they gave her a reason to be strong. Whenever she felt lonely, they would be right there for her.

And now, two whole years after, she would have never thought she’d be raising them along with someone else. Someone’s whose world was also turned upside down by their presence. Someone who loved them as much as her. Who would give everything to make them happy, and most importantly, who made them feel safe.

The couple were lying on their sides in bed with their two little angels fast asleep in between them.

‘’God, can you believe they’re this big now?’’ the blonde leans and drops a feather-like kiss on Irene’s cheek. ‘’I still remember how small they were when I met them’’ she looks dreamily at their sleeping faces.

She still can’t believe her life now. Two kids and an amazing girlfriend, hopefully future wife, the perfect family. If someone had told her this would be her life now, she would have laughed in their face. This is just like a dream, no not even that. Because in her dreams, she never saw herself surrounded by this much love. She just saw herself getting older with an equally old Ginger by her side. Maybe visiting her friends’ families and buying presents for their children. A family of her own seemed like a distant, very distant, thought.

‘’You should have seen them when they were newborns, they fitted in my dad’s palm’’ the brunette giggles softly, as to not wake the little ones.

Tiffany shares some memories of the first months of the twins, and Taeyeon listens intently at every single one. She looks at Tiffany and sees the adoration and love in her face when she talks about them. The look of a parent. And she smiles widely. She thinks of her plans for the near future and she thinks it’s might be time to let Tiffany know about it.

‘’What?’’ Tiffany asks

‘’What what?’’

‘’Your sudden smile’’ the brunette teases

‘’Nothing much, I’m just happy’’ the smile on the blonde’s face only grows.

‘’About?’’

‘’About how happy I am by our life, how it turned out. You know, never in a million years I thought I’d be where I am right now, with you guys’’

‘’Tae…’’ Tiffany leans forward as much as she can without crushing the little bodies next to her and plants a kiss to her girlfriend’s lips.

‘’Me neither, I thought that after what happened, I’d never find someone who was willing to stay with us. But you came along and as time went by, I believed in that small possibility even more. And look at us now’’

‘’I love you, so much’’ Taeyeon exhales, a tear escaping her eye.

‘’I love you too, my Taetae’’

After a few minutes more, they begin to get sleepy and drift off to sleep.

 

 

It’s finally the day of the party, everyone’s busy getting everything ready. Even though it’s supposed to be a ‘small’ party, is anything ever small for the Kim’s and the Hwang’s? Especially not when it comes to their two precious little things.

‘’Is all the food placed in the tables outside?’’ asks Mrs. Kim, who along with Tiffany, Hayeon and Michelle, is the mastermind behind the event.

‘’Umm’’ responds a stuttering Taeyeon, the blonde takes a look at her housekeeper who gives her a thumbs up, ‘’Yes, it’s ready mom’’

After suggesting a cowboy themed party, Taeyeon, Mr. Hwang and Mr. Kim were all banned from the organizing, and they thought it was for the better, none of them had much experience in the matter after all.

‘’Good, good’’ Mrs. Kim exhales, ‘’then I guess it’s all ready’’ she checks her watch, ‘’and we still have 5 minutes before everyone arrives.

‘’Do you know where Tiffany is?’’ Taeyeon asks looking around

‘’She’s upstairs with Hayeon and Michelle getting the kids ready. Maybe you should head over there and see if they need anything’’ the blonde’s mom suggests and she nods, turning around and taking the elevator in their house to the 3rd floor, where her and Tiffany’s room is.

When she gets off the elevator and is nearing the room, she hears laughing and smiles. God knows what her girlfriend, sister, and sister-in-law are up to.

She opens the door slowly and sees Hayeon sitting on the bed, while Tiffany and Michelle are standing up and drying the twins’ bodies, no doubt after a shower.

The first to notice her is Irene who breaks into a huge smile, ‘’Ma’’ she squeals and fuzzes on the bed until she’s running in Taeyeon’s direction.

Ah, how Taeyeon loves when that word comes out of their mouth.

The first time it happened was 3 months ago, before they moved in.

