silver promises

losing and finding

They decided on Saturday for their movie marathon. Now, Taeyeon didn’t know what to do. She had texted her friends, who were genuinely surprised that she decided to confess, but they hadn’t been of much help. Sunny and Yuri suggested an movie marathon, to which Taeyeon blushed and said absolutely not, and Hyoyeon suggested she wrote her a rap. How their friends got girls? She had no idea.

Useless friends aside, she went to her computer and did some research, having only had 2 girlfriends in her whole life, she wasn’t exactly an expert in these kinds of things. The internet threw her a bunch of answers, but most not really helpful. She had a few ideas on her mind, but nothing too clear. It was all a mix of movie scenes and internet advice.

~~

It was Saturday morning and Taeyeon woke up feeling rather anxious, this was the day. After this, no matter the result, things won’t be the same between Tiffany and her anymore. She got out of bed and took a long and hot shower, something she does when she wants to calm herself down. She had a nice breakfast and went out the door to get the things she was going to need for later.

First, she went to the supermarket to shop for the ingredients for dinner. Then she went to a liquor store and chose their best bottle of champagne, one of Tiffany’s favorite drinks. And last but not least, she went to one of the best jewelry shops in town. At first she wasn’t sure about the idea of giving Tiffany jewelry, but she wants her to know she is serious about this, that she’s not taking this lightly.

She enters the establishments, attracting the attention of several customers, she sees a woman behind one of the counters with her back to her, but upon hearing the doorbell she turns around, and Taeyeon can’t mask the surprise of seeing who that person is

‘’Yoona?’’

‘’Unnie, I didn’t expect to see you here’’ she says, her own surprise obvious through her tone

‘’you work here?’’ the blonde asks raising her eyebrows

‘’I own this shop’’ the slim girl says with a proud smile on her face

‘’oh, I didn’t know that. That’s great’’ Taeyeon smiles, not really knowing what else to say

‘’it is. But now, were you looking for something?’’

‘’ah, yes. I’m looking for a silver bracelet’’

Yoona merely raises an eyebrow before she asks ‘’what’s the occasion?’’

Taeyeon looks at her nervously, unsure if saying something because this is Tiffany’s friend, but she figures that knowing what’s for will help her choose the right bracelet for Tiffany.

So she takes a deep breath and almost whispers her next words ‘’I’m confessing to someone’’

Yoona smiles teasingly but doesn’t actually say anything, she knows Taeyeon sometimes can be quite nervous and get embarrassed quickly

‘’alright, come with me this way’’ she motions for her to follow her another counter

‘’this collection is especially used for love related things, tell me when you say anything you like’’

Taeyeon spends several minutes admiring the jewelry, far too many minutes for Yoona’s liking, but she doesn’t mention anything, for she assumes the girl wants to make the correct decision

A few more moments pass by and Taeyeon finally opens ‘’do you have anything else? Nothing here makes me think of her’’

‘’why don’t you talk me a little about this person, so I have an idea as to what to show you’’

Taeyeon seems hesitant at first but eventually decides follow Yoona’s suggestion

‘’she’s very sweet, very caring. Beautiful, no scratch that’’ her face breaks into a smile ‘’absolutely gorgeous, stunning. She has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, a smile that can light up even my darkest moments. She makes me feel so warm’’ she sighs loudly before saying her next words ‘’she opened my heart to love again’’

Yoona is deep in thought after her words, she lifts up a finger and says ‘’wait here, I think I have just what you’re looking for’’ she disappears to the back of the shop and comes back a few minutes later with a box in her hand

‘’this here is a special bracelet I designed a few years ago, but for some reason I didn’t want to put it in exhibition. So I’ve been saving it for when someone comes looking for something like this, and I think that person is you, unnie’’

She opens the box and shows Taeyeon what’s inside, the other girl’s face instantly lights up with a smile ‘’this is perfect. I’ll take it, but can you do something for me?’’

