in laws pt. 2

losing and finding

at last, here it is!!! enjoy!!


Taeyeon is panting, sweating, her whole body sore. She feels as if she’s going to collapse any minute now. But it’s the adrenaline rush what gets her through it. She hops off the treadmill and sits on a workout bench. The blonde drains her water bottle and lies down on it, trying to regain her breath. Suddenly a towel is thrown at her face, startling her.

‘’Hey, ready to go?’’ she hears her girlfriend ask, she takes the towel away from her face and stands up, taking her girlfriend’s hand in hers and lacing their fingers together, earning some envious stares from people around the gym.

After meeting the blonde’s parents, Tiffany asked her to join her at the gym a few times a week, and Taeyeon, being the whipped girlfriend that she was, couldn’t find it in herself to say no.

They get inside Taeyeon’s car and when she’s about to start the car when she notices Tiffany smiling at something in her phone.

‘’What is it?’’ the blonde says, gaining the other woman’s attention

‘’Oh, just a picture my dad sent of his day with the twins’’ she hands her phone for Taeyeon to see for herself and that familiar warm feeling invades her when she sees the big and sweet smile on the blonde’s face.

The shorter woman gives back the phone and starts driving, every few seconds turning to look at her girlfriend typing and smiling, probably having a conversation with her father. They arrive at Tiffany’s house and once inside Taeyeon makes a beeline for the fridge, the water from her bottle having not been enough for her.

She’s halfway through her glass of water when she hears her girlfriend saying ‘’How do you feel about meeting my family?’’, and instantly, all water comes shooting out of . She becomes a coughing mess and Tiffany runs to her aid.

‘’Oh my god Tae, are you alright?’’ the brunette worries while soothing her back. It takes Taeyeon a few moments to stop the coughing and regain her breath ‘’come on, let’s sit for a bit’’ the brunette guides her to the nearest couch and sits them down.

‘’what did you say’’ the blonde asks, still a bit agitated.

Tiffany suddenly turns nervous, she knows the coughing fit was a result from her words about Taeyeon meeting her family, and she fears that shows she doesn’t feel ready just yet.

‘’I ‘’ she starts, taking a big breath and playing with the bracelet Taeyeon gave her when they got together, ‘’I asked how do you feel about meeting my family’’ she says, voice surprisingly firm. She closes her eyes, expecting the worst, but it doesn’t come, instead she hears a soft ‘’okay’’ and opens her eyes

‘’really?’’ Tiffany asks expectantly

‘’of course. You’ve met my family already, so it’s only fair that I meet yours’’

The brunette squeals and throws her arms around the blonde’s neck and closes the gap between their lips in a quick but sweet kiss

‘’you’re not saying this just to please me, are you?’’ Tiffany asks with a brow raised

Taeyeon suddenly remembers Yuri told her that when a girl asks that, you should never answer with a yes, and she can’t believe she’s going to take relationship advice from her friend, but here she goes.

She shakes her head and smiles, ‘’No, I really want to meet your family’’, which is not completely a lie because Taeyeon DID wanted to meet her girlfriend’s family, but she wasn’t sure she was completely ready.

The brunette attacks her lips again, this time with longer and more passionate kisses.

‘’you’re going to love them, I’m sure’’ she says in between

Taeyeon just nods and returns to their activity. Their now cooled down bodies begin to heat up as the kisses grow hotter. Taeyeon places her hands firmly on the brunette’s waist and as soon as her hand sneaks at the back of her shirt, it brings Tiffany back to reality

‘’wait’’ she shoots up from the couch, ‘’I have to call my dad before I forget’’. She takes out her phone and dials her father’s number, who after a few rings, answers.

‘’Hey dad!’’ the brunette greets cheerfully ‘’listen, you remember that time when you asked me when I was going to introduce Taeyeon to you guys?’’ she bites on her lips as she waits for her dad to respond

‘’well, I was wondering when did you feel like meeting her’’

The blonde observes her girlfriend nodding a few times before speaking, ‘’that’s perfect, I’ll see you then’’

‘’I love you too, give kisses to my babies for me’’

She hangs up and turns to her girlfriend, ‘’he says we can come by tomorrow for dinner, he’s excited to meet you. You’re going to love him, he’s super nice!’’ the brunette says quickly, hugging her girlfriend tightly.

‘’I’m gonna go shower before we stop by your place so you can shower and feed ginger. And then we go meet the girls, alright?’’

‘’okay’’ the blonde says before she watches her girlfriend walk away with a little bounce in her step, she smiles at the sight before sighing loudly.

‘’God, what have I gotten into?’’ she mutters.

 

 

 

 

The couple enter Hyoyeon’s house hand in hand, they hear talking in the yard and head there. When the rest of the group notice their presence, they hear a chorus of ‘’finally’’s, which makes the couple laugh.