It’s been a few weeks since they said their first word. They expected it to be something like ‘’mom’’ or ‘’mommy, you know, typical first-word thing. But the little rascals had surprised them when instead Irene said ‘’Bambi’’, after having had seen that movie far too many times, and Kai said ‘’yinya’’, probably meaning to say the name of Taeyeon’s dog, Ginger. The couple laughed it up and celebrated the achievement by giving them their favorite treat, muffins.

The days passed, and they uttered new words, such as ‘’wata’’which meant water, ‘’mik’’ which meant milk and ‘’poo’’ which meant both poop and pool, it was their job to guess in the moment what it meant. And one rainy afternoon they were picking them up from Seohyun’s, on the way to the car, Irene was in Tiffany’s arms and upon noticing the drops fall, she grabbed Tiffany’s face between her tiny hands and told her ‘’Mom, wata!’’.

Tiffany cried right there and then.

After that, it was all ‘’mom’’ this, ‘’mom’’ that from both of them. The pair was over the moon from hearing those words.

The pair was having a movie night with the kids over at Tiffany’s place. Taeyeon had brought some movies from her collection and both kids and their mom were delighted, making little squealing sounds.

After a couple of movies, they moved to the dining room to have dinner, prepared by chef Taeyeon. They were all enjoying their dinner quietly, when suddenly.

‘’Ma, mik’’ were the two simple words that came out of Irene’s mouth.

The two adult stopped what they were doing to look at the little girl, who was thirsty and didn’t like they were not responding to her call. She waved her little hands in front of Taeyeon’s face to call for her attention

‘’Ma! Ma! Mik!’’ the little girl pointed at her sippy cup that was next to Taeyeon’s plate. That action made everything clear, she was calling Taeyeon ‘Ma’. The blonde’s heart leaped in excitement as her tears fell, she went up and gave a tight hug to her baby girl.

Irene did not understand what it was all about but hugged her ‘ma’ anyway.

 

Her pearly white teeth suddenly show at the name, she crouches down to the girl’s level and lifts her in the air, making everyone else in the room laugh, well, everyone except a sulking little boy.

‘’Aww, is my baby boy mad?’’ the blonde cooed at Kai while Irene was still in her arms, she placed her in the bed to be dressed and in a swift movement grabbed the little boy and spun around the room, effectively making him laugh.

She slaps his little round and gives him a kiss, ‘’don’t be sad Kai, ma loves you very much too’’.

‘’He gets really jealous, you know’’ Tiffany points out, ‘’just this week I was patting Ginger and he came over to where I was and grabbed my hand so I patted him instead’’

‘’Aww, that’s so cute’’ Hayeon comments.

‘’I know right?’’ Michelle joins in, ‘’well now that Tae is here we’re going downstairs to see if your mom needs help with anything’’

‘’Thanks guys, we’ll be there in a bit’’ Tiffany smiles at the two as they leave. ‘’Hey, can you put Kai’s swimsuit on?’’

‘’Sure thing babe’’

This is how they did it. They helped each other in everything, whether it was the twins, keeping the house clean (the cleaning being done by the housekeeper) or sometimes cooking.

A few minutes pass and they kids are ready to go, they both get changed into their clothes for the party and grab the hands of the little ones and walk out of the room and into the elevator.

Once on the first floor, they head outside. Everything is nicely decorated, there’s inflatable animals on a side of the pool. The food and dessert tables are filled, the bar is working. There’s a little sand section where the kids (and adults) can make castles. Everything’s perfect.

So far only 2 minutes have passed since the arranged party time, so besides their parents, Taeyeon’s siblings and Michelle who are enjoying a cocktail, with the exception of Hayeon of course, there’s really no one else.

Then they hear the doorbell ring and a few moments later Leo and his now wife walk through the door to the patio, with a wrapped box in hand.

The couple of newlyweds walk closer to them and kneel in front of the kids.

‘’Happy birthday guys!’’ Uncle Leo says before embracing them in a tight hug and his wife Nicole gives them a kiss on their cheeks

‘’We hope you really like our present’’ the woman smiles as she hands the gift to their parents

‘’Thank you for coming. Nicole you look lovely’’ Taeyeon compliments her

‘’Thank you, it must be the married glow’’ Nicole jokes and the rest of the adults laugh.

They talk for a bit before the kids begin to tug on their hands, surely bored and wanting to go swim.