 

 

‘’Take care my babies, mommy will come and get you tomorrow afternoon, okay?’’ the brunette leans forward and kisses their foreheads sweetly, she then goes to kiss her father’s cheek ‘’I’ll see you tomorrow dad, have fun with the kids’’

‘’oh we will, right guys?’’ the man asks his grandkids who only giggle in response ‘’do you have any plans?’’

‘’I’m watching some movies with a friend’’

‘’a friend?’’ he asks with his eyebrows raised ‘’which one?’’

‘’oh you know, just Taeyeon’’ she says in a low tone, but her dad hears her clearly

‘’mmmmm, I want to meet this Taeyeon girl, you talk a lot about her, but you have never introduced her to us’’

Tiffany blushes a little ‘’you’ll meet her soon, I promise. Now, I have to go. Call me if anything happens, okay?’’ she says walking away to her car and then drives away towards her home

She checks some emails and then takes a little nap, she wants to be well rested for her night with Taeyeon later

She wakes up 2 hours later and prepares her lunch, after she eats she still has 3 more hours until she has to go to Taeyeon’s house so she decides to clean her house a bit

2 hours left and she goes to take a bath, she takes her time in the tub, washes carefully every part of her body. She takes about 20 minutes choosing what to wear, there’s something about Taeyeon that makes her want to look her absolute best around her.

She hopes tonight’s the night, the night of Taeyeon’s confession. She’s known herself for a few months of her feelings for the blonde, and is sure the girl shares her feelings, she’s noticed the glances, the smiles, the way she blushes when they make any sort of physical contact, how she zones out when she smiles at her.

In the months they have of meeting each other, Tiffany has come to know that the blonde doesn’t make any decision unless she’s sure and committed. That’s why she’s been waiting. And she truly hopes she takes advantage of the opportunity she has tonight.

 

 

Tiffany knocks on Taeyeon’s door, she waits a few moments for the girl to open. When she opens she’s wearing a Jack apron and Tiffany can’t help the laugh that escapes her lips

‘’you’re looking good’’ she says, her eyes never leaving the particular apron and Taeyeon looks down in the direction her eyes are looking and smiles when she notices the reason for the girl’s previous laugh

Tiffany thought she was going to be embarrassed but quite the opposite, she looks proud to be wearing it ‘’thank you, it was a present from Yuri, actually’’

‘’well, it’s adorable’’

The blonde smiles ‘’you look good, too’’ she winks and moves aside to let the brunette inside her house. She notices Tiffany close her eyes and sniff the air

‘’something smells really good in here, are you making something?’’

‘’yeah, I’m making dinner, it will be ready in a few minutes so I hope you’re hungry’’

Then she hears a bark coming closer and soon she sees a black ball of hair approaching her Tiffany takes out her coat and puts it inside a closet located in the living room

‘’hi ginger! How are you boy?’’ she rubs his head lovingly and the puppy wags his tail before going off into the hallway

‘’so what are we watching first?’’ the blonde hears Tiffany ask while she stirs the sauce

‘’why don’t we take turns? You can put on Netflix and pick one’’

Tiffany doesn’t answer and starts browsing until she finds Mamma Mia, one of her favorite musicals

She pauses it and goes to the kitchen to check on Taeyeon

‘’need any help?’’

‘’no, it’s done’’ the blonde answers, turning off the stove ‘’I hope you’re craving Italian tonight’’

They sit in the living room with their plates of pasta, Taeyeon looks expectantly as Tiffany takes the fork into

‘’oh my god, this is so good Tae’’ the brunette moans ‘’this pasta is insane’’

‘’I’m glad you like it’’ Taeyeon smiles as she begins to dig into her own plate

They keep eating in silence but with smiles on their faces, until Taeyeon stands up all of a sudden

‘’I forgot something, I’ll be right back’’ she says so quick she doesn’t give Tiffany time to react before she’s back with a huge bottle of Champagne and two glasses

Tiffany claps excitedly as she watches the blonde pop open the bottle and pour some into the glasses

‘’here’’ she hands one to the brunette

She raises her own towards Tiffany and they clink their glasses ‘’cheers’’

They take a sip, humming at the taste, and resume their eating

 

After they finish their dinner and they clean up the dishes, they sit in the couch in front of the TV with another glass of Champagne. Taeyeon smiles at Tiffany’s choice of movie and presses play.