‘’Hey Tae, come over here and help me with the grill’’ Hyoyeon shouts

Soon, they’re all busy preparing the food, talking and enjoying one another’s presence.

‘’I think this meat won’t be enough’’ Taeyeon says and both Yoona and Sooyoung visibly pale at the thought of not being able to eat enough

‘’okay, who’s going to the store?’’ Sunny asks

‘’I’ll do it’’ Tiffany volunteers, walking up to Taeyeon to ask for the car keys, ‘’and I’m taking Jessie’’, said girl grunts in response but ends up standing up from the chair she was sitting her lazy on

As soon as she hears the car driving away, Taeyeon turns to address the group

‘’Alright, I’m meeting Tiffany’s family tomorrow’’ everyone’s eyes widen, they thought it would take more time for Taeyeon to be introduced to her girlfriend’s family.

‘’That’s great, Taengoo’’ says Sunny, cheering at her friend

‘’that’s a big step, buddy’’ Yuri adds, ‘’I remember being super nervous about meeting Jess’ family, especially her sister, who Tiffany told me was as scary, if not more, than Jess herself’’

‘’I’m not too worried about her siblings, but her father, that’s another story. You guys that know him, what’s he like?’’ she asks Tiffany’s friends, who look at each other before answering.

‘’Well, Tiffany hasn’t really dated since you know’’ Sooyoung makes a pause before continuing, ‘’and before that, her only serious boyfriend was him. So we don’t know how he’ll react to you’’

‘’but he has been even more protective of her ever since then so…’’ Yoona adds

‘’and he has a shotgun, so be careful’’ Sooyoung warns

All previous fears multiplying when those words left the taller woman’s mouth.

‘’Hey! Don’t scare her like that!’’ Seohyun scolds them, ‘’everything is going to be fine, unnie. Uncle is a good man, I’m sure he’ll approve, don’t worry’’ the youngest of the group tries to reassure her, but Taeyeon stopped listening after the shotgun line.

 

When Tiffany returns, the first thing she notices is a zoned out Taeyeon, doing things almost robot-like.

‘’what happened to her’’ Tiffany asks no one in particular, but she sees Sooyoung and Yoona look somewhere else so she turns her attention to them. ‘’what did you do to her?’’ she puts her hands on her waist as she waits for them to answer.

‘’Nothing! She just asked about your dad, we told her we don’t know how he’ll react and that’s it’’ she defends both her and her shikshin mate, but Tiffany is not buying it. She narrows her eyes and looks at Seohyun, who she can trust to always tell the truth.

‘’what did they say to her, Juhyun?’’ the youngest gulps under the stare of a closed to pissed off Tiffany.

‘’They mentioned your father having a shotgun, and warned her to be careful’’

Tiffany’s mood changes completely to worry as she moves to where Taeyeon is grilling some meat and pulls her into a hug.

‘’oh my god, Tae! Don’t listen to them’’

‘’So it’s not true?’’ the blonde finally reacts and the brunette can only smile apologetically.

‘’it is, but he hasn’t used that shotgun in years, you have nothing to worry about. I already told you he’s gonna love you’’ she rubs the shorter woman’s arm and pecks her cheek to give her some reassuring.

‘’okay, I’m going to trust you’’ she half smiles

‘’good. Now, let’s get this party started!’’

 

 

 

 

They’re standing outside Tiffany’s dad house, getting ready to ring the bell. Well, more like Taeyeon is getting ready. She has a wine bottle in her hand, which she thought would be a nice present.

After taking a big breath, she straightens her back and rings the bell. A few moments later a tall man and broad-shouldered man with a few lines on his face opens the door.

‘’Dad!’’ Tiffany exclaims with excitement and he has a small smile on his face as she hugs his daughter.

‘’This is Taeyeon’’ the brunette says, motioning with her hands to the woman right next to her, that had been quiet through the exchange between father and daughter

‘’Nice to meet you Sir’’ the blonde extends her hand, managing a cool persona in front of her father in law, all those years being trained for social interactions in the business world finally paying off.

The man takes her hand with a nod, ‘’Nice to meet you too, Taeyeon. Now, let’s go inside, it’s quite hot outside, don’t you think’’

The couple follow him inside the house, passing the entrance where there are several family pictures, and a big painting of what Taeyeon assumes to be Tiffany’s mother. She was quite a striking woman.

They arrive at the living room and they sit down. The blonde notices the famous shotgun hung in the middle of the room and she visibly stiffens. Upon noticing her behavior, Mr. Hwang laughs and is quick to reassure her.

‘’Don’t worry about that, it hasn’t been used in ages’’ and Taeyeon calms a little. She suddenly remembers the object in her hand.