‘’Poo’’ Kai babbles while pointing to the pool

‘’We have to wait a bit, baby. Until more people arrive and then we’ll get you both into the pool, okay?’’ Tiffany explains to the pouting boy.

The bell rings again. This time it isn’t one or two people who appear through the glass door, but the rest of the gang, plus Yoona’s date, Nana, who they’ve only met once before.

They’re all already dressed in their swimwear, ready for the occasion.

The group shower the kids in hugs and kisses, which makes them laugh from happiness. Receiving love from their aunties has always been one of their favorite things.

‘’Wow Taeng, I see those times Tiff dragged you to the gym have really paid off’’ Yuri whistles at the blonde, who’s wearing an open button up blue shirt that shows her baby blue bikini top and well-defined abs, along with some orange and blue striped shorts.

‘’I know’’ Tiffany answers for her, side-hugging her and feeling the area. Taeyeon places her hand on her girlfriend’s waist and her body warms up at the feeling of bare skin. She looks down and is met with the brunette’s exposed midriff, her eyes slowly travel up her body and she almost passes out at the sight of her favorite melons greeting her. The blonde shakes her head and returns her attention to her friends.

‘’I’m glad you guys are all here. The food’s over there and there’s some pretty amazing cocktails at the bar’’ Tiffany signals to the area a couple of feet away from them.

‘’Great, we’ll go put the presents over at the table’’ Hyoyeon says as she walks off with everybody’s present with the help of Seohyun. Yoona, Sooyoung, Sunny and Nana waste no time in going for the food table.

‘’Look at them, it seems as if they haven’t eaten in days’’ Jessica shakes her head in embarrassment.

‘’Taeng, why don’t you go and grab a drink with me’’ Yuri suggests as she throws her arms around Taeyeon’s shoulder.

‘’Sure, we’ll be right back girls’’

 


‘’Two margaritas, please’’ Yuri requests the bartender, who nods in response. ‘’So, we have everything set up for later’’ the tall brunette whispers

‘’Perfect. I got everything as well. I hope it turns out fine’’ Taeyeon rubs her hands together.

‘’It will, Taengoo, it will. You have to chill and enjoy the party. Everything will be perfectly fine’’

‘’Thanks bud, I don’t know what I’d do without the help from all of you’’

 

The party is a hit, there aren’t that many children around, since the kids haven’t started school and the couple don’t have many friends with kids, so it’s mostly little kids from the neighborhood whose parents are in friendly terms with the couple, a couple of Tiffany’s niece and nephews on his dad’s side. A few are children from Taeyeon’s company workers.

The kids are having a blast, playing with their aunts and uncles in the pool.

The bell rings one more time and shows Hani and her wife Solji, carrying their two month old baby in her arms.

‘’Hani-ah, Solji-ah, I’m so glad you could make it’’ Taeyeon and Tiffany greet the couple with a hug.

‘’Thank you for inviting us’’

‘’Oh my god, little Junghwa gets prettier by the day, isn’t it she’’ Tiffany coos at the small bundle of joy in Hani’s arms, who has her eyes wide awake.

‘’How’s parenting treating you?’’ Taeyeon asks, smiling at Junghwa and caressing her head.

‘’It’s been great, aside from the little sleep we get, it’s been terrific’’ Solji answers with a certain light in her eyes.

‘’I’m really happy for you two, and Hani, remember we have a talk pending’’ the blonde points with her fingers at the girl.


‘’It seems Yoona has succeeded in impressing Nana’’ Taeyeon points out, Yuri, Jessica and Sooyoung turn to look to where Yoona is being fed by a blushing Nana.

‘’I’m happy for her, they look so cute together’’ Yuri comments

‘’I know’’ Jessica adds

‘’Wow’’ Sooyoung says all of a sudden as she observes Sunny remove her dress and reveal her body clad in a small bikini. Her s almost coming out of place.

‘’Careful there, Sooyoung.’’ Taeyeon warns the taller girl.

‘’Sorry, I was just admiring her, that’s all’’

‘’Well, don’t be admiring too much. I know you broke up with your guy a few months ago and haven’t gotten laid ever since…’’

‘’Relax, Taeng. Our Soo here is just admiring the view, no need to get your in a bunch’’ Yuri pats her shoulder.