The movie is a good start, they sing happily ABBA’s songs and laugh at some of the jokes.

After that, and two more glasses of champagne, it’s Taeyeon’s turn to choose, she browses for some minutes until she finds a movie she hasn’t seen in a long time

‘’Where the heart is?’’

‘’ I love this movie, you’ve seen it?’’

‘’not really’’

‘’Natalie Portman is quite good here, you’ll like it’’

‘’alright, hit it!’’

The movie starts and Tiffany seems to be paying attention, Taeyeon smiles knowing the girl takes importance in the things she enjoys. Until a certain scene comes on and Taeyeon sees a smile run down the brunette’s cheek, followed by some sniffing and more tears.

Taeyeon quickly pauses the movie and turns to the other girl worriedly

‘’Tiffany, what’s wrong’’ but the girl doesn’t answer, instead she keeps crying

The blonde doesn’t know what to do to calm her down, so she does what works for her and embraces her into a hug. The brunette doesn’t resist and let’s herself cry in the arms of the tiny blonde.

Minutes pass and Tiffany has begun to calm down slowly, Taeyeon brings a hand to her cheek to clean the remaining tears

‘’are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?’’ the blonde asks softly

Tiffany nods slowly but takes some time to answer ‘’I guess I had to tell you about this sooner or later’’

Taeyeon seems confused but lets her continue nonetheless

‘’have you ever wondered about what happened to the twins’ father?’’ she doesn’t wait for an answer before continuing ‘’he was my high school boyfriend, we dated for quite some time, we were very happy. After we graduated college he got a great job and I was working on my designing company that at the time was just a room in our apartment. After about a year and a half, we started having problems, and shortly after I found out I was pregnant, at first I was scared because I wasn’t in any way ready, but I thought it was just what we needed to fix out problems. But boy was I wrong’’ she takes a deep breath, tears welling in her eyes once again, Taeyeon notices and taker her hand into her own, drawing tiny circles in them

‘’when I finally told him, he didn’t seem particularly happy about it, but he told me we’d figure it out, that we’d go through this together. The first couple of months everything returned to normal, no more fights, he was extra attentive. But as I was entering the sixth month, he seemed distant, he’d return later than usual from work. Until one morning I woke up and he wasn’t there, as well as some of his stuff. He left a note that only said ’I can’t do this, take care’. I tried calling him but he changed his number. I went to his office but they said he resigned and didn’t say anything. I called his family, nothing. I cried for days. I was destroyed, but I tried to remain strong, because I wasn’t alone anymore. My friends and family took care of me all those months, never once leaving me. And once they were born, they were all I could think of. I thought he’d call once, someday, to know about them, but he never did. I focused on my kids, my family and friends and my job. My company got bigger and I started to have some great work opportunities. Everything was going great, it still is, but things like this remind me about him, about how he left us, about how he didn’t look back or think twice before doing it’’ Taeyeon hugs her tightly and whispers in her ear

‘’I’m so sorry, I didn’t know all you went through. It must have been awful. But I’m glad you had people who were there for you’’ they pull apart slightly to look into each other’s eyes

‘’that’s why I want to thank you, because like them, you’re here for me, you have no idea what that means to me’’

The look in Tiffany’s eyes is enough to get Taeyeon to say her next words ‘’and if you’d let me, I’d like to keep being there for you’’

‘’what exactly are you saying’’

‘’alright, here it goes’’ she says before taking a big breath ‘’ever since I met you, you have brought nothing but joy into my life, you and your kids. For a long time I didn’t think I could actually love somebody, I didn’t think there was anyone left for me out there. But you proved me wrong. You make me feel things I’ve never felt before, things so intense, so deep. At first I thought it was a simple attraction, but after all this time we’ve spent together I know it’s more than that, so much more’’

Tiffany’s mouth opens, but no words come out.