‘’I got this for you, Mr. Hwang. I hope you enjoy it’’ she hands it to him and he gladly takes it with a ‘thank you’. He gets up to put it to chill, leaving the couple alone for a moment.

‘’You’re doing great so far’’ Tiffany whispers and Taeyeon releases a breath she didn’t know she has holding and squeezes her girlfriend’s hand.

Tiffany’s father returns soon after, ‘’where’s everyone else? I thought they were going to welcome us with you’’ Tiffany wonders

‘’They’re getting some ingredients for dinner, they shall be back any minute now’’ he says checking his watch, and speak of the devil, two little balls of excitement come running through the door, screaming when they spot them sitting on the living room. The couple stretch their arms and the twins throw themselves in their arms.

Taeyeon stands up with Irene in her arms and lifts her in the air, act that of course does not go unnoticed by Tiffany’s family, who look at each other with a raised eyebrow and smile.

‘’oh I missed you guys!’’ the blonde says turning to give Kai a kiss on the top of his head and puts her cheek close to him so he can give her a kiss, and he wastes no time to grab her face and plant a little wet kiss on it.

She puts Irene down and let her play with some toys that are on the ground. Her attention shifts to the two new faces on the room.

‘’Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you’’ once again she extends her hand and Tiffany’s brother is the first to take it with a very firm shake ‘’Leo Hwang, it’s nice to finally meet the person behind my sister smiles at her phone every time we get together’’ he jokes and the blonde turns a slight shade of red at his words, which makes Leo release a small laugh.

‘’and you must be Michelle’’ Taeyeon extends her hand but is instead engulfed in a hug by Tiffany’s older sister ‘’stop with the formalities, Taeyeon. We’re gonna be family now’’ the older woman says, patting her shoulder before releasing her, leaving Taeyeon a little dumbfounded by the sudden hug.

The blonde returns to herself in seconds and sits herself again besides Tiffany.

‘’I’m going to finish preparing dinner, you kids sit down and talk. I’ll let you know when it’s ready’’

‘’Can I help you with something, Mr. Hwang?’’

Taeyeon doesn’t know what come over her in that instant, she doesn’t know if it was her inner self trying to gain some points with her father in law, or that mixed with a bit of nerves, which was never good. The man merely raises an eyebrow, ‘’Sure’’ and the blonde stands up, offering a smile to Tiffany’s confused face.

She enters the kitchen and sees Mr. Hwang chopping some vegetables quite gracefully.

‘’You can help me cut the chicken, there’s an apron over there’’ he points with the knife to a rack with several aprons, ‘’and you can grab a knife and a chopping board over there’’

She gets the things ready in seconds and grabs the huge and heavy chicken on the island.  She begins working on it in silence. She looks fine on the outside, but on the inside, she’s a nervous wreck, being alone with her father in law is not exactly something she had planned, but again, she has no one to blame but herself.

‘’how’s business going, Taeyeon?’’ the man asks, not looking up from the vegetables he’s cutting

‘’It-It’s going well, Mr. Hwang’’ she says and the man chuckles ‘’I’m glad. But please, stop calling me Mr. Hwang, I appreciate the respect, but it makes me feel older than I am. Call me Charles’’

‘’I think that’s going to get some used to, but I’ll try’’ she pauses, ‘’Charles’’. He smiles and soon they return to their silence, until it’s broken once again, this time by Taeyeon.

‘’So, how’s your work going? Fany told me you’re the chief at Seoul Central Hospital’’

‘’Busy. There are nights in which I don’t even come home. Leo and Michelle understand, but Stephanie scolds me, she tells me to go to sleep, that work will be waiting for me when I wake up’’

‘’She does that to me too, so I know what it’s like’’ they share a small smile before Taeyeon continues, ‘’have you thought of opening your own office?’’

He puts the knife down and nods, ‘’I have actually, that way I could work on my own time and my work load would be significantly less. I’d have even more time for my children and my grandchildren. I’d have more time for golfing’’

‘’You golf?’’

‘’Yes, it’s one of my hobbies. Do you golf, Taeyeon?’’

‘’I used to’’

‘’Well, maybe you could join me someday, get to know each other better’’

‘’It would be my pleasure, Sir’’

She honestly doesn’t know why she was so nervous about, Tiffany’s father was indeed nice, and easy to talk to. She’s definitely excited to develop a nice relationship with the man, something that now that she thinks about it, she never had with both her other girlfriends. Her former father in laws were more interested in her business than in her as a person. So Mr. Hwang is like a breath of fresh air for her.

 

 

Once dinner is ready, they sit around the dining room table and everyone hums in pleasure once the taste of dinner reaches their taste buds.