‘’Besides, I don’t think it’s me you have to be worrying about’’ Sooyoung crosses her arms over her chest

‘’What do you mean?’’ Taeyeon is confused

‘’I’m saying you should be eyeing Hyoyeon over there’’ the tall girl points with her eyes at where the girl in question is, obviously ogling Seohyun as the girl bends over in front of her and applies sunscreen to her legs.

‘’Oh, hell no’’ Tiffany appears from behind them and walks past in direction of the scene happening before their eyes, surely to scold Hyoyeon.

The group of friend can only laugh at the hellfany about to be unleashed on poor Hyoyeon.

 

 

The couple are now sitting with their parents and some of their friends, watching the kids play.

‘’Look at them, they look so happy’’ Mrs. Kim comments.

‘’They do, auntie’’ Yuri agrees.

‘’When are you two finally getting married and expanding the family?’’ Mrs. Kim asks Yuri and Jessica.

‘’Soon, I hope. Jess has been very busy with her travels around the world because of the fashion line, so we’ll see’’ Yuri answers.

‘’I already told her, I can settle here in Seoul, all she has to do is put a ring on it’’

Taeyeon notices the talk of marriage has changed Tiffany’s mood a little bit. She knows her girlfriend must be thinking about it. And it saddens her that she can’t reassure her about it, because she wants all of it to be a surprise. Soon, very soon.

She’s thankful when her father-in-law changes the direction of the conversation.

‘’They’re so big now, they’re going to be starting school soon’’ Mr. Hwang says, admiring his grandchildren.

‘’They are. By the way, where do you think of enrolling them? Because I’m not having my grandkids in no other school that isn’t Seoul Academy’’ he wags his finger at the couple, earning a laugh from the people around him.

‘’That’s exactly what I was thinking, Yunho. It is after all Seoul’s finest school’’ Tiffany’s father agrees with the man.

‘’You see, great minds think alike, Charles’’

The fact that their families are so comfortable around each other never fails to bring a smile to their faces.

‘’Ma!’’

‘’Mom!’’ Kai and Irene come running in their direction, grabbing the couple’s hands, making them stand up

‘’What is it?’’ Taeyeon asks

‘’Poo’’ Irene answers, dragging them with all their strength to the pool

‘’Oh, you want me and mommy to go into the pool with you. Let’s go then’’ the blonde takes off her shirt and walks hand in hand with Tiffany and the kids to the pool.

They play for some time, enjoying the happy faces of their kids as they lay on top of an inflatable shark, obviously with their help.

 

The party ends around 7pm, they say goodbye to all of their guests and thank them for coming. The only ones left are their family.

 

‘’That’s it’’ Hyoyeon cleans the sweat on her forehead after helping clean out the patio.

‘’Thanks guys’’ Tiffany says.

‘’Fany-ah, why don’t you go shower while we finish out here’’ Taeyeon suggests, hoping her girlfriend will listen to her.

‘’Okay, I’ll be back in a few’’


As soon as Tiffany disappears from view, everyone comes closer to Taeyeon.

‘’Okay, we have around 20 minutes to get everything ready. You know what to do’’ the blonde says and nods once everyone gives her a thumbs up.

Everyone walks off in a different direction, except for Yuri and Jessica who have a special task for tonight.

‘We have the kids ready, Taengoo’’ Yuri assures her.

‘’Great. I’ll get into place’’

 


Tiffany sighs as she steps into the elevator once again, ready to go down and spend the rest of the night with her family. She remembers the talk a few hours ago about Yuri and Jessica’s marriage plans. She can’t help but feel a little down. She knows she and Taeyeon are bound to get married someday, but she can’t wait for that day to get here fast enough.

She pushes those thoughts away, not wanting them to interrupt her night.

The brunette steps outside onto the patio, and notices the change. All the furniture has been moved. The lights from the lamps are off, instead, illumination comes from candles that make up a path that takes her to the center of the yard. Her brain isn’t working at the moment, she doesn’t know what’s going on. It seems to be empty, until she notices a figure standing at the end of the path with a very big smile on her face.

‘’Fany’’ her girlfriend sighs.