‘’so if you’d accept me, I’d like a chance with you’’

‘’are you sure? You know it’s not just me, there’s my kids-‘’

‘’whom I already love as if they were my own’’ she takes Tiffany’s hands into hers ‘’I really like you, Tiffany. And I know you’re not looking for someone who just takes you out on dates and tells you how pretty you look, and I want to tell you that if you take me, I’m committing to this, to us. Of course I’ll take you out on dates, and tell you how pretty you look, but I’m also cooking, helping with the kids, folding the laundry, everything. I’ll take the kids to school when they have to, I’ll-‘’ but she doesn’t get to finish her sentence when a pair of lips are on hers, and a pair of arms on her neck. The kiss is barely a touch of lips, but it’s enough to send Taeyeon’s head spinning. After a second they pull back, foreheads touching, a smile on both their faces.

‘’so is that a yes’’ Taeyeon asks amusedly

‘’what do you think, dork’’ the brunette says playfully before the blonde closes the distance between them once more, this time their lips moving in sync. Slowly and gently

It doesn’t take long for the kiss to turn a bit passionate, all those months of longing coming together into one kiss. Tiffany’s lips feel so soft against her own, she can still taste the champagne in . Their lips mold against each other so perfectly it seems as if their lips were made to be together. Taeyeon places her hands in the other girl’s waist firmly, and brings her closer to her body. Just when she’s about to introduce her tongue in Tiffany’s mouth, the brunette pulls apart.

‘’let’s take it step by step okay. Just because we’re serious doesn’t mean we have to rush things’’

‘’of course, you’re right’’ she smiles, but it fades when she remembers something

‘’shoot, wait here, I’ll be right back’’

She doesn’t take long and returns with a small box in her hands, Tiffany recognizes the logo on top of it but doesn’t comment on it. Taeyeon sits back down on the couch and slowly opens the box, smiling when Tiffany’s eyes widen at the sight of the silver bracelet

‘’oh my god, Taeyeon, you didn’t have to do that’’ she takes it out to look at it better

‘’but I wanted to’’

Tiffany admires the beautiful silver circle with little locks all around it. She looks closer and notices it has something engraved

‘’T & T’’ she says in a low tone

‘’the little locks means what you did to my heart. You inserted the key and gave me the opportunity to feel again. It is also a promise, a promise that as long as I live, I will be by your side and make you happy’’

Tiffany watches the girl put the bracelet on her wrist and she then kisses her, smiling against ‘’thank you Taeyeon, I really like you too. I want you to know that this means a lot to me as well. For a long time I rejected everyone who tried to come close to me, because of the fear they’d leave me. But you’ve been here, you’ve never left. And every time you prove to me that you don’t want to go. And I don’t want you to. I want to give this a chance, I want us to work. I’m ready for us to work’’

‘’Thank you, Fany, I promise I’ll do my best’’

‘’me too’’ she kisses her again, this time shortly before pulling away, but grabbing her hand

‘’do you want to watch another movie?’’ Taeyeon asks

‘’no, I want to finish this one’’


first, i want to apologize for the wait! second, i want to say thank you to everyone who has suscribed, to all the upvotes, to every comment, to all my readers. you're what makes this story <3

 

now, much like Taeyeon, i had a lot of ideas but in the end it was all a mix of those ideas, so i'm sorry if this seems a mess :/

i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. please comment what you thought :) i love reading what you think!

 

also here's the link to the bracelet if you're curious abt what it looks like

http://www.stylisheve.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tiffany-Sterling-Silver-Bracelets-for-Women_01.jpg

 

thank you again, see you next chapter!!!

ps: the scene that made Tiffany cry was when the girl's boyfriend ran away and left her pregnant in a walmart parking lot :/

 

~~~summerstormz