‘’Oh my god, this is delicious! You guys really did a great job’’ Tiffany exclaims

‘’You’ll have to thank Taeyeon here for that one, it was her who cooked it, I was just a mere helper’’

‘’Oh, Charles I can’t take all the credit myself, those vegetables truly make this meal stand out’’

Tiffany and her siblings are surprised at the mention of their father’s name and the casual tone the pair use when addressing each other. They could clearly sense Taeyeon was scared less of their dad, so when she volunteered to help him, they were left with nothing but confusion. Things must have gone smoothly between them in the kitchen.

The blonde suddenly notices two absences from the table, ‘’where are Irene and Kai?’’

‘’They’re taking a nap upstairs, they got really tired after playing’’

‘’I’m gonna be honest with you, Taeyeon’’ Michelle starts, ‘’I’m quite surprised my niece and nephew have taken such a liking to you. Besides us and Steph’s friends, they really don’t take well to strangers’’

‘’I’ve heard as much, but ever since the first I met them, which you must have already heard how it was, we kind of clicked. Which was weird to me too, because I’ve never been particularly good with children. But I guess with them it’s just… I don’t know, natural?’’

Tiffany smiles at her words and takes her hand under the table.

 

After dinner, Mr. Hwang pours everyone a glass of the wine Taeyeon brought.

‘’So Leo, Tiffany told me you’re getting married in a few months, how’s the wedding planning coming together?’’

‘’Amazing, I really can’t wait to be married to her so we can finally be together’’ he says with a certain light in his eyes.

‘’Yes go, get married, leave me to be the only single one out of the three of us’’ Michelle sulks and Taeyeon finds it adorable.

‘’Don’t worry, Michelle. I think before we got together neither Tiffany nor me thought we were going to find someone soon. But destiny has different things planned for us. So you might meet your other half soon’’ the blonde winks at her sister in law, who smiles in return. Michelle watches Tiffany place a small kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek and the look of pure love on both their faces makes her not want to give up on finding someone, because she wants just what they have.

 

 

‘’Leaving already?’’ Mr. Hwang asks when Tiffany and Taeyeon walk down the stairs with the still sleeping pair of kids on their arms

‘’Yes, it’s already late and Taeyeon still has to drive us home’’

‘’Very well. Leo, why don’t you help your sister put the kids in the car, I want to have a word with Taeyeon in private’’

The young man nods and goes to take Kai from the blonde’s arms. The blonde dries her suddenly sweaty hands on her pants and follows Mr. Hwang to his study.

‘’I’m not going to make this long since I know you guys need to go’’ he says before coming closer to her and placing a hand on her shoulder

‘’ever since Tiffany started mentioning you, I begin to feel apprehensive towards you. You’ll understand that after what happened to Tiffany, I became more protective of her and her children. I know she’s a grown woman and can make her own decisions, but as a parent, you can’t help but always worry about your children, no matter how old they are. But seeing you now, seeing how happy you make her, how happy you make my grandchildren, and how happy they make you. I just want to say thank you’’

Taeyeon doesn’t know what to say to that, she just looks at him in silence until he speaks again, ‘’nothing makes me more happy and calm knowing that my daughter is with someone who makes her as happy and safe as you make her. And I know you don’t need this, but I’m going to say it anyway’’ he pauses and takes a breath, surely the words that are about to come out of this mouth are not easy for him ‘’you have my approval and my blessing’’

Taeyeon smiles widely at that and squeezes the man’s hand ‘’Thank you so much, you have no idea how much your words mean to me. There’s nothing more than I want than to continue making your daughter and grandkids happy’’

He gives her a quick hug and squeezes her shoulders, ‘’if my wife were still alive, she would have loved you’’

‘’I’m sure I would have loved her, also’’

 

After placing the kids in their crib, the couple walk to Taeyeon’s car.

‘’Thank you so much for meeting my family today, they loved you, you know’’ the brunette says before hugging her girlfriend.

‘’it was really nice. I’m glad I did it’’ the blonde says before moving closer for a kiss

‘’what did my dad say to you?’’ Tiffany asks, interrupting the kiss.

‘’nothing much’’ she shrugs her shoulders, ‘’he was just voicing his approval for our relationship’’ she smiles big when she remembers the man’s words.

‘’see, I told you everything was going to be okay, I don’t know why you were so worried’’

‘’Honestly, me neither’’.

 


Finally Tae got to meet Tiffany's family!!! i hope you enjoyed this crappy chapter. next one the twins make bigger appereances. i feel like they haven't been that present in the last couple of chapters so...

 

 

please leave a comment on what you thought of this chapter:)

anyway, thank for the already 311 subs!! 

 

 

note: soshi has been feeding us so well this past few days and now in two hours we're about to have a feast with the two mvs and the digital album :') idk about u guys but i'm pumped!!! so far, between the two title tracks, all night is my fave!!

 

~~~summerstormz