‘’Taeyeon, what’s all of this?’’ the brunette looks around, trying to get an idea of what’s going on. She has a few of her own, but she thinks it’s just wishful thinking.

She returns her attention to her girlfriend, who takes both her hands in hers and gives it a gentle squeeze.

‘’I know we have only met each other for little over a year. But in that time, you have made me immensely happy. What you have given me’’ the blonde pauses, trying to get her thoughts together, ‘’never in my life I would’ve imagined I’d have. You have brought a light to my life, a newfound purpose’’

‘’Tae..’’ Tiffany begins to tear up, Taeyeon’s speech making her very emotional.

‘’You and the kids are my life, and I want you to continue being my life until we’re old and gray’’

Tiffany knows it’s coming, she’s now sure of it.

Taeyeon slowly gets down on one knee not separating their hands, and Tiffany gasps audibly.

And in that moment, before Taeyeon continues, two little figures appear walking hand in hand to their direction. Irene extends a pink rose to a sniffing Tiffany, who gladly takes it. The girl runs off in the direction she came. Kai, in the other hand, gives Taeyeon a little velvet box.

‘’Thank you, son’’ the blonde kisses the top of his head and continues where she left off.

‘’Tiffany Hwang…’’ Taeyeon opens the box to reveal a diamond ring and suddenly something lights up in the garden part of the yard, and when the brunette cleans her eyes to get a better view, she recognizes the heart and the words the lights form.

‘’Would you continue to make me the happiest person alive and marry me?’’ Taeyeon finally pops the question, a few tears escaping her eyes.

The brunette answers by tackling Taeyeon to the ground.

‘’Yes. A million times yes!’’ she responds full of emotion and kisses Taeyeon, hard.

Fireworks suddenly light up the sky and it grabs the attention of the brunette. When she looks up, she sees her family are all around them, sporting ecstatic looks on their faces. Slowly, one by one come and congratulate them.

Yuri brings out a few couples of champagne to celebrate. Everyone couldn’t be happier for them.

‘’Let’s all raise our glasses, and toast to Taeyeon and Tiffany. May they have a blessed life ahead of them’’ Mr. Hwang says, raising his glass and everyone following.

‘’To Taeyeon and Tiffany!’’

After they drink from their glasses, Taeyeon grabs everyone’s attention.

‘’I’d like to say something else’’ they’re all curious as to what she’s about to say, since she didn’t mention anything about it when planning the marriage proposal.

The blonde turns her attention to her now fiancée, ‘’after we finally get married, there’s something else I would like to do’’

‘’And what is that?’’ the brunette asks, not knowing where Taeyeon is going with this.

‘’I know you’ve said countless of times how much the kids love me, and you know I love them just as much. They bring joy to my life. And the fact that they’ve accepted me and treat me as their other mother makes me feel absolutely content. Every time I hear that little ‘Ma’, my heart feels bigger. So with your permission, I would like to legally adopt them as mine’’ the blonde finishes with a smile, awaiting the response of her lover.

‘’Oh, Taetae’’ the brunette cries again, hooking her arms around the blonde’s neck. ‘’They’re already yours. But of course I’d like for them to be it officially. Thank you baby, you have no idea what your request means to me, to us’’ she points to the children standing next to them. They pick them up and leave kisses all over their faces. The twins’ hug their mothers as tight as their strength allows them.

The witnesses break into smiles and sniffs at the moment and join in the hug.

As the tears continue to roll down their cheeks freely, the couple connect their lips and tenderly gaze at each other. A look that conveys the pure and deep love they feel for each other and for their family.


they're finally engaged :')

hope you liked this chapter, i wanted to post this yesterday since it was my first anniversary here at AFF, but i was unable. so here it is. my mind was a mess while writing this, i wanted to do so much but this was what i came up with :|

please COMMENT your thoughts! and upvote if you love the story :D

 

i hope this helps some of you who are still sad about our girls. i can only say to trust soshi, that's what i'm doing. also stream igab, we're almost at 200!! let's show our girls we're still here to support them no matter what happens!!! and also don't be sad about taeny, trust their love and that they will always be there for each other! like tiff once said #believeintaeny!!!

 

and on another note, this story only has a few chapters left, i plan to end it at number 20.

 

thank you for your on going support :*

 

~~~summerstormz